Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Literature
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Literature Please come visit. People get upset, write poetry about it, and post it here. Sometimes we also talk about books.

Old 08-29-2004, 05:41 PM   #26
Jane13

I like that, disfunction. I drew a picture a while ago of some people muttering about some guy in black being a satanist. He turns around and says "Nuns and Preists wear black!". Pretty lame, I know... :oops:
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #27
Disfunction

Maybe you could use the same idea, but just draw him from behind, have them say the same thing, and turn around and have one of those priest collars. lol
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:45 PM   #28
Disfunction

Pencil, pen, photoshop. lol
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #29
Morpheus_Noctifer

Favorite Comics; well, I'd have to say Batman, the Gambit mini-series, Sandman, Jonah Hex, and Vengeance of Vampirella.
Morpheus_Noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 05:59 PM   #30
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
The Gambit mini series is out?

O.O

I really need to get my butt to the comic book store.

Stupid lack of money.

I'm fond of Mystique's series, myself.

Cute comic, by the way.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 07:08 PM   #31
Morpheus_Noctifer

Yeah, the Gambit series (a four-parter), at least the original mini-series, came out about 8 years ago. It was a backstory for the character, and it was really interesting and well drawn. The last issue came out right before Mardi Gras, and I remember scouring every shop in town, comic and otherwise, to find it while trying to beat the start of the parade.
Morpheus_Noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 12:39 PM   #32
Nike

oh, this thread got crowded just as comic threads should...

Mr.M. - a) glad you're still alive
b) i will find the title...I have it, that means, well, I used to have it...but somehow it disappeared of my library ... however...I'll find it
Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM   #33
WolfMoon

WOLVERINE!!!!

And a close second:Morbius The Living Vampire,Lady Death(as drawn by Steven Hughes only.RIP,Steven we miss you.)Verotika,Satanika
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 AM   #34
purple_pixie

Lenore!!!!!!! discovered it accadentally (not a big thing in england dunno if it is in america) when looking up a t shirt design by roman dirge found out he was a comic book artist and brought lenore immediately
purple_pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:22 AM   #35
Suiside_Kitty

i'm not too big on comics, but i LOVE the JTHM comics... i had to go online nd order the #5, because i couldn't find it in stores any where.
i also have quite a few of the comics based on the anne rice vampire chronicles, which i Love... just can't find the rest of them. guess i'll have to go look around online for those as well. *sigh*
Inside you.
+++++++++++

http://www.myspace.com/social_phobic
Suiside_Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 10:07 AM   #36
OnixxFilth

My favorites would have to be JTHM, Lenore, and Squee. I got into JTHM thanks to my friend Beckie. At first I was appalled by it, but then I started getting into it for some inexplicable reason!
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:01 PM   #37
Deadhymn

all time favorite? Preacher.
Curreent Favorite? Garth Ennis' PUNISHER series on Marvel's MAX imprint.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:26 AM   #38
alliecat

azumanga daioh. Damn it's funny.
alliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:46 AM   #39
Nike

Has anyone read Neil Gaiman's Luzifer?...Just started with the first 5 books....I like it pretty well. It's a shame that comics are so expensive
Old 10-23-2004, 09:55 AM   #40
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nike
It's a shame that comics are so expensive
I just go to the bookstore, pick up a graphic novel and a book, read the graphic novel, put it back on the shelf, buy the book, and read it when I get home. $3 bucks for Mary Shelley, but $16 for Card Captor Sakura? no way... but I did start buying the HEllsing series... I just LOVE the artwork and the dark humor.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 10:00 AM   #41
Nike

Once started to collect something comics are highly addicte. And because I like comic drawing style so much...uh ...I just have to buy them sooner or later, I can't help it. Most comics I first borrow from friends, well, sooner or late I have to get them myself.
Books....I use libraries, but I'm also spending a lot of money for books. Same addiction.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #42
DeathRat

It's gotta be SPAWN! :twisted:
DeathRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 07:15 AM   #43
edible_eye

SPIDER MAN
Old 11-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #44
FenrisQueen

no contest, JTHM holds a very special place in my heart. Also holds a very special place in the principals office of my high school. But I'm heavily into japanese culture, so heres a few of my manga faves... Model-has exquisite artwork and twisting storyline, Petshop of Horrors-funny in a weird way, Othello-cosplayers and split personalities-nuff said, and last but not least, Rumiko Takahashi's Inu-yasha. What can I say? i like a little animal in a man. :twisted:
FenrisQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 09:30 AM   #45
pitseleh

Although I usually buy CD's and books rather than comics, I do have a special love for the medium and would like to/ am GOING to make my own some day. I like Robert Crumb's stuff a lot, he's an amazing artist. Hate is also very funny. Sandman and those things of course.. Hellblazer, Lenore, Gloomcookie, Bone, Urusei Yatsura.. A bunch of webcomics, like Demonology 101, Nothing Nice to Say, UAC, Scary Go Round, Orneryboy, and more.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #46
Nike

pitseleh I'm curious...have you done any conceptsfor your comic already ?
Old 11-15-2004, 11:20 AM   #47
pitseleh

Well, as far as the general style and setting, I got that pretty much figured out. I've started writing the story outline and thinking about the factors of time and landscape. It will be a nomadic story, set in the late 18th century. I should probably read something on comic book technique to help get some more understanding of flow and the mechanics of putting it all together. Right now I'm doing some character scetches and trying to find effective shading techniques and such. Not sure whether I should go for charcoal or ink, or if charcoal would even work in that context.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:50 AM   #48
Monsosin

goose

:twisted: This is easy. HellSpawn, Jonny, and my own comic which I can not give the name of because I don't know who will try to steal its name. :twisted:
Monsosin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 11:59 AM   #49
Nike

sounds quite concrete and pretty interesting! I'd love to see some sketches/conceptart once...
Old 11-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #50
Lucifera

favorite comix

I just can't be restricted to writing only one favorite
I luv the italian comix Lucifera, and also i'm into
Wolverine, Lady Death, Purgatori, Cry for Dawn, Vampirella, Tura Satana and a few others I can't think of at the moment.
Faust and Spawn as well.
Lucifera is offline   Reply With Quote