Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
Zuzu

Hey, I'm Zuzu.

1. I'm a student. It's awful, my school is full of pervy and/or senile teachers who don't know shit about their subjects, and massive armies of peppy blonde cheerleaders and gangsters who try to sell you drugs during lunch. And not even the good ones. Hobbies include reading, writing, drawing, knitting, I'm the singer in a band...

2. I live in the US, in Oregon.

3. It's a tie between J.D. Salinger and Flannery O'Connor.

4. Ghost World, Harold and Maude, Amelie, The Breakfast Club, Heathers, and Persepolis are my favorite favorites, but there are lots of others I love as well.

5. No wedding, I couldn't stand something that traditionally takes place in a church and forces you to wear white. Definitely no kids, either.

6. Not a clue.

7. Whatever happens, happens. I'm definitely not one to live my life safely, so...*shrugs*

8. I'd rather be cremated. I wouldn't really want to sit and rot...

9. Black and white striped mohair sweater, ripped gray skinny jeans with safety pins and anarchy patch, veggie leather 20 eye-hole mock Docs.

10. I'm only 14, so I'm not so far past, but I miss be able to really see my invisible friends.

11. I have quite a few...The Violent Femmes, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Misfits, David Bowie, X-ray Spex, Joy Division, Bikini Kill, The Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, The Sex Pistols, The Smiths...I'm sure I've forgotten someone.

12. So far I made it through all of elementary and middle school. Yay? I plan to go to art school as far from my family as possible...probably New York, but if I somehow make it out of the states I'll go to France.

13. Looks like an interesting site. What can I say, I've got nothing better to do.

14. I'm a girl.

Other random stuff, I currently have blue hair but it changes a lot, I believe in some bits of Buddhism but not the whole deal, my therapist is teaching me how to read tarot cards, I'm really tiny, 4'10", I love video games, comic books, and D&D, I can't cook anything past toast and Top Ramen, I love my kitty Cleocatra, I can't walk right now because I fell out of a tree and fucked up my ankle. Who knows what else...
Zuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 AM   #2
Anarasha

Welcome mate =) I would've prefered that you had left the original questions in the form, though =) I can't remember every single one of them by heart ;) But I hope to see you contribute to the boards in a positive and intelligent way =)
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
Zuzu

Ah I hadn't thought of that. Oh well, random bits about me anyways. It definitely looks like there are a lot of interesting threads...I dunno where to begin!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:21 AM   #4
Still Jack

X-Ray-Spex. I'm happy that someone's mentioned them.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 AM   #5
Zuzu

How could you not?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 AM   #6
ShadowxMakerZ

Quote:
10. I'm only 14, so I'm not so far past, but I miss be able to really see my invisible friends.
That's an interesting thought but, with your point about school sucking seems to not be a bad one.

Welcome to the forums.

I hope your ankle feels better soon!
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:48 AM   #7
DRM

You seem lovely Zuzu.
Welcome to the boards.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
Stormtrooper of Death

Welcome Zuzu. Great selection of music and Oregon is great. I plan to squat in Portland after I get my degree. Cheers.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
korinna5555

Welcome to the boards. You have good taste in.. everything. Haha.

SOD - my uncle lives in Portland. You'd like him =D
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Ophelia's Snorkel

Welcome! Every time I picked out something from your intro that I liked, I read on and got more excited. Really glad you're here.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
vae victus

Have fun with the forum, its a pretty good way to spend time.
vae victus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Welcome dear. You have excellent taste in music. Is your user name a trivial reference to the Avatar series? (Actually to Zukko "Zuzu" as his sister called him?)

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #13
Zuzu

Wow I can't believe how many comments I got overnight...glad this isn't one of those boards where you can post something and not get any replies for ages. And you guys are all so nice, too. Eh well, nice isn't the right word, who wants to be described with such a boring adjective...welcoming might be better.

My name is Zuzu because my dad's favorite movie is It's a Wonderful Life, he always loved the whole bit about Zuzu's petals...I definitely feel like I lucked out in the name department.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:31 PM   #14
ShadowxMakerZ

Zuzu sounds unique and cool.
No one really has it and that makes it tons better.

We're all family here you can say.
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
DemiGoth

The "welcoming" people won't last forever, but I'll be one of them. Welcome to the boards, do please enjoy your stay.

But beware, there's quite a bit of people who'll bash your posts if they disagree with you. Happens to me quite often... Again, enjoy your stay.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
Mr E Nigma

They only bash your posts if you act or type like a dumb arse.

^_^ Welcome to the boards kiddo.