Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Town and Turret: Redheads and Blood

Chapter 1

The raindrops were few but large as they fell from the dark clouds hanging low in the overcast sky, frequent enough to cause umbrellas to sprout from the mourners like mushrooms feasting on decaying matter.

This was appropriate as the ten pallbearers carried the ornate and heavy casket of the late Werner Von Paine to his mausoleum, a polished dark marble and granite mansion of detailed workmanship and grandeur, twin Iconic columns flanking the now open wrought iron and copper gate that was the ingress into eternal peace and decay.

Crimson Von Paine, declining a mourner's veil looked at the casket with open and tearing eyes, facing her adoptive father's demise with bravery and pride. She was a Von Paine, and accepted what must be.
Renatus, her lover and her charge to protect and defend as his bodyguard, stood grim and silent beside her, but his hand was warm as he held Crimson's.

The sound of steel against stone was heard as the casket was moved into its final display, and then exiting the mausoleum, Renatus stepped forward and shut the gate with a firm click and then locked it. He turned and handed the key to Crimson who held it up to her bosom and looked down. Renatus turned and faced the mourners: Dr Thorn, Jillian and many others of The Clan of the Turret Castle, and began to speak.

"Our beloved Von Paine...my friend...Werner...will live forever in our hearts and minds. He taught us with patience, led us with determination and confidence, and guided us with foresight. I will do my best to continue his leadership. I will need your help, all of your help and together we will resume our noble task and purpose. I will miss Werner, we all will, but he would not want us to be sad or stricken into inaction, but he would want us to see this as natural, and most important he would want us to enjoy life while we have it, and to continue until we meet our fate."

He became silent, looked at Crimson and took her hand, and together they walked to the motorcar. The mourners took turns leaving flowers at the gate of the dark and solid mausoleum, and said their goodbyes.

-----------------------------------

The pretty brunette nurse opened the door for the policeman. "Prisoner checkup." She smiled at the handsome young officer, and recognized Emil Von Troop in the wheelchair and knew that this was the day he would have his leg cast removed. The cast removal tools were already in place as she prepared for the appointment that morning. She held the door open for the policeman as he wheeled the handcuffed Von Troop in and then she left to fetch the on duty doctor. The prisoner, injured when Von Paine broke his leg (in self defense of course) was wheeled into the room. The officer smiled at the nurse and asked:

"Any coffee? Last time I was here you had donuts too."

"I remembered how much you liked those donuts, so I brought you some today!"

"Well! Mighty kind of you...Miss...Miss..."

"Sally! Just call me Sally... Officer..."

"Abe." He smiled and offered his elbow to Sally to walk towards the coffee room. The he stopped. He turned around and looked at Von Troop, who merely looked back. Officer Abe was taking no chances and went back to the prisoner, and taking the handcuffs from his belt, cuffed the prisoner to the examination table which was bolted to the hospital floor.

"There. You ain't going anywhere." He smirked and then went back to Sally who took his arm and began telling him how brave he was.

Von Troop smiled and looked at the tool set. He grabbed the cast shears and began working the short chain on the handcuffs. Not to cut, but the opposite: he inserted the nose of the shears into one of the links, and then forced it open with the power of leverage. He then wildly cut the cast off his leg and left down the hallway in the opposite direction.

----------------------------------

Molly McKenzie heard the morning breakfast pram wheeling down the jail corridor. The door slot opened and a tray of food was slid through. The redhead sighed and took the tray and opened the napkin.
Writing! On the napkin!

"Be ready when the thunder is loud"

Molly smiled!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Duane

Excellent!!! So excellent that you inspire me to start writing poems, and short stories to put in here again.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #3
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Chapter 1

The raindrops were few but large as they fell from the dark clouds hanging low in the overcast sky,
So the "Twilight" vampires were safe.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Eclipsing the Son

You're a good writer. I like the subtle interactions you include between the characters. Little things like that really add to the ability to connect with them. Lots of great textures in your descriptions and very believable dialogue. Reading this I can appreciate the review you wrote for me all the more. You know your stuff.
Eclipsing the Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:42 AM   #5
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
So the "Twilight" vampires were safe.
Sorry, no vampires in my stories. But plenty of romance set against dark landscapes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Excellent!!! So excellent that you inspire me to start writing poems, and short stories to put in here again.
And Duane shall appear again!

Old 11-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #6
HumanePain

Thanks, Eclipsing the Son, but I goofed in the timing of Sally fetching the doctor but then had the officer talking to her, interrupts the dream flow, and in one place I missed where I used "the" when I should have used "then" but oh well, the 5 minute limit has encased it in stone.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Duane

Duane shall appear again? Excellent!
Old 11-21-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
HumanePain

Chapter 2

Once she reached the Castle's fourth floor (reserved for the leaders or family of such), Dr. Honey Thorn looked back down the sweeping stairs to the last landing behind her, and seeing she was unobserved went directly to the library.

Opening the large oak door she saw Renatus and Crimson inside who turned to look at her. The Clan matriarch quickly stepped inside and shut the door behind her.

"Sorry I didn't knock, but I didn't want to draw any attention. Did I miss a kiss?"

Renatus blushed but Crimson smiled. "Not yet." The young Miss Von Paine turned to Renatus and then looked back at Honey and rolled her eyes. The two women exchanged grins.

"Really ladies, we should be careful about our mirth. Eyes may be watching, ears may be listening."

And with that Renatus walked to the windows and drew the red velvet curtains shut. There wasn't much light anyway from the overcast afternoon sky, and the curtains now reflected more of the fireplace light in warm hues.

Crimson walked up to Renatus and took the handkerchief from his breast pocket and dabbed her eyes in mock tears.

"Snif. Oh why? He was so young!"

Now Honey and Crimson both let loose a chuckle, but on seeing Renatus stern face they stopped smiling and stood somber. Crimson folded and put the comedic prop back in his pocket. It was at times like these that Renatus did remind her of her father.

"You're right of course. Sorry my love." and Crimson stood on tiptoe and kissed him.

"Ah the kiss." said Honey as she smiled. "Now, to business."

Honey walked around the large desk and sat down in what had been Werner Von Paine's leather chair and gestured to the other two chairs on the other side of the desk. She opened the flask of cognac on the desk and brought out glasses from the desk drawer. She offered to Crimson who declined, and to Renatus who nodded. She poured only halfway when he held up a hand. She poured a full glass for herself, being a stout but voluptuous woman she could handle liquor better than most men. She sipped and then spoke.

"Is he secure?"

"Yes. He signaled as expected. All is ready in the crypt."

"Should we use The Turret perhaps to keep an eye on him?" Crimson ventured.

"No! We must not draw any attention to him. He is his best own protector."

Crimson nodded in agreement.

"Well then" Honey spoke as she stood up "I suppose it is time you sat here instead of I." and the Clan matriarch assumed an almost regal air of decorum as she then stepped away from the chair and gestured to Renatus to sit.

"Thanks Dr. Thorn but...it isn't mine."

"Now who is risking drawing attention? You must assume the office with every air of ascendancy and make it believable!"

Renatus stood and gulped the last of his cognac and then walked to the chair and looking at the fireplace flames, sat down. Honey walked over to the chair he had been seated in and took her place as second in command.

"Imagine someone walking in right now." Honey looked back at the closed library door. "You must not only play the part" she turned back to face the young man "you must live it. Think it. Breathe it."

Crimson spoke.

"You must forget my father and move on. It is expected."

Renatus turned from gazing at the fire and looked at Crimson.

Her eyes reflected the fire, twin mirrors of flickering orange and yellow, and her cheeks seemed flushed, warm with the reflected heat. Yet her lips looked moist, perfect for kissing...

"Well, he seems to have forgotten your father all right." Honey remarked and smiled knowingly at Crimson, who then returned the smile and then returned to gaze back at Renatus; she had been admiring the fires reflection on Renatus too and then answered Honey:

"He hasn't forgotten, he is remembering..."

Old 11-21-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Hopefully this is as good as the last one
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #10
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
being a stout but voluptuous woman
....... >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanepain
she could handle liquor better than most men.
AHAHAHAHAHAAA! I can actually. I'll drink a small bottle of Jack to myself I you don't watch me!
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #11
HumanePain

Chapter 3

Officer Abe drove past the town school as he was driving back to the station, about to go off shift for the evening, when old Sam ran into the street and flagged him down. The old man was in a panic. He rolled down the window.

“Sam, what the hell…”

“The BUS! Some dang fool stole the BUS! Busted right through the chain link gate!”

Abe opened the cruiser’s passenger side door and Sam hopped in. The officer gunned the police cruiser to the back parking lot where he knew the bus was usually parked. The gate was opened and bent and the broken chain dangling, the lock no where to be seen.

The officer got on the two-way radio and hailed the station.

- - - - - - - - - -

Molly had flushed the napkin down the toilet, shoved the food tray back out the door slot and then reclined on the stark cell bed to contemplate and listen. She wanted to lie facing the barred window to watch for lightning, but that would draw attention to her, would be a change in her routine that might be noticed by the headcount guard this evening. No, she would be happy to listen for thunder. But then a pleasant surprise as she watched the cell door: the reflection of a lightning flash! Molly smiled as she realized she would get to see the sign of storm after all.

The headcount guard paused by Molly's cell briefly. That fine lookin' redhead was lookin' even better than usual tonight as she lay on the bed, smiling. The jail uniform couldn't hide those curves. It would be risking his job to try to start something up with her while she was confined, he would have to look her up when she got out! He merely smiled back and continued the count.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dawn Raven had put off packing Brandon's bedroom for last so the child would have a sense of continuity to the end before the move. She had never felt safe again after the kidnapping, even with the crooks in jail, and was moving to town. She would miss the peaceful countryside but her son's safety was paramount. She was tucking him in when she heard the front door downstairs open and shut!

Heart racing, she kissed her 5 year old and then quickly tiptoed to her bedroom and retrieved the shotgun from under her bed. With a schick-schick she loaded the weapon and went back down the hallway to the top of the stairs and looked down.

Standing there, without any attempt at stealth was a tall man, thin and dark hair, who proceeded to throw a travel bag down on the foyer chair and began walking to the kitchen like he had nothing to fear!

Well Dawn would give him more than something to fear! She wouldn't let her son be kidnapped a second time! She silently stepped down the stairs and followed the stranger, trembling but determined.

The man walked into the kitchen and turned on the light and walked to the refrigerator. Good! A safe backstop for the double-odd buckshot she would fire if she had to. She stepped towards the telephone as the stranger bent down to look on the lower shelves.

"FREEZE OR I'LL SHOOT!" The man stopped. He slowly raised his hands. Dawn could see a golden wedding ring slide down the man's thin finger, he had obviously lost weight since he bought it...or stole it.

"Turn around SLOWLY!" He slowly stood up and turned around and said

"Dawn, I would know your voice anywhere, it's me, Dan!"

She saw his face and her mouth fell open. Her trembling became worse. It couldn't be! It had been years! Four years since her husband was kidnapped in South Africa and never heard from again, even when the ransom had been paid by the diamond company that had employed him!

"D-d-Dan? DAN?" The shotgun barrel was lowering and she put down the phone. He slowly walked up to Dawn and gently took the gun and put it on the table.

"Oh Dawn!" He hugged his wife and with tears in both their eyes they kissed each other, again and again.

"Oh Daniel, I thought you were dead!"

He smiled at his wife. Then she saw fear in his face as he looked behind her. She turned around.

"LEAVE MOMMY ALONE!" Brandon had gotten out of bed and was trying to point the shotgun!

"Honey, NO! This is your father! Your daddy!"

"That is Brandon?" Quickly he pushed down the barrel and pulled it away from the child. Fortunately the boy never got near the trigger. He unloaded the weapon and placed the shells in his pockets.

"I'll teach you how to shoot when you get older son!" And he picked up the boy. Brandon still didn't trust him though and struggled. He handed the boy to Dawn.

"Honey, he really is your daddy! You will see. He has just been gone a long time." Brandon looked at Dan but still frowned, but then turned around and buried his head in his mother's shoulder and hair and hugged her neck.

"He was going to bed and is tired."

"Let's tuck him in."

Arms around each other, they climbed up the stairs.

Old 11-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
HumanePain

Chapter 4

A mile from the jail Emil Von Troop stood outside the rented garage, smoking and watching the skies. Covered in a dark raincoat and hat he measured the approaching thunderclaps and guessed it was headed closer. He threw the cigarette into the gutter and turned to open the garage doors, first the left, then the right, exposing the school bus. He got in and started the diesel engine, and put it in gear.

He pulled out and actually went away from the jail. A mile and a half away was the power substation that fed the jail among other places, and a quarter mile from that was the vulnerable and single point of failure: a lone power pole that was the beginning of the line of poles to the jail. He had measured the time it would take for him to drive up the county road to the jail and had timed it as close as possible. He had to give Molly time to guess his plan and then prepare.

Reaching his target in the night the lightning flashes made it easy for him to see the intended pole and put the massive bus into reverse. He then positioned the bus perpendicular to the road, but it was also perpendicular to the power lines, so that when he brought it down he would not risk electrocuting the bus and possibly himself. He paused and put on the rubber gloves just in case. Then he put it back in gear and hit the accelerator to back into the pole.

Sparks and flashes interleaved with the sky's lightning bolts as the pole stretched and snapped its cables, falling to the field away from the road and bus and starting a small fire.

He put it in forward and hit the pedal hard, and steering back onto the road headed towards the jail.

------------------------

Molly was getting excited: the lightning was almost every ten seconds now and she too had measured the thunder's echo, knowing it was approaching.

The lights went out.

As shouts echoed from the guard room far down the hallway Molly jumped up and stood on her bed, looking out the window, and saw twin headlight beams shining through raindrops, coming closer. And closer.

She realized with the surge of adrenaline that it was the rescue: she jumped off the bed, grabbed the mattress of the steel frame and held it up to her, and stood as far as possible away from the window and both walls against the door. Her rescuer must know she would be in the center of the cell and would have to hit one of the two walls. This also means that the occupant of one of the other cells might be freed as well, although without need.

Then she heard the outside fence being crushed. She huddled tight against the door and shut her eyes. More lightning and thunder, the bolts were striking the jail property.

CRASH! The right wall threw bricks and stone and bars against the mattress, and she heard a scream that was then cut short.

She heard the vehicle back up and peeked around the mattress.

"HURRY! NOW!" It was Emil!

Molly threw down the mattress and climbed up over the bricks and rubble, and smelled the diesel fumes but also radiator fluid: the bus he used had been damaged and only had a little time left before overheating. As she scurried over the ruin she saw in the bus headlights the crumpled head and hair of her cell neighbor, bloody and still. She turned and ran for the bus and into the side door as Emil put it in reverse and backed up. Molly checked the jail entrance. No perusers, they didn't know the bus was there! She turned and smiled warmly at Emil. He was the best!

Old 11-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #13
Haunted House

I wouldn't be able to keep track of characters as well as you can, let alone have what they're doing make sense. You've got it all down. Excellent stuff.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #14
MollyMac

"Molly threw down the mattress and climbed up over the bricks and rubble, and smelled the diesel fumes but also radiator fluid..."

Ya know, I have had days like that. Literally and now... well... literally. Uncertain if that is irony or bad punnage.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:05 PM   #15
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House
I wouldn't be able to keep track of characters as well as you can, let alone have what they're doing make sense. You've got it all down. Excellent stuff.
Well to be honest I had to review the first Town and Turret to make sure I had spelled names consistently, kept quoted years and times consistent, and then I thought "Shit! If some readers hadn't read the first novella, they would think this installment to have no character development!".

I should have posted this link in the 1st chapter so new members would know I did do some character development, but even then I let the actual member's personalties speak for themselves.

The FIRST Town and Turret, WITH character development:
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=9841

Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #16
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Can't wait to read the next chapter, I will ask but one question, Will we see any new characters?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #17
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Can't wait to read the next chapter, I will ask but one question, Will we see any new characters?
Would you like to? Who? I would like to see drive this story what drove the last one: member input and volunteers to be in it!

So who, new bad guys? Good guys?

Old 11-24-2008, 01:54 PM   #18
HumanePain

The morning was wet but drying off in the after storm sunshine as the moving truck pulled up to the three story brownstone downtown. Dawn wanted a three story to place a buffer between Brandon and the ground floor; somehow it made her feel more secure. It was the first time Dan saw it and he approved.

"You unlock it sweetheart and I'll open the truck and start unloading."

Dawn kissed her husband and then took Brandon by the hand to go up the short steps to the front door.

An old vagrant walked up to her with his hand out, an old fedora pulled over his brows and a shaggy beard, a still damp but drying long coat dragging on the ground.

"Spare change ma'am? I haven't eaten in days!" The man then nodded towards Dan.

"Haven't seen the likes of him before."

"Get out of here old man, leave my wife alone!" Dan rushed up between his family and the vagrant. The old man held up a hand as if to ward off blows.
Dawn stepped around her husband.

"Dan, it's all right! It's ok!" She turned and facing the wanderer reached in her purse.

"Here you go mister." She gave him a ten dollar bill. "This is Dan. my long lost husband."

"Well, sorry sir, I meant nothing. God bless ya ma'am! And God bless your family!"

Dan looked disapprovingly as the vagrant hobbled down the street towards a deli.

"You will only encourage him giving him that much, honey."

"I met him while we were looking for a place. He is a local and lives around here, he knows what is going on and knows everyone. He will warn me if a stranger arrives. It will help us protect Brandon."

Dan relaxed. He recalled Dawn telling him about the kidnapping and how close she...they...had come to losing their son. He let down his guard. A little anyway.

"OK, well, let's get started." but while walking to the back of the truck, Dan kept his eyes on the beggar. Then he noticed the man didn't go to the front of the deli, but then darted left into the alley just before it.

"Probably going for a quick drink first. Hmph." Dan went to work unloading.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:23 PM   #19
HumanePain

Chapter 6

When Renatus was told of Molly and Von Troop's brazen escape the next day, he and Crimson both told Honey of their intent to use The Turret to search for the criminals. The doctor agreed and would manage the rest of the clan while the two were busy. Honey hoped they would keep their focus where it was needed and not on each other.

Renatus and Crimson went to the library and closed the door. He led the way now that he knew the Turret's secret, and walked directly to the large gold framed mirror. He depressed the third gold leaf from the bottom right and unlocked the mirror-door. Stepping over the rise of the wall to the cutout for the doorway, he began climbing the stairs up to The Turret room. Crimson climbed in behind him and closed the mirror, and turned to see Renatus silhouetted by gentle sunshine from above.

On reaching the top, Renatus wasted no time and took off his blazer and began unbuttoning his shirt. Crimson watched with more than clinical interest as she too began unbuttoning her top. They both walked up to the only table in the center of the large circular room.

He measured the special coffee mixture into the wine glasses and then reached under the table to the wires from the large battery. He connected them to the vacuum tube apparatus invented by Crimson's late father and adjusted the setting to power level two.

Crimson walked around the table to the large mechanical lever that stood up from the floor at the far end of the room and pulled it. Somewhere in the floor large gears began clicking and a low frequency hum and rumble began as the conical ceiling began rotating in an apparent clockwise direction while at the same time slowly rising.

The room became brighter and brighter as the ring of glass rose from behind the round wall to eye level, fleeting rainbows of refracted morning sunshine splashing color cross the room.

Returning to the table, Crimson peeled away her unbuttoned top exposing a black lace bra, and then reached for cables that were smaller than the battery cables, with copper strips on their ends, the other end terminating at the apparatus. She walked up to Renatus who had opened the bottle of wine and upon seeing her approach, stopped and stood at attention, pulling apart his shirt.

Crimson applied conductive gel to spots on either side of his navel, and then affixed the copper strips to the same locations with medical tape. Then she stood up and watched him closely while he connected another pair of copper strip wires to her. Observing minutiae, she noticed his pupils dilating as he looked at her soft white belly, his mouth parting slightly and the lingering of his fingers on her skin as he attached the tape. Their former intimacy did not jade his impression of her. She smiled with anticipation.

Renatus then stood up and looked at her, then returned her smile. He rarely smiled lately, but when he did she could not resist the effect he had on her. But then he turned and poured the wine into the glasses and stirred the mixtures. They toasted and drank. He still made a face when the metallic taste electrified his taste buds. Crimson quickly sipped hers.

They picked up the special, brass rimmed eye glasses on the table and put them on. Renatus looked somberly at Crimson one last time and then turned on the apparatus.

Electrical pulses tuned to the sympathetic frequency of the adrenal glands began tickling their stomachs at the same time the special drink was being digested. Crimson and Renatus looked at each other and gave into the impulse to hold hands. The accelerated awareness began to amplify their senses, and they took in each other's appearance, skin texture, smell and even the heartbeat in each other's hands as they held tight. It was male and female communication on steroids. Laser love.

Then Renatus turned to the giant ring lens of The Turret and began searching as he spoke.

"They already know we include the forest in our searches, so they won't be hiding there, and they know everyone will recognize them in town, so they won't be there, but there is no where else. Start with the town, you are more familiar with it, and I will search the forest."

Renatus began scanning at the border of the forest by the West side of the town and looking North, and saw the Raven Estate on the lonely road before the deep forest began. He briefly thought in his hyper-aware state of Dawn and Brandon Raven, and of the other communique he had received of her husband Dan returning after a long absence, but then he continued scanning towards the hills.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #20
HumanePain

Chapter 7

Molly hated shaving her beautiful red locks, but Emil was right: she had to do her best to look like a man, she had to become the opposite of her former self if their goals were to be achieved. Revenge. Bloody Revenge. And money, but blood first.

Emil had packed the bus with food and clothing and other supplies. They had fled to the forest, and then Emil, being familiar with his favorite boar hunting grounds knew how to quickly and expertly camouflage even a large, bright yellow bus in the forest.

"But we can't stay here Emil, The Turret will search even the forest. Damn them!"

"This is only temporary. Vee must make a careful approach and inspection of the new hiding place, the last place they vill tink of seaching." And the German smiled.

Molly was puzzled. "Where Emil?"

"Ven I left das hospital downtown, I noticed a moving truck unloading furniture into a three story brownstone. It vas Dawn Raven and her family."

Molly's heart began pounding and she gritted her teeth. She clenched her hands on the railing of the seat in front her.

"That BITCH! She will pay!"

"Calm down mine frau. Emotions making you missed the point, a strategic point ya? Dis means she has moved out of her old haus, ja?"

Realization slowly dawned over Molly.

"Emil, you're the best!"

"You remember that ven you pay me, and pay me gut!"

Molly got up and reached over to kiss Emil, but he pushed her away. He knew the shrew well and wasn't to be manipulated like every other man she had met. He wasn't to be used and tossed aside. His heart was bulletproof.

"You better pay me gut!"

Molly sat back down and forced a smile.

"Of course. Herr Troop."

Emil turned away from her and lit a cigarette. Molly fumed inside.

Don't turn your back on me, freund. Big mistake.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #21
Duane

Excellent! I love your choice of words, and the story is awesome.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:21 PM   #22
Darcnyss

A highly entertaining read, to be sure.
I would love to see more of your tales, HumanePain. Now if only I could get myself to write further than a single chapter of my own stories...
Old 12-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #23
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
A highly entertaining read, to be sure.
I would love to see more of your tales, HumanePain. Now if only I could get myself to write further than a single chapter of my own stories...
Ah thank you my lad! I know I need to continue this little drama of mine but work has been fukin' HELL the past two weeks. One more week of work, then I get TWO WEEKS PAID VACATION and believe you-me I will continue the story! Stay tuned.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:09 PM   #24
Darcnyss

Excellent.
I would love to see how this all unfolds...