Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:45 PM   #1
Miss_Hazie_Lane

A small survey? For my personal use...

I'm thinking I might start an alternative skin care line, there are tons of alternative makeup brands, but there's very little in the way of product to address concerns specific to subculture, and I was wondering if any of you had any particular things you'd want to address, a few of the things I'd like to include would be: A full spectrum block, and aloe formula for tattoos, a gentle non-drying antiseptic for piercings, a full spectrum sun block with a high spf etc, a freckle balm (with a melanin inhibator), a depuffying eyecream (for the morning after a show), a good chemicle exfoliation treatment (so many of us smoke and it leads to asphixiated and clogged skin), and a makeup remover strong enough to get all of my *&%&^$ eyeliner off at night, as well as a few other things I've got up my sleeve, so anything you'd like to see? As well if there are things you find lacking in makeup lines, feel free to mention them, as makeup is my main area of interest.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #2
Kamrusepas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Hazie_Lane
a good chemicle exfoliation treatment (so many of us smoke and it leads to asphixiated and clogged skin), and a makeup remover strong enough to get all of my *&%&^$ eyeliner off at night,
Sounds excellent.

There's one thing I've been looking for for years and it's impossible to find here: waterproof kajal.
What the world is really like
Kamrusepas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:43 AM   #3
Mick Ignis

Sounds like a great idea. If you could include a healthy way to lighten the skin and get rid of redness, that would be great. I've been trying a few different products and everything so far has had little effect.
Mick Ignis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Minyaliel

Wonderful idea. Hmm, let me see, where was that wish list....

1. A (non- white) foundation which is lighter (colourwise) and less expensive than the lightest one I've found, which is from Elizabeth Arden, and, if possible, with inbuilt high sf and fights acne (I found one like that in Germany once, but they only had very dark colours, unfortunately; it made me look like a mime in reverse ).

2. A gentle tan remover

3. A truly blood red lipstick that's not too expensive (shouldn't be too hard to find, but I find it impossible to find just the right shade, they're always too light or slightly too dark)

5. Hair products for dyed hair Oh, and preferrably cheap ones...

I'd love you forever if you could cook up something like no. 1, though *grin*
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Wet n' wild has a lovely blood red for 99 cents, and there is a product forulated with a melanin inhibitor in several spa lines, foundation... definantly I'm still looking for one that matches me, though they do tend to get expensive to produce, especially non-comedogenic (non pore clogging) ones, but one could try, though for it actually to "fight" acne it might be drying to a non oil skin type...
Old 12-13-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
Heatherzilla

Foundation that doesn't make skin look orange. And some good eyeshadow, every eyeshadow I've ever had hasn't stayed on very well and I don't really have time to continually(sp?) touch it up.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
Miss_Hazie_Lane

Have you tried using a base under your shadow (urban decay makes a lovely primer potion for a reasonable price) and mac eyeshadow generally stays on for ages