Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 08-26-2023, 11:54 AM   #1
THEUNQUIETGRAVE

Another Fashion Pet Peeve Of Mine...

Anyone ever notice how many Fashion / Clothing Websites will make both Advertisements but also the Model Photos which may feature an article of clothing, the one they are selling but then that the alternative "piece", say maybe a shirt or other item is also NOT typically for sale but will often be a piece they used to sell a LONG time ago, and it will almost always be a more stunning piece altogether, many times even more so than the article actually being sold in the ad listing.

They do this entice you and to make the item look better than it is, while you cannot "pair" it with something.

While there are occasions when pair-worthy items are features in the photos and you have the opportunity to buy other items to complete the "LOOK" so-to-speak, notice how that is often a rare opportunity.

It is a slick form of bait that they use! And the item not being sold that the model is wearing, is almost always something FAR superior than anything even remotely similar in their current Seasonal Stocks. It pisses me off!!!
THEUNQUIETGRAVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 01:46 AM   #2
scithe

From my own experience trying to create content photos for social media as well as "real world" product photos for my website, it can be tough to offer the complete outfit.

Sometimes suppliers discontinue a product and *if* they are willing to bring that item back for a custom order, you might be looking at ordering 600 or even 2000 pieces minimum. Which is great if you're a big business or if that item is a hot seller for you.

My wife has posed for a number of product photos and occasionally when showing off a bag, necklace or skirt, she'll have a shirt on that we no longer carry but it is one we once sold and is still part of her wardrobe.

You're not wrong though and even as I type this, I wonder if maybe we shouldn't be pulling a newer shirt out of inventory for future photos.
scithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 09:54 AM   #3
aele88

The fashion industry often uses clever marketing techniques to make their items look even more appealing, and featuring stunning but unavailable pieces in advertisements is a common tactic.

I manage trymodest, and believe in transparency and authenticity. many other high fi brand names are passionate about offering customers not only stylish clothing but also a genuine representation of what they can purchase from us.
aele88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 07:35 AM   #4
edwardterr

They employ a classy type of bait, I must say. And the thing the model is wearing but isn't for sale. concrete driveway adelaide
edwardterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 10:42 PM   #5
blareblare2000

They do this entice you and to make the item look better than it is, while you cannot "pair" it with something. pressure washing Panama City FL
blareblare2000 is offline   Reply With Quote