Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Who will/would you vote for?
Bush 14 22.95%
Kerry 47 77.05%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2004, 05:29 PM   #1
HerGhostInTheFog

President

who should be president? who will you vote for?
I DON'T want to have bush as president any longer....
grr..
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
stercus_accidit

DEATH TO BUSH sdf AHAHA at first I spelled that BusCh rofl, you can tell whats on my mind...
stercus_accidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
ice

It's between the lesser of two evils...
So I'm going to put "Smokey Cat" on my ballot.

-not only are my kitties my favourite people, but they'd be the best presidents EVAR.

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:44 PM   #4
stercus_accidit

In all reality if I vote for anyone this year Im gonna vote for Nader -nod-
stercus_accidit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 01:05 PM   #5
vmprbitch666

(no subject)

I'm still too young to vote. But if I could I'd have to say Kerry. Bush is an asswhole. Then again, I'm not so fond of Kerry either. In my opinion, all politicians are liers. But Kerry's a hell of a lot better than Bush.

Now the true Bush hater is The_Crazy_Irishman. Let's see if he'll comment on this thread.....

The_Crazy_Irishman: What was that site you gave me a link to the other day? A cartoon Bush singing thingy?

~Drusilla
vmprbitch666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:08 AM   #6
Toto_Kaos

I will be smokin' with the rest of the green party, after casting my vote for Nader.
Toto_Kaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
HerGhostInTheFog

i would've put Nadar and the other candidates (by the way, why don't ther speaches gget as publicized as the democratic and republican? or do they and i just don't notice? but im pretty sure they arent treated equally) but the main thing i want to see is if Buch will be out of office. Kerry is the best way to keep our country from having this disgraceful president.
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 07:11 PM   #8
.BatteryPoison.

Yeah, my vote, as a citizen of the United States, is a sacred thing. And I have been advised that I am not to share it with anyone.

>.>

<.<

Anyways. I'll say this much. When asked the most important question (What's going to be done about these gas prices), it was Mr. Bush who had the right answer. Drill in Alaska. Besides, Kerry's a tough cookie to figure out. The guy hasn't been called "flipper" for nothing. Doesn't take a strong stance on anything... at least not for a long period of time before changing his mind. I see Edwards' wife is following suit with that as well (i.e. the 'un-american' comment).

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:34 PM   #9
TeapotScar

Yeah votes are sacred, alright- unless you're black and live in Florida...

*ANYWAYS* unless you want the draft re-instated, I suggest you vote for Kerry. Bush is already planning his wars.

Not to mention how disgusting the Bush administration is- anyone who sees any Michael Moore films (especially the new one- 9/11 was such an amazing documentary).
What was the percentage of vacation time President Bush took during his first 100 days? 42%? I'll take a full-time president, thank you very much. One that doesn't want to send me over-seas to die while his daughters get drunk in a bar somewhere in Texas. I want a president who care more about the middle class than the safety of his financial investments.

"Flipper"? At least Kerry *has* ideas- he has a plan to get our country out of financial, security, and social crisis, and repairing the damaged image of America. What's Bush's plan to deal with those things? Oh- attack Iran next. That'll help with security. That'll help the image of America: The people love us over in Iraq- that's why we're on orange alert constantly in the city and people die in riots and bombings everyday overseas. Thanks Dubya- good looking out. Maybe this time, with Iran, you have evidence? No? Oh, that's okay- none needed. You've got enough friends in high places to get around the will of your constituency.

GET BUSH OUT, please
If not for any reason other than my mother actually said she'd commit suicide if he got back in office.
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:51 PM   #10
Blackthorne666

I do not want the Bush Admin. in there they are terrible! I was watching NBC Nightly news about how he denys Cuban Americans to visit there Uncles,Aunts,Nephews! and they are allowed only to visit there immediate family ONCE every 3 years though i am not Cuban i think its STUIPED!
Blackthorne666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 10:48 PM   #11
anti_everything

Umm..I vote for ice's kitty.
anti_everything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #12
black_fairy

I'm not from USA, but I'd like Kerry to be President.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #13
The_Crazy_Irishman

well... living in Britain, I don't have much say in who becomes the American president, and I am too young to decide who shoud be prime minister of England, not that there is much choice (I mean New Labour is practically conservative itself, and from what I've gleaned from the liberal democrats, not much I'm sure, is that whaever the others are doing wrong, the liberals claim they can fix)

Anyway, the link doesn't just take the piss out of Bush, but probably Kerry too, I forget http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/conte...;ratingBar=off
The_Crazy_Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:28 PM   #14
Jane13

The only real difference that I see between Bush and Kerry is that Buch is owned by oil companies.... so, Kerry.

What did Pres. Bush say when he was told voters think Kerry is more intelligent than Bush?

Good! Haven't you been watching the news? Intelligence is bad!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #15
Davena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13

What did Pres. Bush say when he was told voters think Kerry is more intelligent than Bush?

Good! Haven't you been watching the news? Intelligence is bad!
hehe. yea, evidence is bad too. especially when you have upperclass people with much sway backing your campaign.

why isn't nader on ther? he's obviously the bast choice
Davena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:33 PM   #16
Jane13

Nader is the best choice, in my opinion as well. I'm not confident enough to say he's electable, though.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 08-02-2004, 06:55 PM   #17
Morpheus_Noctifer

I love bush. There's nothing more enjoyable than going down on bush...oh wait, that's not what we're talking about...sorry :oops:

Anyway, I suppose I'll end up voting for Kerry, not because I really agree with him, but because voting for a third party candidate (whom I'd prefer, as I'm tired of choosing between corporate-controlled puppets and indecisive moral reprobates) usually hurts the challenger. Although, with polls right now, it could be close. But, I'll still vote against Darth Dubya.
Morpheus_Noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:43 PM   #18
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Not to mention how disgusting the Bush administration is- anyone who sees any Michael Moore films (especially the new one- 9/11 was such an amazing documentary).
Yes, leave it to Michael Moore to tell you the truth. Man, if I were Bush, I'd appoint Mr. Moore head of Psy-Ops. He's got a real knack for manipulation.

Quote:
What was the percentage of vacation time President Bush took during his first 100 days? 42%? I'll take a full-time president, thank you very much.
Huh, is this what you learned from Mr. Moore's film? Where's the part where he was meeting with Blair durring this vacation to discuss Bin Laden and turmoil in the middle east? Oh yeah... that was left on the cutting room floor for some weird reason. >.>

Quote:
"Flipper"? At least Kerry *has* ideas- he has a plan to get our country out of financial, security, and social crisis, and repairing the damaged image of America.
Ok, tell me his plan. Wait... let me rephrase that. Tell me his most RECENT plan. The guy is just like every other waste-of-space politically obsessed American. Sits on his ass and critizes everything Bush does and has done (even if it's something he has supported). Too bad Bush doesn't do the same for Kerry. Oh wait a minute, what exactly has Kerry done? I can't wait until he gets elected and everyone suddenly realizes the fucker was all packaging and talk.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
Old 08-02-2004, 11:42 PM   #19
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by stercus_accidit
In all reality if I vote for anyone this year Im gonna vote for Nader -nod-
*sigh*

And they wonder why we kept women from voting for so long.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 01:14 PM   #20
Loy

Remember when, as a kid, people told you "anybody could be president"? Yeah....
Old 08-03-2004, 01:34 PM   #21
Jane13

Homer's Mom: Listen to that, Abe! Our son could be president some day!

Grampa Simpson: What?! This is America! They have laws against making people like you president.
-Cinema Strange
Old 08-03-2004, 08:43 PM   #22
.BatteryPoison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I may disagree on some issues with Battery, but I can’t argue the fact of a beautiful mind, or someone not afraid to express said mind.

I’m smiling all over, thanks Bat’s.
This is why I don't argue with you anymore. LOL.

Old 08-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #23
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BatteryPoison.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I may disagree on some issues with Battery, but I can’t argue the fact of a beautiful mind, or someone not afraid to express said mind.

I’m smiling all over, thanks Bat’s.
This is why I don't argue with you anymore. LOL.
I think it shows a great amount of maturity and intelligence when two people with opposing beleifs can agree to disagree, respectfully.
-Cinema Strange
Old 08-03-2004, 09:02 PM   #24
Darkness_Of_The_Night

*Kickes Bush out of the white house and brings Nader inside*

Even though I am still to young to vote "All hell Nader"
Darkness_Of_The_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:08 PM   #25
TeapotScar

Here's the thing with Nader.
He doesn't have a shot since he's not on the democratic ballot. Face reality- we're going to have a democrat or a republican for president. I, personally, would prefer a democrat, so I vote that way. I completely agree- Nader is awesome. He has amazing, fantastic ideas and his politics are wonderful. But he has *NO CHANCE* against Bush. A vote for Nader is a vote taken away from Kerry, i.e. a vote for Bush. See my logic here?
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote