Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #26
Resurrectus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Nancy
Well, yes, I have social anxiety disorder.
There are medications that you can take for social-anxiety disorders. They're the same medications that are used to treat depression.
  • socialanxietysupport (dot) com
Resurrectus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #27
noveleigh

I am pretty shy around people I don't know. Sometimes I'll bust out of my shell and talk to someone if they seem approachable, but otherwise there isn't going to be any kind of interaction. Period. Large crowds make me sick to my stomach and dizzy; hence the reason I tend to go anywhere at odd hours when there aren't going to be all that many people.
noveleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:35 PM   #28
Agent17

I'm very shy around everyone, in fact I barely even talk at all during the day. I almost never talk to anyone outside of friends and family.

Although sometimes when I am put on the spot before many people I can make a speech or say something truly amazing that no one would expect me to say.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
Kaali

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik
Yes I am shy, socially awkward & have a terrible time trying to make friends. Unless people approach me there's rarely any interaction. I am one of those people that the outside world perceives as an outgoing extrovert but I'm actually the exact opposite.
That's actually how i'm interpreted by my friends. Which makes me feel good. Although it's hard when I can't talk to them about the really dark times i'm having, and don't really have any one else to talk to about it. But when they met me, and even still, they thought/think that i'm just a silly/goofy person. Which I actually like(Minus not being able to talk about the full extent of my emotions), cause I never like to feel like the "downer" in the group(As I am interpreted in most other places/with most people). It'd certainly be nice to have someone where I can be both goofy around AND talk to about how i'm feeling. But they make me feel good. We have good times. It feels great to be around them. Belly giggles galore.
Kaali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #30
Dr Nancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrectus
There are medications that you can take for social-anxiety disorders. They're the same medications that are used to treat depression.
  • socialanxietysupport (dot) com
Oh, thank you,
I'm in a fairly poor situation medicine wise, but the site is helpful.
Dr Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM   #31
Steppenwolf

@noveleigh
dont blink
Old 10-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #32
a morbid curiosity

I am horribly awkward but I'm getting over it slightly, methinks.
I just over-think everything.
However, when I'm not being horribly awkward, I believe I am being horribly loud and overbearing. Rrrr.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 10:46 AM   #33
xXEducatedSocialiteXx

I'm either aggressive or passive.
Very rarely am I assertive.
I find it hard to pluck up the courage to talk to someone about something important.
It was terrible when I asked my boyfriend out.
I really liked him, but I could never find the guts to tell him how I felt.
But I had to, because none of my friends would XD.
But it paid off in then end.
xXEducatedSocialiteXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #34
The Antichrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSomnambulist
I am so dreadfully shy and quiet that it is painful. I don't know how to assert myself and just start conversing with people. I get so anxious about it. I don't want to be overbearing and talkative, but it's difficult for me to say anything at all. Does anyone have a similar problem, or some kind of advice?
Sounds like me.I tend to sit back and find out what there interested in then if we have something in commen I just to that and thats how I get to know new people.But that only works if that person is talking to someone else.I have noticed latly that I'm kinda growing out of it cause I'm less nervios(spelling) around new people expecilly pretty girls.That has been a very big problem of mine but it's slowly getting better.Maybe you will grow out of it or find a way to get around it.
The Antichrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #35
noveleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf
@noveleigh
dont blink
HAHAHA! I was wondering if anyone would know what the avatar is from! That's my favorite Doctor Who episode.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #36
Steppenwolf

(sorry for being so off topic , but I just have to ...)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...y/20/who.shtml
Thats soo fantastic , I cant wait to see it happen! X)
Old 10-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #37
noveleigh

(You just made my day! I'm so excited! Now they just need to get a new Doctor. Does it make sense to say that I like David Tennant a whole lot, but I hate number 10? I prefer the Christopher Eccleston happy-go-lucky and really odd version (9). Haha. Hopefully the next will come soonish and be just as awesome...)
Old 10-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #38
Noumi

I´ve been a shy person all my life. I usually feel unconfortable in front of a big group of people. I feel like they´re looking at me weird . I guess it´s just because my self esteem, it´s not very high :/

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:31 AM   #39
Steppenwolf

(anytime! (It makes absolutely sense that you dont like him as the doctor , I think he , as an actor , was much too excited about being him , so he forgot a bit ´bout the character ... Imho , was also much too young) .
9 was a completly alien doctor , sometimes happy as you said , but sometimes emotional , unstable and broken. That is why I like Chris soo much as the doctor , he made it believable ...)
Old 10-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #40
paperplague

I'm not shy, I'm just very reclusive.
paperplague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:06 PM   #41
Pantherlette086

I am very shy! Public speaking- NO THANKS! Around my friends is a different story.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #42
StrangeLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by noveleigh
HAHAHA! I was wondering if anyone would know what the avatar is from! That's my favorite Doctor Who episode.
Of the new series, that is my absolute favorite episode. "Loneliest creatures in the universe.."

As per the topic:

I am extremely shy and awkward around everyone. Especially people I find attractive [I'm surprised when I do get dates].
StrangeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 AM   #43
Mealla

I tend to be extremely shy with people I don't know and in front of large groups. Up until high school I used to be involved in drama, but for some reason in a play, when I'm technically pretending to be someone else, I get so into it it's like it's the character and not me up there, so I don't really get anxious.

I've taken medication for it, I've attended social anxiety groups, I've had counseling, none of it has really seemed to help. People tend to like me once they get to know me, and I tend to open up a good bit once I trust someone.

I guess some of it is leftover baggage from the people that used to harass and make fun of me all the time. I've always been kinda sensitive, so I think I took it harder than some people did. As far as romantic interests, I usually have little clue as to the first thing to do. As far as the relationships I've been in, the other person has usually made the first move. I'm a bit of a closet romantic though, so I usually prefer it that way anyway.

I've found ways of getting over it though. Mostly through socializing in interest/fandom groups. This helps since I tend to do a bit better when I know I have some common ground with someone. Not that I'd ignore someone with different interests, just makes it easier, knowing you have at least one thing in common you can talk about to get to know each other better.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 AM   #44
Madarame

I suffer from social anxiety disorder, so I have a lot of difficulty interacting with people. I even have some anxiety when typing on forums. I'm a lot better than I used to be though and still making steady progress.
Madarame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #45
Solumina

I used to be extremely shy, to the point of people thinking that I was a bitch because I was so terrified of new people that I could hardly look at them. I guess over the years I have just forced myself to do things that were quite far outside of my comfort zone. It wasn't a quick process and I'm not exactly comfortable around new people but now I can at least look strangers in the face and say hello.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #46
Selenite Rose

I was excruciatingly shy for a while. All I could do was hide myself away and read because I could put myself into the story and have a different life. As I got a into high school though, I started to come out of my shell a little, especially with friends. But, if I get embarrassed, I'll revert back into my shell. It was basically about being comfortable with what few friends I had at the time that helped me.
Selenite Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #47
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenite Rose
I was excruciatingly shy for a while. All I could do was hide myself away and read because I could put myself into the story and have a different life. As I got a into high school though, I started to come out of my shell a little, especially with friends. But, if I get embarrassed, I'll revert back into my shell. It was basically about being comfortable with what few friends I had at the time that helped me.
I have the same problem, I'm okay until I do or say something dumb, then I get very embarressed and won't talk.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #48
Disaffected Shoelaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
I am horribly awkward but I'm getting over it slightly, methinks.
I just over-think everything.
However, when I'm not being horribly awkward, I believe I am being horribly loud and overbearing. Rrrr.
I'm not shy, but am also sometimes very awkward with people I don't know, especially if they all know each other already. Usually I can talk to practically anyone, but walking into a group and being the newbie puts me off balance. Literally - I lose my footing and stumble sometimes if I'm nervous enough.
Disaffected Shoelaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #49
Necrophagist

I'm shy. Why? Because i'm a fucking ugly cunt! Lol.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #50
xParadigmx

I know alot of people, and I let alot of people think they know me. I feel a little bad about it sometimes. I don't tell anyone anyhting really personal about me, but I psend enough time around a large amount of people that they feel more comfortable around me. I make some people very nervous, and I feel a little bad about that too. But I don't know what it is about me that says 'menace'. I'm not evry tall or anything, but I am getting off topic again, hmm.

I guess you could say I am well known, at least in this little part of town that I occupy and roam.

Generally I am more outgoing and responsive at night. That, and I think that night owls just get along better. There is something almost a little familial about seeing the same people going about their same business night after night. If you see me durign the day, I can me very grouchy and moody, depending on how bright it is outside.

I have a harder time 'talking' to this forum, because people's opinions of you are actually based on your character (most of the time), and I don't know whether or not I trust my 'voice' to 'speak'.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote