Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #6926
Saya

There's an Indian place here that when you go, you got two options. That's it. Meat, or vegan, or gtfo. And its the most amazing food in the world.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #6927
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
PS Solumina, I know exactly what you mean. I don't really care for Mom's boyfriend and she could do better, but I bite my tongue about it.
Yeah, I'm just hoping that she is blinded by how exciting it is to be dating (as this is her first boyfriend since my dad died) and that once that excitement wears off she will realize on her own that this guy just isn't on her level.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #6928
Solumina

Quote:
There's an Indian place here that when you go, you got two options. That's it. Meat, or vegan, or gtfo. And its the most amazing food in the world.
Do they just kind of make whatever they feel like making/bought ingredients for that day? That sounds kind of awesome.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 06:05 PM   #6929
Saya

Oh yeah, its never the same thing day after day. So when you go its kind of a surprise.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM   #6930
Solumina

Nice, wonderful things happen when a chef is allowed to have fun.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #6931
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Naan is an Indian flat-bread that, when done right, is seriously one of the most amazing breads in the world due to the lovely bit of char it gets from being cooked in a tandoor, so even if there is nothing else the least bit appealing I'm happy to live off of naan.

BUT before I just start going on about my favorite Indian dishes: what kind of food do you like? What textures and flavors appeal to you? Indian food is very much regional (but with lots of mingling and crossovers) and there is a lot of variety to pick from.
OOh I've been trying to remember for years what the indian bread was called, I remember seeing it made as a little kid on tv, it always looked quite interesting and tasty to me. The only problem is I haven't heard of a single place that actually makes and serves it, and since my experiences with indian food haven't been that great it hasn't really come up in my mind enough for me to remember to look it up.

I've always been fond of trying new foods, I'm not a vegan though and quite whole heatedly enjoy meat, but judging by the indian beliefs I think expecting beef is out of the question. For a point of reference however, the last time I had something I would consider non american cuisine I was having a gyro with some sort of lettuce cheese mix and hummus. I'm wasn't the biggest fan of hummus beforehand, so it just shows that I'll eat anything if it's matched well. In my mind the indian variety of spices sounds more like chemistry(which of course it is technecally), than selecting paints for making a masterpiece, and I don't want to spend all day trying different combinations like some sort of food rubix cube. Well I wouldn't mind trying different combinations all day its just I'm constrained by not being able to afford to spend all day in a restaurant/my stomach can't handle non stop eating.

As for cooking things myself, I have been experimenting more and more, not sure if I'm ready to cook indian food yet though. I've even been trying to make my own versions of fast food, such as Taco bell's grilled stuffed burrito except with higher quality/healthier ingredients, so far I've got the special sauce down. Not to mention when I did make it, the portioning went very well since I had more than enough to feed me for days.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #6932
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Oh yeah, its never the same thing day after day. So when you go its kind of a surprise.
That does sound fun,

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #6933
Saya

I just discovered that red envelope thing near threads you post in, and apparently I have 548 posts in this thead. Fuck!
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #6934
Solumina

I have 500 even.

Haha you're a bigger whiner than I am.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #6935
Saya

Or maybe I console people more than you!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #6936
Haejin

how did i never know about that red envelope?!?
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #6937
Solumina

I don't know but I have kind of become obsessed with it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-05-2012, 05:08 AM   #6938
honeythorn

Renatus, you seriously need to come here. Very close to where i live is a small town called lye, which is pretty much made up of one long high street containing at least ( off the top of my head) 15 indian restaurants and takeaways. It,s the main hub of the local indian/pakistani/bangladeshi community round here.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #6939
Victoria Lovecraft

Location: Am I in the library? No? Perhaps the pantry? No. Damn.Hm... Check the laboratory. Yup, found me.
I can't draw today, I am deprived of caffeinated joy, I am having a bad hair day and I hate myself when I get whiny.
._.
Also I want some spicy peanut curry and naan after reading the last few posts.
Victoria Lovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #6940
Apathy's_Child

My mother is threatening to send my dick little brother to live with me to "straighten out". Fuck me if I could straighten out a paper clip right now. I'd just end up kicking his ass and giving him booze to stop him going out for coke and leave him a battered, bruised alcoholic who's STILL a dick, because I really cannot be assed to get into psychologizing his dickishness right now. I know I sound like an asshole, but I've sunk more time and energy into that kid than anyone, and until he actually WANTS to stop acting like a total cunt I don't see what everyone else expects me to do with him.

This is what happens in my family if you aren't married by 23: you become everybody's fucking babysitter, gossip dump, filler-in and general grunt. I'm set that I'm not fucking having this one right now, but I just know it's gonna cause drama if he pulls any more shit and my mother tries to kick him onto me.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #6941
MissCheyenne

My blood results were 'inconclusive', whatever the fuck that means so I have to have more blood drawn tomorrow so they can rush it through to the lab and get the results back for Wednesday morning. Yay fun.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #6942
Haejin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
This is what happens in my family if you aren't married by 23: you become everybody's fucking babysitter, gossip dump, filler-in and general grunt. I'm set that I'm not fucking having this one right now, but I just know it's gonna cause drama if he pulls any more shit and my mother tries to kick him onto me.
Ugh put your foot down and say no.
Haejin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #6943
in.the.moon

Today was supposed to be a very exciting, nice day. I had my boob appointment which I had been looking forward for months now. Alas, when I came home my boyfriend was having a fit, and it spiraled down from there,,ending in me knocking his sister's door so she could see something (not knowing she was sleeping, it was barely 8:30) and him getting pissed off he pushed me when I was coming back in so hard that I fell and she and someone else saw me. Like, What the fuck is your problem?

The only reason that I came in the room without calming down first is because the baby was in the room crying. That led to me flipping out on him...

whatever....This was supposed to be a nice awesome day for me but it ended being a fucked up day, where my boyfriend who I'm always supportive of, ended up being completely insensitive about my boobs and just a douche-bag for no reason. Is it MY fault the baby threw up on him and the blanket!!!!!!!!??

NO, so he had no reason to take his anger out on me

But yeah, so much for the good day I was hoping for
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #6944
Acharis

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
he pushed me when I was coming back in so hard that I fell
Jeez, that's not ok. If I were you I'd be telling someone about this, and possibly getting out of there.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #6945
MissCheyenne

My bloods came back fine which is nice. Since the doctor can't find a serious underlying cause, he's putting my symptoms down to stress and depression. I've got tablets for the headaches and I have to go back in a month so the doctor can monitor how I'm doing. I'm glad I don't have any serious physical conditions but I do wish the headaches would just .....go away.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #6946
in.the.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Jeez, that's not ok. If I were you I'd be telling someone about this, and possibly getting out of there.
Both of us act like that with each other, but yea you are right. We do need to be careful so it doesn't get out of hand one day
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #6947
Solumina

Moon that really does not sound like a healthy relationship. Y'all need to cut that shit out and get some couples counseling or something.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #6948
Darcnyss

So the event I was planning for this weekend (probably the biggest goth event I ever planned, 5 DJs, 4 gothic stalls, the launch of a brand new cocktail and very many giveaways) got cancelled due to the club we were going to have it at not being open anymore. Apparently the landlord changed the locks on the venue.
Months of planning down the drain.
*Sigh*
Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #6949
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
My mother is threatening to send my dick little brother to live with me to "straighten out". Fuck me if I could straighten out a paper clip right now. I'd just end up kicking his ass and giving him booze to stop him going out for coke and leave him a battered, bruised alcoholic who's STILL a dick, because I really cannot be assed to get into psychologizing his dickishness right now. I know I sound like an asshole, but I've sunk more time and energy into that kid than anyone, and until he actually WANTS to stop acting like a total cunt I don't see what everyone else expects me to do with him.

Oh HELL no. At this point, it's not just about what you're willing to do for him (although frankly, I think you've done plenty already considering that he's your brother and not your fucking kid); it's about the sheer imposition. Tell them you also have a roommate to consider who wouldn't appreciate some coked-up 17 yr old crazying up the place that he's paying to live in too, and who could probably live without half his shit being stolen every time he pops out. Even if you weren't already having a crappy time with the whole break-up thing at the moment, this is just too much to ask.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:38 AM   #6950
Versus

I've almost died 3 times today, and I haven't even eaten lunch yet. What the shit is going on?
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote