Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:03 AM   #1
Pulcherissima

My Introduction

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) .

My hobbies consist of Photography (In particular, I am currently in the process of networking with models, and photographing my garments on them for my fashion lookbook-I am creating a line of Gothic clothing for women that is feminine and elegant...Yet also occasionally rough and less put-together, as it's inspired as much by my love of deathrock as well- Other than that, I am planning to extend my series of dark/Gothic photography-which is currently "vampyric"- with a "Giallo" series of beautiful yet deadly women.),

Sewing(I can easily spend hours at my sewing machine),

Reading (I love art- Carravagio, Gustave Dore, William Bougoureau, history- ancient Greece and Rome, Medieval times, etc etc

2. Where are you from? I hate when people ask me this. I've lived in many places...But i've never felt I was from anywhere, and I was so young that I barely remember those places. Since I live in New York now, i'll just say i'm from here.

3. Who is your favorite author? H.P. Lovecraft, Maria De France, I haven't read them in a while, but of course at one time Anne Rice was a favorite, as well as King, Michael Chriton, Ray Bradbury, Philip Pullman, J.K. Rowling, Too many to have just one...

4. What are your favorite films?
(One favorite genre of mine) The Italian "Giallo" genre- Suspiria, The Bird with the Crystal Plumage

(Another favorite genre of mine) World War II/Nazi- The Good German, The Night Porter,

At the moment: Blue Eyes of the Broken Doll, Black Swan, Top Secret,

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I really haven't thought about it.

6. At your funeral?
I also haven't thought about this.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
I also have not thought about this(I know...What sort of Goth am I?!?).

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Yeah...Haven't thought about this either. A black coffin would be a lovely prop for my photography, though. Replete with plush white interiors.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
As an artist, I am a fan of details. Lace. Pleating. I love my short, tight fitting with lace stockings, and a

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

11. What's your favorite band? The Superheroines, Dargaard, Dark Sanctuary, Moonspell, O'Death, Therion, Theatre of Tragedy, Dominion 3,

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Fashion Design and Merchandising. Third year. About a year or two more(Depending on how many courses I can comfortably take each semester...) and i'll be done. My plan is to transfer to FIT.

13. Why did you join?
Eh...Don't know... Local events, meet new people, pen pal, chat, etc etc

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female
Pulcherissima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #2
Pulcherissima

Hehe...So I was only allowed 7 minutes to add once I posted this. Whoops...Anyways, lemme see if I missed anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulcherissima View Post
1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) .

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
As an artist, I am a fan of details. Lace. Pleating. I love my short, tight fitting black pencil skirt with lace stockings, and a corset to go along with. I could either wear this with a pair of combats or with a nice pair of wedges.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
[EDIT] I had a lot more time to use my imagination...Nowadays it's sort of forced...As a method to distract me from the otherwise dreadfully painful and boring events of the day. But when I was younger, I would just put on Switchblade Symphony and it was so easy to fall into it. I'd imagine candy coated houses and white picket fences...The magic isn't gone, I would say. Not by a long short(That is, after all, why i'm an artist...)...But my responsibilities as an adult take priority, of course.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
Fashion Design and Merchandising. Third year. About a year or two more(Depending on how many courses I can comfortably take each semester...) and i'll be done. My plan is to transfer to FIT.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
in.the.moon

HIII! Welcome
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #4
Pulcherissima

Quote:
Originally Posted by in.the.moon View Post
HIII! Welcome
Hey there. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #5
Pulcherissima

Blabedee blabedee bloo bloo blahhh. I see you!. Come on 36 views and 1 response
Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 AM   #6
Pulcherissima

http://atargatisblack.deviantart.com/

The only links of my art available to share, atm.