Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #151
Slap Your Love

Lol I loved the Harry and Ginny parts! In my perverted mind I was like: "Come on! `Do it!`" Rofl, and ofcourse poor Harry gets nothing but a dead headmaster, and I cried. =[
Old 12-12-2006, 09:32 AM   #152
She_Is_My_Sin

Aww I sobbed a little when Dumbledore kicked the bucket! I did quite enjoy that book. I loved the scenes about Voldemorts mother. Very sad. It also gives some backing to the first chapter of book 4, The Riddle house, which I never properly got. I managed to get it read in a whole day & was one of the first people in my town to get it

I actually get all excited when I think about the next book. I bet it's going to sum it up in the best way possible.

Damn, I just a big old Harry Potter geek.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 PM   #153
owlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Eccentric Cellist
You agree with the theory that Snape couldn't possibly evil because Dumbledore trusted him, or are you a Snape lover too? I'm a bit of both myself but yes, I would like to learn another's opinion on the matter. *listens intently*
YES I am definitely a Snape fan (absolutely obsessed) but I believe that he is truly innocent, and that he and Dumbledore had a plan all along to do...what happened. I think that if someone really believes that Snape is "evil," then they're pretty much implying that Dumbledore is an idiot for trusting him.

I went to J.K. Rowling's reading in New York City over the Summer (Stephen King and John Iriving were also there, both of whom I enjoyed much more than Rowling because she's a stuck up bitch) and she confirmed that DUMBLEDORE IS INDEED DEAD. HE IS NOT COMING BACK. EVER. Oh and I got to meet a girl from Snapecast who gave me a "wandom" and a snapecast pencil. *fangirls*

The thing I'm most anxious about, though, is to see what happens to Sirius. He is ALIVE!
owlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:33 PM   #154
She_Is_My_Sin

Didn't Sirius die? He fell through some magic veil thingy in the Ministry of Magic headquarters. I'd have to say, that was a pretty emotional part too. I'm not good with those death scenes. You should have seen me when Cedric Diggory died in the film. I couldn't even look.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #155
owlx

He fell through a veil. Exactly.
Then if you read on, Luna Lovegood slips in and tells Harry how "they'll come back, they always do." In context, it was a pretty obvious hint...
Why would she kill off Dumbledore so definitely and then leave Sirius dead behind a veil? I mean, he didn't exactly get Avada Kedavra'd by Snape and fall off of a tower.
It would be so completely ridiculous if he remained dead and unmentioned in the last book...

Since I'm a nerd:
For further research on why Snape is not evil, visit hplexicon.org and http://www.itrustsnape.com/whytrust/whytrust.php
Old 12-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #156
She_Is_My_Sin

I didn't think anyone else slipped in. Then again I did read this book only the once a long time ago.

But are you just basing this on asumptions? If he could return, don't you think he'd have reurned to Harry a.s.a.p? Or that still being a criminal ,the Ministry could have got him?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:45 PM   #157
owlx

I *do* assume that Sirius is going to come back, but that's the only thing I'm kind of biased about. I think, logically, he should come back because he didn't deserve to die and his death serves no real purpose in the story whatsoever (unless J.K. Rowling is on crack and thinks we need to further realize that Harry "has to be independent now.")

I think with a weird death-veil, there has to be some better explanation than "well, he fell behind it...so he's dead."

But deep down, I don't doubt that J.K. Rowling would do that to me. She's actually made it quite clear that she doesn't like Sirius anyway. She makes my brain melt.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #158
Pyre

No, Sirius was proven innocent after his death. It sucks. I even forgot that he was dead while reading the last book (there were many allusions to the previous books that I had forgotten about), and then I became really sad again.

I agree, though. It would be stupid if Sirius were gone forever just because he fell behind some stupid veil. Veils don't kill, they cover/hide. Maybe he's just lost in some other realm of sorts. . .

I hope.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #159
She_Is_My_Sin

Part of me think Rowling ticked off the adult allies of Harry, to show that he can do things by himself. I mean, I felt he was way to dependent on Dumbledore. Fair enough some things he couldn't have done on his lonesome, but I reckon sometimes he should have left the poor man alone.

I guess had Sirius been in it for the next one, I would have felt the same.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #160
owlx

Yeah, I mean at least Harry finally got some balls now that everyone's dead.
I'm sure he will have much teen angst in book 7.

Word is that two people are going to die in the next book (besides Voldemort, as I recall.) I want Harry to die, but I have no idea who else.
Rowling would totally redeem all of her lame moments if Harry died in the end. It would be sad but awesome.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:20 PM   #161
She_Is_My_Sin

Damn I sure hope Neville goes somehow. He pisses me off big time. Harry could use him as a shield against one of the Unforgivable Curses.

That sure would be entertaining.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #162
owlx

HAH yeah it would.
I have a feeling, though, that he's going to end up being Hogwarts' new Herbology professor. It's lame...I bet there's going to be lots of sunshine, kittens, and cupcakes at the end.
I personally hope all of the house elves die.
What was up with that S.P.E.W crap, anyway?
Old 12-17-2006, 02:37 AM   #163
She_Is_My_Sin

Oh Dobby angered me so much. I couldn't stand him in the film or books.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #164
__missmeaghan

I actually do like Harry Potter. :]
I forget if I replied to this thread already...hmph.
__missmeaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:16 PM   #165
elizabeths_deathwish

I'm pretty close to being obsessed with HP, it's pretty sad actually...

I can't wait to see the new one
elizabeths_deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:18 PM   #166
Godslayer Jillian

See or read?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM   #167
Pyre

This thread should likely be moved to the Literature forum. . .

The new book title is "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:14 PM   #168
An Eccentric Cellist

My mom thought the title was Deathly Pillows, my guess is that she wasn't wearing her glasses -or- someone thought would be funny to slip something into her coffee this morning.... or she was joking. The second isn't too terribly possible, the third is unlikely, so the first it is!
An Eccentric Cellist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #169
elizabeths_deathwish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
See or read?
Both, I want to see the new movie and read the new book.
elizabeths_deathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #170
disorder

Movie = July 13. I can't wait. I think I have a problem. I write fanfics.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 AM   #171
Isotope

I prefer books than films. But they're interesting too, even if they are really different with books. And in films there's many things missed
Isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #172
owlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
Movie = July 13. I can't wait. I think I have a problem. I write fanfics.
You do? Are you on any websites?
I'm on FanFiction...I've written a few.

I was SO excited when I heard the 7th book title. It seems very appropriate. I'm thinking it has to do with where Sirius goes behind the veil. Mugglenet gives you this link to a discussion board (about the title) that is full of idiots, so I have heard few other good ideas. I'm nervous...the basic points of book 7 will tell us all if Rowling is a stupid idiot or an amazing genius.

As for moving this to literature, I'm gonna have to agree.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:53 PM   #173
Mir

I like the series but literature.. err. *scratches head*
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 08:47 AM   #174
owlx

It's a book. It's literature.
Not good enough?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #175
BLEED REBELION!!!

Ive only seen the first through third movies my lil sister used to love harry not any more though. I read the order of the phoenix I loved it. I cant wait to get the rest of the books and see the new movies.
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote