Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #101
Ishan

I like all children, particularly when seasoned properly.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #102
TheBloodEternity

The other day at a bus stop, these people were passing by really slowly and this little blond girl who was picking her nose caught sight of me and stared at me while they passed by; eyes huge, mouth agape and finger in her nose.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 PM   #103
Ishan

What a lovely image. Did she have a cute little white dress with lace and doilies and straps of satin, with polished white-leather booties? What a beautiful freakin' picture. I would never waste salt on her, but she might make marvelous fish food.
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #104
Noumi

I feel so identified with this thread. In my case, it´s not only children. I hate babies, too. Since I was little myself I never liked little children because they were always annoying me. I think that´s because I´m an only child, and when other kids entered my room I used to feel unconfortable and invaded.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:09 AM   #105
$haDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noumi
I feel so identified with this thread. In my case, it´s not only children. I hate babies, too. Since I was little myself I never liked little children because they were always annoying me. I think that´s because I´m an only child, and when other kids entered my room I used to feel unconfortable and invaded.

Invaded ?

Like alien invasion ?

How come ?
Old 09-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #106
Noumi

Yeah...
Since I was always alone in my room, I wasn´t used to see other children around. I didn´t like anybody to touch my stuff.

ピラール
Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #107
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Yeah...
Since I was always alone in my room, I wasn´t used to see other children around. I didn´t like anybody to touch my stuff.
Guess your parents never taught you to share.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #108
Solumina

I was taught to share and I still don't like people to just go around and touch my stuff, if someone asks to use/play with/whatever it then chances are I'll say yes but if they just reach out and grab it I'm not going to be terribly happy
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #109
Noumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
They tried but I never had the interest to socialize, or even share.

ピラール
Old 09-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #110
Serren

I dislike babies and toddlers, particularly when they cry. When they are not crying or being a nuisance, which is about 0.1% of the time, they are OK to hold for five minutes.

A lot of annoying behavior in public by kids is bad parenting. I was in a restaurant the other day and this two year old brat screamed its head off for the whole meal while the useless bitch who sprawned it sat there eating her meal. I think she must of been the only person who couldn't hear that kid. It doesn't take much to take the brat outside for five minutes. Or leave it at home if it doesn't behave in public.

I don't mind kids once they get to about 4 or 5 upwards provided they're behaving themselves and not disrupting other people in public places. By that age they should be able to control themselves most of the time. At that age they can be a lot of fun and will believe almost anything you say to them, will play fun games ect.

Fortunately my step children were 6 and 11 by the time I met them, and past all of the worst nasty baby phases, relentless crying ect.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:22 PM   #111
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
They tried but I never had the interest to socialize, or even share.
I guess being a selfish bitch will work out for you then, because you'll never be in a situation where you have to share.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:44 PM   #112
Cicero

Quote:
I guess being a selfish bitch will work out for you then, because you'll never be in a situation where you have to share.
Is it really necessary to call someone who was clearly just an exceedingly introverted child a selfish bitch? Seems a bit out of line to me. And the use of past tense suggests she isn't like that anymore anyway.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 AM   #113
Mealla

Quote:
Speaking from experience since I am also an only child, it's not the fact that they don't teach you to share. As a child, I was more than willing to share if someone asked. It's really more an issue of being more introverted, having a greater sense of "needing personal space," and being more awkward as far as social expectations and the like go. Younger children and babies generally don't have any concept of personal space due to the stage of development they're in.

Half the time I feel a bit of discomfort because I don't know how to act around them. For example, I don't know what the proper reaction should be when in a public space such as a bookstore, some random person's three year old stumbles up to me and hugs my leg (which has happened before and I just froze and stared and stood there until the child's mother took him away apologetically).
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 06:35 AM   #114
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Is it really necessary to call someone who was clearly just an exceedingly introverted child a selfish bitch? Seems a bit out of line to me. And the use of past tense suggests she isn't like that anymore anyway.
It's not necessary, no.

But "out of line?"
We're not in the office or doing anything important.

Out of line is when you make a sexual comment to your co-worker, or when you get really trashed at your sister's wedding and tell everyone that she peed the bed until she was fifteen.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #115
TheBloodEternity

I know, er well knew, a girl that was really very sweet and caring and she did share. She was the opposite of spoiled and bitchy and everyone was friends with her, but she didn't like it if you touched stuff in her room.

"Lucifer was an idiot, it wound up lord and master of nothing at all."
TheBloodEternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #116
raggedyanne

I think that qualifies as "understanding and respecting one's personal space" not "selfishness"
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #117
Cicero

Quote:
It's not necessary, no.

But "out of line?"
We're not in the office or doing anything important.

Out of line is when you make a sexual comment to your co-worker, or when you get really trashed at your sister's wedding and tell everyone that she peed the bed until she was fifteen.
I meant it as in 'uncalled for' which is the way I've heard it used for any situation, important or not. Basically whenever someone is an asshole for no good reason. Even if I used it 'OMG INCORRECTLY ARGH IMUSTBEAMORON' my intention was still there and I don't think anyone would have misinterpreted what I said entirely because of it.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #118
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
I meant it as in 'uncalled for' which is the way I've heard it used for any situation, important or not. Basically whenever someone is an asshole for no good reason. Even if I used it 'OMG INCORRECTLY ARGH IMUSTBEAMORON' my intention was still there and I don't think anyone would have misinterpreted what I said entirely because of it.
I know what you meant.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:57 AM   #119
Noumi

Quote:
Lol...not necesary...
It´s not like I´m never going to share
I have some good friends and it doesn´t bother me when I have to share with them. (or with some boyfriend! =D) But I don´t have a boyfriend right now :/, haha! The point is I´ve grown up and I know I have to be open with people .

ピラール
Old 09-28-2008, 10:01 AM   #120
Noumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mealla
For example, I don't know what the proper reaction should be when in a public space such as a bookstore, some random person's three year old stumbles up to me and hugs my leg (which has happened before and I just froze and stared and stood there until the child's mother took him away apologetically).
I feel so weird when they do that. It´s kind of unconfortable :/

ピラール
Old 11-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #121
jacku

i think i hate children more than anyone

children are the biggest scum on the planet, i cant even turn on the Tele with out having some fucken parisite kid chewing, laughing or meadling in somthing.

they make me sick!

is it just me, or do others hate people that bring their fucken kids along and intoduce them to you then say shake hands, it almost makes me throw up.
i cant stand touching them.

the most irritating sound on the planet is the voice of kids, DAM THEM ALL.
jacku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:00 AM   #122
scream_qween

bay seeking bullet look up on youtube ^^
scream_qween is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM   #123
Solumina

Posts have nice little date stamps on them. You would do well to avoid replying to those over two years old.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #124
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Posts have nice little date stamps on them. You would do well to avoid replying to those over two years old.
They wanted to talk about hating kids. They found a thread about hating kids. In the thread they found about hating kids, they started to talk about hating kids.

Where is the problem with this?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #125
honeythorn

I have to agree with Ophelia here . Had Jacku made a new thread about it, someone else would have brought up this thread and told him/her to use the search engine before making a new topic.

But on the other hand I would also say that Solumina has a valid point about bringing up a thread so very old. It seems a real waste of time to spend so long digging through old threads to comment on. How bored do you have to be before you resort to that?

I know the powers that be here on G.NET probably won't notice or do this, but I would say that threads over approximately 1 year old should be deleted, or if they contain a truly interesting or worthy debate ( whatever that may be ) , be archived and locked for reading purposes only.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote