Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 09-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
MrDarcyVampyre

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre

I wanted to share with you our very exciting Mr. Darcy, Vampyre Book Trailer! You can find it both on our Vampyre landing page http://www.sourcebooks.com/mrdarcyvampyre or on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGv8jnPQJ8.

We’ve had so much fun with this book so far, and though that a book trailer would be a great step to continue to spread the word about Amanda Grange’s novel! I hope you’ll share this with your friends!

For more information on Mr. Darcy, Vampyre and Amanda Grange:
Sourcebooks.com Spotlight find out the literary history ties MDV has!
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre Blog updates from author Amanda Grange
Twitter – @MrDarcyVampyre updates from both Amanda and myself

Best,
Danielle

Praise for
Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

Amanda Grange has crafted a clever homage to the Gothic novels that Jane Austen so enjoyed... This is an Austen-inspired scary story for Janeites, by a Janeite, done with affection and delivered with a very subtle British wink, and completely suitable for a 21st-century audience. AustenBlog.com, the #1 Austen Fan Site!

[A] thought provoking and seductively gothic tale... Romance B(u)y the Book

I opened it and became so absorbed in it that I lost hours of time without realizing it… Becky’s Book Reviews

Grange creates her own vampire mythology and weaves it seamlessly into the story of Darcy and Elizabeth’s early marriage... a really great sequel to Pride & Prejudice. Grace’s Book Blog

A dark, captivating read. Anna’s Book Blog

Since I love vampires and Pride & Prejudice I was really curious how this book would turn out. I’m glad to say I am pleasantly surprised by how well it was written. Debbie’s World of Books

[S]ink your teeth into Mr. Darcy, Vampyre and enjoy its rich detail to traditional vampire lore! The Epic Rat

Along with the adventure, it is the enduring love of Darcy and Lizzy that kept me glued to every page, eager to find out what would happen to my favorite couple. A Bibliophile’s Bookshelf

Vampires are all the rage now, so expect interest. Booklist

Ms. Grange skillfully builds the tension and expands the darker thread into danger... I loved it. Sia McKye’s Thoughts Over Coffee

Full of plenty of mystery, intrigue and adventure not to mention the scrumptious Mr. Darcy - a vampire! This is Austen fan-fiction at its best and required reading for any lover of Pride and Prejudice. All About the {n}

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre is truly and step back in time and you would almost think this is a natural progression from Pride & Prejudice. Fascinating tale! Grumpy Dan’s Journal

Our author has given us a treasure of culture to please even the most delicate palate, a delicious romance of times gone by and a fantasy world that will surely make you quake in your boots. Yankee Romance Reviewers

Mr. Darcy’s reservations, temperament and apparent aloofness are explained in a most unusual way by Jane Austen guru Amanda Grange (see the diaries saga) as he hides what torments him from his beloved. Harriet Klausner, #1 Amazon.com Reviewer

...a true melding of vampire fiction with a Pride and Prejudice. A Curious Statistical Anomaly

[F]un and interesting... the plot had me sucked in from page one. The Bookworm 07

I highly recommend Mr. Darcy, Vampyre to those who enjoyed Pride and Prejudice and would be interested in exploring different directions that Elizabeth and Darcy might take, particularly those who enjoy vampire stories along the lines of Anne Rice. Starting Fresh Blog

The description is bountiful and alive. Maymay’s Memos

A fun take on the beloved Austen novel. Diary of an Eccentric

Grange did a fantastic job of not only recreating the characters of Darcy and Lizzy but also weaving the history of the original story into the new plot. Leslie’s Psyche

[Y]ou absolutely must read this book… even if you've never heard of Jane Austen and vampyres give you the heebies, you've still got to read it because it's wonderful. Amanda Ashby, author of You Had Me at Halo and Zombie Queen of Newbury High
MrDarcyVampyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:06 PM   #2
DRM

Is it like the Zombie Pride and Prejudice?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #3
Solumina

This really should be in shill
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote