Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
(heartofflames)

Back on Board...

And here I thought I would never come back again. Oh well, year was long enough.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I go to a private boarding school, so there's really not much to do here. I'd say running, attempting to write, baking/cooking, and studying large amounts of classics.

2. Where are you from?
I hail originally from NYC, but I trekked out to New Hampshire to study.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Tough call, also since I haven't even had time to read recently. I like Neil Gaiman, Jesse Ball, Hans Christian Anderson, Chuck Palanhiuk, and Murakami.

4. What are your favorite films?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Oldboy, Sympathy for Lady Vengeance, Lost in Translation, and more I just cannot seem to remember.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Gymnopodie No. 1, Erik Satie.

6. At your funeral?
I'm not so sure there....

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Norse funeral! Or maybe a Tibetan one (where they scrape the flesh off your body and feed it to the vultures to signify the rising of the soul).

8. What kind of casket would you want?
In correspondence with the previous question: either a boat or none at all.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
A flannel/loose sweater with black tights or pants.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Having free time, and therefore, so many more chancesl to do what matters to you.

11. What's your favorite band?
This changes on an almost weekly basis. Right now I'm digging The Jesus and Mary Chain.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
.....A prep school one? I'm leaving soon though, and wanted to pursue a major in the humanities. We'll see.

13. Why did you join?
I've been a member since middle school, but I was on pandora and Joy Division came on, prompting a flood of nostalgia. I visited the site and realized the community was no less snarky and dreadfully honest than when I'd left, and thus, charted my return.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Female.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?

Last edited by (heartofflames); 09-22-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: none
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Saya

You came back a year ago and left shortly after! Hope you stick around this time, no fair to pop in once a year to write a new intro then leave again :P

But welcome back, really, I remember you being awesome. Also, which of the humanities are you most interested in majoring in?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
(heartofflames)

Thanks Saya!
I was interested in majoring in English, but that's a hard field to work unless you're unbelievably good at what you do.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by (heartofflames) View Post
Thanks Saya!
I was interested in majoring in English, but that's a hard field to work unless you're unbelievably good at what you do.
LIES

Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Hi ya HOF, welcome back! I remember you were such a cutie pie. So as an English major, which classic American and English authors are your favorite for literature (as opposed to horror/fiction)?
I love Emily Dickinson, Emerson, Thoreau, and of course Poe, and on the other side of The Pond: Dr. Samuel Johnson and of course Oscar Wilde. I like Shakespeare too.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
(heartofflames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
Hi ya HOF, welcome back! I remember you were such a cutie pie. So as an English major, which classic American and English authors are your favorite for literature (as opposed to horror/fiction)?
I love Emily Dickinson, Emerson, Thoreau, and of course Poe, and on the other side of The Pond: Dr. Samuel Johnson and of course Oscar Wilde. I like Shakespeare too.
I'm a dumbass and need to read more classic American and English works, but I have some classics under my belt. I enjoy whatever Shakespeare I've read immensely, Jane Austen, Anton Chekov, Poe, Faulkner, and Fitzgerald.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #7
Grausamkeit

I'm honestly surprised more people don't mention Nathaniel Hawthorne or Flannery O'Conner.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:23 PM   #8
(heartofflames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I'm honestly surprised more people don't mention Nathaniel Hawthorne or Flannery O'Conner.
I miraculously wrote a paper on Nathaniel Hawthorne having read one short story he wrote. But thanks to much perusal of books ABOUT his writing, I'm very interested.