Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
FlowerGirl

Hi gothic.net

1. What do you do? My name is Emily and I just turned 13 on Feb02..I like art, music and photography. I play the guitar and write my own songs. It's weird but I love sitting in the graveyard with my sketchbook. Silence helps me think and feel calm.

2. Where are you from? New zealand.. I wish I could leave this place

3. Who is your favorite author? My favorite book is Uncle Silas by J. Sheridan Le Fanu

4. What are your favorite films? I know what you did last summer (I don't really watch films...)

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? My Sweet Shadow- In Flames

6. At your funeral? Raining Blood - Slayer

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Design the next Titanic and drown with it.

8. What kind of casket would you want? An old style coffin covered with black leather, silver trim and lined with magenta satin

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? Flower-print tights, fishnets and all-over lace corsets.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? The childlike innocence...

11. What's your favorite band? Some bands I like include Living Corpse, Fear Factory, In Flames, The Murder of My Sweet, Orphaned Land, Dark Fortress and The Pain.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? Probably design and fashion. Or a song-writer. I'm in junior high so it's still undecided (:

13. Why did you join? To meet people with the same interests

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female

I hope I didn't mess up...?
thanks for reading.
FlowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
Amunet

welcome Flower Girl... and don't worry about messing up dear, You are here for your own opinions and reasons, and no one has the right to take that away from you. No matter what anyone says. As long as you keep hold of what you believe in you should be fine, but you should also listen to what people have to say and take in their experience.

We make our own paths in life,

I look forward to reading more from you...

=)

Amunet
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
Razeal18

beware young alice as you tumble down this hole. trolls are everywhere. I love your choice for funeral music ROCK ON Welcome
Razeal18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
FlowerGirl

Thank you Amulet
Old 02-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
Tam Li Hua

Welcome!

But tread lightly...
Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #6
Random Havoc

I like trolls, they taste good with a nice barbeque sauce, Razeal...

Welcome, FlowerGirl, I'm partial to graveyards myself. I used to sit in one of the local graveyards for hours making pencil rubbings of gravestones that I liked, it's such a calm and quiet place. Really is a shame that so many of them are left to rot.
Random Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #7
Mariner

You live in New Zealand and you want to leave? I always thought New Zealand was so beautiful...

Welcome by the way.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner View Post
You live in New Zealand and you want to leave? I always thought New Zealand was so beautiful...
After 13 years, I think I'm pretty sick of the hills, sheep and 'good-hearted people'. But i have to agree the scenery is something; I can see why they filmed Lord of the Rings here.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
JethroAranas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl View Post
After 13 years, I think I'm pretty sick of the hills, sheep and 'good-hearted people'. But i have to agree the scenery is something; I can see why they filmed Lord of the Rings here.
Hehe. Something I can only see on milks' pack.

Welcome Flower Girl.
JethroAranas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Man In Room 5

Welcome to Gnet. Just watch out, being a 13 year old goth girl means a lot of members here are going to write you off as the goth girl stereotype. But Le Fanu earns you double cool points IMO.
Man In Room 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #11
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5 View Post
Welcome to Gnet. Just watch out, being a 13 year old goth girl means a lot of members here are going to write you off as the goth girl stereotype. But Le Fanu earns you double cool points IMO.
I'm know what you mean... some girls in my school read magazines like Deathrock and Morbid Outlook to define themselves as gothic.
Le Fanu is an amazing writer...I'm glad you think so too.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:03 AM   #12
Ben Lahnger

This is a pretty good intro for a gothic site. What's up with all the introduction responses to #7 being ways to die that involve taking other people with you? Not picking on you in particular, just speculating on the mass of introductions here.

There are some adult conversations here, and while I am very confident that there are some 13 year-old people who are mature enough to handle adult conversations, I just want to mention that there may be occasions where it would be a benevolent benefit that other parties in the conversation know you are 13 before they get their feet uncomfortably lodged in their mouths. That's just a thought for you to consider.

I'm a sucker for Slayer.

Welcome to this place. I look forward to your contributions.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #13
Immolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeal18 View Post
beware young alice as you tumble down this hole. trolls are everywhere. I love your choice for funeral music ROCK ON Welcome
Ah, yes, and please, do follow the signs.
"Do Not Feed the Trolls."

It's so much nicer that way.
Immolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #14
Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerGirl
New zealand.. I wish I could leave this place
I'd say, you haven't seen enough of our country. Ever gone Kayaking down in the South Island? Or perhaps to the geothermal pools near Taupo? Or done the Tongoraro crossing? Or possibly seen the Native Dolphins play in the waves down in Blue Cliffs? Or even the gloriously beautiful Beech forests near Mivora Lakes?

These are all definately bonuses that you need to check out before you dismiss the place as full of "sheep". A good portion of them are within easy reach from Wellington, Palmerston etc.

Other than this, I can't see anything else wrong with your introduction. Enjoy yourself and don't get burnt. Te na koto, katoa.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 01:11 PM   #15
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
I'd say, you haven't seen enough of our country. Ever gone Kayaking down in the South Island? Or perhaps to the geothermal pools near Taupo? Or done the Tongoraro crossing? Or possibly seen the Native Dolphins play in the waves down in Blue Cliffs? Or even the gloriously beautiful Beech forests near Mivora Lakes?

These are all definately bonuses that you need to check out before you dismiss the place as full of "sheep". A good portion of them are within easy reach from Wellington, Palmerston etc.
Thank you for your advice.
It can sometimes be annoying that NZ is very isolated from the rest of the world but I understand that in many ways, it is beneficial. No, I havn't done any one of those things yet...it's weird, since I live in Auckland and I've stayed in this hole for 13 years of my life.
Oh and I hate the high school here! I wish I could go to somewhere like America.. and NZ is quite behind in getting things like movies, the lastest technology, fashion etc..
nō hea koe?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #16
Ophelia's Snorkel

Welcome, FlowerGirl. Hope you enjoy it here.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:26 PM   #17
FlowerGirl

Thank you ophelia
Old 02-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #18
Mariner

Quote:

Other than this, I can't see anything else wrong with your introduction. Enjoy yourself and don't get burnt. Te na koto, katoa.
Now I really want to visit New Zealand.
Mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:13 PM   #19
Corpsey

Quote:
Thank you for your advice.
It can sometimes be annoying that NZ is very isolated from the rest of the world but I understand that in many ways, it is beneficial. No, I havn't done any one of those things yet...it's weird, since I live in Auckland and I've stayed in this hole for 13 years of my life.
Oh and I hate the high school here! I wish I could go to somewhere like America.. and NZ is quite behind in getting things like movies, the lastest technology, fashion etc..
nō hea koe?
A real-life JAFFA eh? I've only been to Aucks on a couple of jobs and a trip when I was about 10; other than that I've avoided most of the upper North Island. Not a big fan of big cities.

Well, as an added bonus, try to get your rellies to take you to Hamilton, where you can see a big statue of Riff-Raff, in tribute to the theater which spawned The Rocky Horror Picture Show. That might slightly amuse you.

NZ schools suck arse. I dunno if NCEA has stabilized yet, but when I went through it, they had been putting it into practice for a whole year, so we were their Guinea Pigs. All I can remember was it being horrid, so I do not envy you in the slightest. Auckland Grammar, much?

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM   #20
FlowerGirl

Quote:
Well, as an added bonus, try to get your rellies to take you to Hamilton, where you can see a big statue of Riff-Raff, in tribute to the theater which spawned The Rocky Horror Picture Show. That might slightly amuse you.

NZ schools suck arse. I dunno if NCEA has stabilized yet, but when I went through it, they had been putting it into practice for a whole year, so we were their Guinea Pigs. All I can remember was it being horrid, so I do not envy you in the slightest. Auckland Grammar, much?
Believe me, I'm a hermit living in a big city. I always wanted to go to the theater...but my rents says it's too expensive and they never give me any pocket money. I'm thirteen for fuck sake!
I agree...NCEA is such a joke. Credits are almost impossible to get for some subjects!! They only allow you 3 hours for the art exam...what a trap.
But thank god my school offers I.B...I hope i can change to a co-ed school soon, or to diocesans, which is a top girls school.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #21
Corpsey

Quote:
Believe me, I'm a hermit living in a big city. I always wanted to go to the theater...but my rents says it's too expensive and they never give me any pocket money. I'm thirteen for fuck sake!
I agree...NCEA is such a joke. Credits are almost impossible to get for some subjects!! They only allow you 3 hours for the art exam...what a trap.
But thank god my school offers I.B...I hope i can change to a co-ed school soon, or to diocesans, which is a top girls school.
I'd say hitchhike, but the answer to that is self-evident. The only other advice I can offer is the subtle art of nagging.

Only 3 hours for the art exam? Don't you need to provide a huge portfolio beforehand and only need to work on theory for that exam? If you want something really hard in an exam, I would undoubtedly believe Chinese would be the hardest. Writing their characters must take thirty seconds at least, so one small spelling error, go back and re-write it, etc etc etc...

If Fear Factory/In Flames is your thing, then I would thoroughly recommend Disillusion and Opeth.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #22
FlowerGirl

Quote:
If Fear Factory/In Flames is your thing, then I would thoroughly recommend Disillusion and Opeth.
Back To Times of Splendor is one of my all time fave Disillusion CDs.
I'll take you up on Opeth.
Also, I persuaded my rents to take me to Wanaka this summer :} thanks to you i found some initiative to be less of a recluse lol
Old 02-21-2010, 12:28 AM   #23
Corpsey

Excellent, you just went up in my opinion. Times of Splendor/Gloria are my all time favourite prog Metal albums.

Being a recluse isn't a bad thing, but stepping out of the door to walk in the rain isn't a bad thing every once in a while, either.

Old 02-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #24
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Oh and I hate the high school here! I wish I could go to somewhere like America..
We have absolutely fucking HORRIBLE high schools.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #25
the-nihilist

Only the public ones!