Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #26
raggedyanne

Oooh, interesting. I love psycho-linguistics! But you can do research along with profiling or threat assessment. In fact, my advisor is encouraging me to get a research psychology BA, and then specialize with a PhD, because so many professionals continue to write papers while working outside of a solely research environment.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:07 PM   #27
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
I'm also doing a Criminology/Psych degree, although my plans change each time I do a new subject. I originally wanted to work with the Australian Federal Police doing some profiling of sex offenders, concentrating on child SO...
Already regretting asking this, but what's "SO?"

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #28
Solumina

SO=sex offender
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #29
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
SO=sex offender
I see. I also guess the "child SO" does not imply that the child is the one committing the offense? What the hells are the matter with people?

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 PM   #30
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
I see. I also guess the "child SO" does not imply that the child is the one committing the offense? What the hells are the matter with people?
That's what we hope to find out. It sends a shudder down my spine to think that anyone could do that to another person, much less a child.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM   #31
Jaye Jang

Welcome back.
Jaye Jang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:23 AM   #32
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye Jang View Post
Welcome back.
Thank you! It's good to be active again! I discovered the online radio thread right in time for finals. It's excellent!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #33
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I just said that to get a rise out of Versus, but I guess he didn't see it.
I see everything.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
in.the.moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne View Post
Hello again! She is three and a half and doing very well. She lives with her adoptive parents just a bus ride away from where I'm attending college, so I get to see her all the time. I realized a bit too late that my relationship with her father was less than healthy. He and I do not have contact anymore and to my knowledge he hasn't visited her in a while. It makes me sad, because I had hoped she would have both of us in her life, but from what I've heard of him lately, his absence might be for the best.

Oh my goodness. I was so young! Those pictures, wow, the things the internet holds on to. I can only facepalm at so many things from that time period. So much facepalming.
Wow what an unselfish person you are [adoption], it's good to know some people still think critically!
in.the.moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #35
Robit shiry

Here for shopping

A good book may be among the best of friends. It is the same today that it always was, and it will never change. It is the most patient and cheerful of companions. It does not turn its back upon us in times of adversity or distress. It always receives us with the same kindness; amusing and instructing us in youth, and comforting and consoling us in age.
Sometimes we don't realize the good luck we have or we could have because we expect the packaging to be different. What may appear as bad fortune may in fact be the door that is just waiting to be opened.Designer Handbags, Designer Handbag - Designer Replica Handbag
Robit shiry is offline   Reply With Quote