Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Cicero

Justice?

My boyfriend stupidly walked into a school building where he wasn't supposed to be a few months ago. Eight police officers were at the scene within minutes, ready to arrest and interview him and his friends. He got a diversion and is now halfway through his community service hours, being constantly berated by the court and the police to hurry the hell up. For being just a few weeks late in the hours (due to a lot of difficult circumstances) he could end up back in court with theft and burglary on a brand spanking new criminal record... for walking into a building, then walking out again.

So my sister was r@ped the other night. The police were too fucking retarded to catch the guy when given names, addresses and witnesses, so he's now fled the country and will go unpunished.

Now it seems there's a great lesson to be learnt from this: to avoid criminal conviction, keep the hell away from school buildings at night, but stick your penis in as many unconsenting vaginas as you like!

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:56 AM   #2
jack_the_knife

That is so shit. I hate inefficient and unjust police.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 AM   #3
Mir

I'm really sorry to hear about your sister. I hope that given time, the perp is apprehended, and prosecuted.

Your bf on the other hand made a conscious decision to walk into that building, therefore must pay the consequences.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Cicero

I know perfectly well how stupid the boyfriend was, but he's being treated like a criminal and facing charges that are blown way out of proportion. Theft and burglary require breaking and entering, then actually stealing something. He and his friends did none of those. The door they entered through was already broken, and they took nothing

The rapist on the other hand was foreign - a backpacker from Europe apparently - so his chances of returning or getting caught are close to nil. Perhaps if he re-offends back in his home country he might face some kind of justice, but he'll never pay for what he did to my sister.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
jack_the_knife

I feel so sorry for what that cunt did to your sister. If someone did that to my sister I would hunt them down and cut their genitalia off...
Old 02-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
Cicero

That was my plan! Genital-slicing or anal r@pe with a glass bottle. Either one would be great.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
jack_the_knife

Anal R@pe with a bear-trap sounds a lot more promising though...
Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 AM   #8
Cicero

It does actually.

(And I really must thank you for making me laugh out loud just then =])

Old 02-19-2009, 03:03 AM   #9
Alarica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
anal r@pe with a glass bottle.
I said the same thing the other night to a friend of mine! Broken bottle though.....

Seriously though, it's a fucking joke the things the police will lay charges for and the things they are too lazy to act on. And now as a result your sister has to go through this

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:13 AM   #10
Cicero

The hope is that the bottle will break mid-r@pe.

And yeah, it's kind of scary how police will so easily cast aside something as serious as r@pe. You'd think it'd weigh on their conscience to let someone like that get away...

Old 02-19-2009, 07:16 AM   #11
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
The hope is that the bottle will break mid-r@pe.

And yeah, it's kind of scary how police will so easily cast aside something as serious as r@pe. You'd think it'd weigh on their conscience to let someone like that get away...
Do you know UNIFEM ?

Let'em handle these fuzz.
They know how to.

ps. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Hope she will be okay.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #12
PortraitOfSanity

I'm pretty sure UNIFEM concentrates on establishing protective laws in areas that don't already have those laws in place, specifically Africa, the middle east and Asia. I doubt they'd be able to help you in convicting someone.

Now your problem with the police strikes me as suspicious. I'm going to assume this is the local police you're talking about. Get in touch with the AFP and see what they say. Going overseas won't mean anything if the feds get involved, they'll just have him extradited back to the country.

If all else fails, give the story to the media, they'll lap it up, and the cops will bust their ass on the case just to shut you up.

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:09 AM   #13
honeythorn

That's just... fucking hell .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
Raptor

That's awful Poor girl.

Some guy attacked a girl around here recently, with quite a few witnesses who restrained him. They kept him until the police arrived, and then they let him go. This is even worse though, hope she recovers well soon.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #15
gothicusmaximus

I know what it's like to get slapped with ridiculously fabricated charges, but your boyfriend should have just found a way to do his community service on time. Flouting a sentence like that is just asking for more trouble from police who are obviously on a power trip.

That's a shame about your sister, I hope someone catches the guy eventually.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:16 PM   #16
Cicero

My boyfriend will be done with the community service within a week. It's just been obstacle after obstacle getting him out to the place (it's an hour out of town, with no train station) starting with his mother being unable to drive due to an operation, followed by bushfires and 45+ degree temperatures.

With the r@pe situation it's a matter of too much bullshit paperwork and gathering of evidence being involved in pressing charges, and with no charges the police couldn't arrest him. The same thing's happened with countless assaults I've heard of - people have gone to the police, obviously badly beaten, with number plates, witnesses and everything, yet somehow it isn't 'enough' evidence so the police don't bother doing anything. I heard of one case in which the police did go out and find the assailant, only to let him go when the guy said "Oh, I didn't do it". They clearly can't waste their time chasing petty criminals while remaining alert and ready for when a silent alarm goes off in a suburban highschool at 2am so they can all rush to the scene of the crime and arrest some skinny young lads.

With regard to taking the case to a higher power, I don't think it'll make much difference. The evidence and culprit are too long gone, and at this point my sister just wants to put it behind her and get on with her life. I can understand that, and she has a lot of supportive friends around to help her with moving on, so the prognosis is a positive one. She'll be okay eventually.

I can honestly say everyone who's committed a crime against me or my family has got away (this includes random assaults, robberies, muggings, etc), and everyone I know who's dealt with the law has been treated like worthless shit for doing very little at all (they sure as hell never hurt anyone).

It just makes me feel so bloody powerless, and ever angrier to know this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to police inaction / overreaction.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
Mir

All you can do right now is to just be her sister.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #18
KontanKarite

Sorry to hear that, Cicero...

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #19
Cicero

Thanks for the support, guys. I really wish I could be with her right now, at the moment my parents and I are relying on phone calls and emails, but her friends are being nothing short of amazing.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:26 PM   #20
Mealla

I hate it when police get away with shit like this...there's a program I saw in college where even police officers commented on how fucked up it is that someone can be sent to prison for years for marijuana, but someone who rapes someone can get out in a matter of months.

It's amazing that they can't see that violent crime > bored teenagers trying to have a little fun without harming anyone. My condolences to your sister. Hope she gets over it as best she is able. Maybe he'll wind up like in that news story, only with some crazy bitch carving her name into his dick instead of his arm.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #21
jack_the_knife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
Maybe he'll wind up like in that news story, only with some crazy bitch carving her name into his dick instead of his arm.
Hearing that would give me great satisfaction...
Old 12-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #22
Death-Rocker

ur sister was begging for it i hope she gets r\aped agan

shes kinda ugly but id pee in her but
Death-Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:25 AM   #23
Still Jack

Man you must live a really unfulfilling life...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
Ophelia's Snorkel

No wonder you're frustrated, Cicero! All things considered, you're dealing with both situations very well, better than I'd likely do. I'm so sorry the police have their priorities so unbelievably screwed up and that there's so little anyone can do about it. You are a really loyal sister and girlfriend, and you must bring your loved ones a lot of comfort and support.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 AM   #25
Tam Li Hua

Death-Rocker, why did you necro a 10-month old thread just to troll...?

There are plenty of other, more recent threads for you to troll in; no need to bring this one back from the dead.

Cicero: Geez, that's a lot to deal with all at once. I hope things are going better for you and your loved ones now.