Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 02:21 PM   #7851
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Rocky sucks!
I second this.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 02-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #7852
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Yeah...that's a pretty pathetic situation.
Wait, did your internet Valentine stand you up...online?
Yeah and that's where it gets really pathetic...

I'm drowning myself in KFC right now.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #7853
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Canvas Corpsey
Yeah and that's where it gets really pathetic...

I'm drowning myself in KFC right now.
Dude.
Duuuuuude.

Man.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #7854
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Seriously this is as good as my romantic life gets right now.

At least I'm still thin...
Old 02-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #7855
Underwater Ophelia

Wait, I thought you were good looking?
Old 02-14-2009, 05:56 PM   #7856
Sir Canvas Corpsey

So I'm told, but apparently the majority of people 'round here disagree with that notion.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #7857
Alarica

My brother is a compulsive liar and I had a fight with my mum over it, and the fact I dont want to meet his new girlfriend. I'm being forced into a corner now and have been ordered to be civil to the fucking woman when I HAVE to meet her. My mothers a controlling snob. My family is dysfunctional. I admit it. I worry about my own kids growing up with such fucked up grandparents and uncles.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 02-14-2009, 09:57 PM   #7858
Saya

The mouse is okay, feel bad now though because the reason she didn't call me back after or reply to my messages was she fell and had a concussion She says she's fine now, but I hate that I assumed she killed the mouse and avoided me.
Old 02-15-2009, 01:33 AM   #7859
Alarica

If thats what you felt, based on past experience with her, then dont feel bad. Be happy the mouse is still alive! I'm still cringing at the thought of someone feeding live food to their pet. They atleast come dead and frozen here!

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Old 02-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #7860
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
My brother is a compulsive liar and I had a fight with my mum over it, and the fact I dont want to meet his new girlfriend. I'm being forced into a corner now and have been ordered to be civil to the fucking woman when I HAVE to meet her. My mothers a controlling snob. My family is dysfunctional. I admit it. I worry about my own kids growing up with such fucked up grandparents and uncles.
Wait.
Aren't you an adult?
Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 AM   #7861
jack_the_knife

Quote:
My family is dysfunctional.
Every family is dysfunctional in some way or another...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #7862
Alarica

Quote:
Wait.
Aren't you an adult?
Point? I dont like my brother, I dont agree with what he or his girlfriend have done to his now ex. I do not want or need to meet his latest conquest to hear the stream of lies he's told her, or hear a stream of justifying bullshit from her for destroying his last relationship. Why should I have to spend my childrens birthdays, uncomfortable, being nice to someone I dont want to spend time with? If it was that important to my mother and my brother, she would arrange for me to meet her prior to the childrens birthdays, as I suggested. I'm not completely unreasonable. I did offer a compromise.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #7863
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Point? I dont like my brother, I dont agree with what he or his girlfriend have done to his now ex. I do not want or need to meet his latest conquest to hear the stream of lies he's told her, or hear a stream of justifying bullshit from her for destroying his last relationship. Why should I have to spend my childrens birthdays, uncomfortable, being nice to someone I dont want to spend time with? If it was that important to my mother and my brother, she would arrange for me to meet her prior to the childrens birthdays, as I suggested. I'm not completely unreasonable. I did offer a compromise.
That's my point.
You're an adult, you don't have to.
Your mommy can't make you do anything.
Old 02-15-2009, 02:44 PM   #7864
Alarica

No, I see your point, now I'm not in a shit mood. It's hard to explain, not that it should be. I love her to bits, and I've never had good reason to let her down until now. I would prefer not to ruin the kids birthday family get together, but if shes not prepared to meet me half way, I will. the kids will understand. 1 will be too young to care, and the other will probably be glad!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:15 AM   #7865
Nexus-6

So many bills to pay & so little money
Old 02-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #7866
Tam Li Hua

I hate my body!!!
I hate my body!!!
I hate my body!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!! >____<

*plops down, crying and kicking her feet in frustration like a spoiled child.*

There. I feel a little better now.

Maybe I need to stop looking at Japanese fashion mags and loligoth sites. >_< They just make me feel frustrated and depressed. Grrr.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #7867
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I hate my body!!!
I hate my body!!!
I hate my body!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!!! >____<

*plops down, crying and kicking her feet in frustration like a spoiled child.*

There. I feel a little better now.

Maybe I need to stop looking at Japanese fashion mags and loligoth sites. >_< They just make me feel frustrated and depressed. Grrr.
Or maybe you need to get off your goddamn ass and jog a mile.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #7868
Tam Li Hua

Doing my best, Opie; I walk on the treadmill at least 15-20 minutes a day, am doing my best to eat right, and try to get up and walk around a bit at work.

I'm not at the point where I can jog right now, due to my physical limitations. [The twins being waaaaay over-sized and my predisposition to asthma if I over-exert myself.]

I'm doing the best I can with what I got; I'm just impatient is all.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #7869
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
Doing my best, Opie; I walk on the treadmill at least 15-20 minutes a day, am doing my best to eat right, and try to get up and walk around a bit at work.

I'm not at the point where I can jog right now, due to my physical limitations. [The twins being waaaaay over-sized and my predisposition to asthma if I over-exert myself.]

I'm doing the best I can with what I got; I'm just impatient is all.
...you're definitely not doing your best if that's what you're doing.
I have asthma, and I work out every day. The bullshit about your breasts is just that--bullshit.

Also, you're not trying to eat right. You talk often about eating chips and soda, and I'll bet that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If you want to be overweight and physically unattractive, I don't give a damn and no one else does (except maybe your husband), but don't try to come off like you're doing a damn thing about it.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #7870
nis~sijai

I agree with Ophelia, it sounds like your just giving yourself excuses for not trying hard enough.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #7871
Delkaetre

@ Tam Li Hua
There are many kinds of minimisers available for ladies with ridiculously large chests. Some of my friends and associates make use of these devices when transing as boys or when going running. Large breasts are not an excuse.
Asthma is likewise not an excuse. Again, I refer to my friends. There are ways around asthma- better breathing exercises, avoiding environments likely to exacerbate it, and more.
No matter what excuses you make, they can't hold up when it's just your own refusal to do anything that's really limiting you.
The lovely T is a fellow who is on crutches as often as not due to problems with pretty much all of his joints. He can match me dance for dance when we're at clubs, despite his bones being misshappen and his being required to bear most of his weight on his arms when he dances. If he can manage, you can too.

Anyway, my own rant.
My housemates are unclean, and I am sick of buying all the kitchen roll and toilet roll, sick of wiping down the counter tops after them. I am not great with aggression, and end up just commenting "I wish I knew how the counter gets like this, it's always such a mess when I come down in the morning to make my sandwiches" and hoping they take the hint.
My job is killing me, but I don't have enough savings to quit it and just coast till a new one comes along. I'm constantly tidying the CV, but until I have a new job secured I can't leave this one. I don't want to depend on my friends for shelter again, I did that too much last year.
I fear that the meal I'm organising for my birthday is going to end up polluted with drama, as one girl has been getting really distant and difficult lately, but still wants to come. It's too late to cancel the thing, and I will feel like a very poor excuse for a human if I ask her not to come because of her drama after I invited her to it. She is my friend and I should be able to trust my friends to be adult and sensible.
Rant over.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #7872
Tam Li Hua

Opie: I'm not eating those things now; I said I had eaten those things before I started changing things.

Not only that, but the hubby and I only implemented these changes a couple of weeks ago, and [healthy] weight loss takes time and dedication.

I'm not making excuses; I'm exercising the best I can right now. Perhaps when I've gotten my muscles up to speed, then I can start to run. [I don't like the idea of jogging, but running I could probably do.]
Old 02-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #7873
PortraitOfSanity

Tam, you need to post a pic.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 PM   #7874
Tam Li Hua

I think I did post a pic sometime back in the Picture Post forum. I don't look that different now than I did then.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #7875
Tam Li Hua

My response to all those that are busting my proverbial balls.

Venting frustration doesn't mean I'm giving up or not trying. It's just venting frustration.