Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #26
Alan

Because the original poster and most people who agree with her come off to me like misanthropic fucks who are in a public place, are confronted with a person who, as dull or crazy or ridiculous as they might be, choose to see other people in their vicinity as actual people instead of merely aggregates, and instead of taking the opportunity to listen to the person and maybe even liven their day, the little shitheads get pissed off because their music is more important.
I'd rather talk about people who approach others with genuinely dickish behavior.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM   #27
Ben Lahnger

Kontan, the amount of thread-jacking that was done by Saya and I discussing a subset of the annoying people talking to you problem, namely the subset of annoying people sexually harrasing women, was minimal compared to the amount of thread-jacking that has resulted from your bitching about it.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:30 PM   #28
Fruitbat

There used to be a guy who caught the same bus every morning. The bus would be practically empty and he'd always sit next to the young girls on the bus. Once I caught an early bus home, and he got on, and practically sat on my lap - there was about 6 people on the articulated bus - it was just gross and freaked me right out. But then I was younger, now I'd just shove past him and get my own seat somewhere else.

Once when I was 16, I had three guys from a garage truck stop and surround me on a very busy main street. They thought I needed cheering up, and I was too scared and in shock about what I could do. They eventually got bored and left me alone, but it was around the same time that a lot of kids my age were disappearing and turning up dead. Man I was so sheltered.

Regarding catcalls etc, I've noticed its when a group of the same sex individuals get together, they do crazy things. Where I used to live there was a huge public outcry because girls could never walk past a building site without getting some sort of catcall (regardless of what you looked like).

But then I've seen groups of girls do the same things to guys, maybe not so much the catcalling and wolf whistles but in their own style (giggling, laughing, calling out to the guy)

it's annoying and I generally ignore it and I'm past the age where I get bothered in public anymore.... although last week I was out walking with a pram, behind two big islander guys and we all got a wolf whistle from some kids who were parked in their cars. I didn't look but the islander guys gave them a mean glare - i think they scared the crap out of the kids. LOL.
Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #29
ssj_goku

Oh man. I cant stand when people at my school try to act like im going to kill everyone because i wear Tripp pants. Stupid preps.
ssj_goku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #30
Admiral_Happypants

I usually just ask people to leave me alone, however if they seem to be overly incompetent I tend to ...act differently. When I was in high school I just rocked back and forth and yelled they were trying to cheat and screamed obscenities. Oddly enough no matter what I pulled the teachers never went after me. If being straight up doesn't work then just confuse the shit out of them. Most people will leave you alone if you make them look sane.
Admiral_Happypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #31
Alan

Jesus christ, how can you people act with indignation against the rest of the world, are you fucking listening to yourselves?
real classy
Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 PM   #32
ssj_goku

Alan what are you talking about? Preps suck.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:47 AM   #33
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_goku View Post
Alan what are you talking about? Preps suck.
Yeah, why talk about unwanted attention that has a statistically significant chance of being gender-specific, when we could be discussing the general superiority of We Who Walk With the Night?

You fail to understand, ALAN, that without our misanthropic affectations we goths would be way less edgy and awesome. You simply must be a preppy spy.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 AM   #34
Solumina

Oh snap liking people means that I have no goth cred? Damn, oh well I do look fantastic in vibrant colors so the wardrobe change shouldn't be too bad.

The people who tend to approach me are people visiting the area and wanting a local’s opinion or those who I see but don’t know, like the people who shop at the same grocery store or frequent the same coffee shop. I actually don’t mind talking to those people, hell I’ve made a few friends that way after all it is one of the few ways to meet new people these days and I’m too shy to do it myself.

I also get that sometimes people don’t take cues and will approach you when you are busy. Generally saying something like “If you need something I’d be happy to help but I’m really engrossed in this book” will do the trick. Catcalls aren’t too much of a problem as long as it is just a catcall and you can keep on walking, guys approaching you spouting explicit remarks are cause for concern, thankfully the latter rarely happens to me.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #35
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishcat View Post
I think maybe people are lonely and feel the need to be close to others.
This is very likely true. =)

Me personally, I'm just not a "people" person. Shopping and eating out would be a lot more pleasant if there weren't so many other folks around when I do it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #36
ssj_goku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
Yeah, why talk about unwanted attention that has a statistically significant chance of being gender-specific, when we could be discussing the general superiority of We Who Walk With the Night?

You fail to understand, ALAN, that without our misanthropic affectations we goths would be way less edgy and awesome. You simply must be a preppy spy.
lol. FnA right Aparthy. I'll bet he is a spy.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:00 AM   #37
Anarasha

Well I am glad I don't have this problem.
People tend to steer clear of me. Probably due to the mix of being fat, wearing a trenchcoat and having unusual hair and piercings.
I believe the "unwanted social contact" rises along with a person not being scary and how attractive they are.
The few people that do talk to me are usually lonely or somewhat mentally unfortunate, and hey, I won't die from entertaining them for a while.
It may just make their day, and I won't lose anything from it.
But it doesn't happen too often.
However, I have had several pushers come up to me and assuming that if they talk enough to me after confusing my gender, I will buy their crap.
That is what annoys me, not the social contact of society.
We are a pack animal. That's just the way it is I believe.
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #38
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Because the original poster and most people who agree with her come off to me like misanthropic fucks who are in a public place, are confronted with a person who, as dull or crazy or ridiculous as they might be, choose to see other people in their vicinity as actual people instead of merely aggregates, and instead of taking the opportunity to listen to the person and maybe even liven their day, the little shitheads get pissed off because their music is more important.
I'd rather talk about people who approach others with genuinely dickish behavior.
I will admit to being very misanthropic and people hating.
I don't care if they see me as another person or what but people are aggrevating and annoying.
I don't want to hear them, don't care what they have to say, and its not my responsibility to liven their day.
They way I see it these annoying little rejects force themselves on people because really no one wants to talk to them and they have nothing to say.
YES, what I'm doing IS more important than one what local retard wants to say to me, and just because I choose not to humor you by pretending to like you, or because I genuinely don't want to talk to you, does not make me a dick, just makes you a loser.
LenorePoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #39
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenorePoe View Post
people are aggrevating and annoying.
Yeah, especially people that can't spell aggravating, they are the fucking worst.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #40
vindicatedxjin

This thread is http://www.exotic-footwear.ru/big_jpg/clown.jpg

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #41
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Yeah, especially people that can't spell aggravating, they are the fucking worst.
oh geez, a spelling nazi. Oh you're totally right; this thread is just fucking destroyed because of a spelling error.
get a life.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:16 PM   #42
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
...just because I choose not to humor you by pretending to like you, or because I genuinely don't want to talk to you, does not make me a dick, just makes you a loser.
Why do -either- of you have to have a negative connotation? Why can't you just be a loner, and the other person just be lonely? Both are perfectly normal human conditions.

Don't get me wrong; I get massively irritated with society at large myself! But I guess I'm trying to be less...hostile about it lately. [Being angry and frustrated all the time is draining.]

If I am in a severely a-social mood, I'll try to stay at home. If it's one of those days when I have to go to work, well...I only work with 2 other people, so it's not so bad.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #43
Alan

Quote:
oh geez, a spelling nazi.
JCC's grandfather was in Treblinka, but you just had to go there, didn't you?
real classy
Old 07-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #44
JCC

Quote:
oh geez, a spelling nazi. Oh you're totally right; this thread is just fucking destroyed because of a spelling error.
get a life.
Get a life? You're the one who's 'misanthropic'. Typically when someone says 'get a life' they mean 'get out more', but what could you mean? 'Get out less'? 'Be less charismatic'?
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:34 PM   #45
LenorePoe

http://jollyjack.deviantart.com/art/...F3609094&qo=14
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #46
Ben Lahnger

*snicker* ... JCC, that was good.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #47
ape descendant

My least favorite unwanted social contact.. is when people try to get me to believe in jesus.... I don't know if this ever happens to you guys.. but it happens to me all the time... on the bus, its happened at work... the bastards even come to my house.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #48
Saya

I don't even mind that all the time, once these really hot twins came up to me and started talking to me about the Mormon church, then offered their card saying that I can call them and invite them over to my house to talk about Jesus.

I think the Mormons are trying to use sex appeal to gain converts now.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #49
LenorePoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
My least favorite unwanted social contact.. is when people try to get me to believe in jesus.... I don't know if this ever happens to you guys.. but it happens to me all the time... on the bus, its happened at work... the bastards even come to my house.
That happens to me while I'm at work.. and its a battle between being polite to the customer, and asserting that I'm an atheist and to fuck off.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM   #50
Tam Li Hua

^ Unless you want to lose your job, I'd suggest just being polite about it, and ranting about it in the privacy of your home later.

Also, telling them you're an atheist could just add more fuel to their fire; is that what you -really- want?