Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Music
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Music Finally, an entire forum devoted to talking about Doktor Avalanche, the drum machine for the Sisters of Mercy. You can talk about other bands, or other members of that band, too, if you want to be UNCOOL.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
Metabolik

Talking Dark Tranqillity

Anyone like them? I love them, awesome riffs and the melody in most of their songs is the shizzle.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
pk_neverstopbreath

i really like them
pk_neverstopbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 12:02 PM   #3
Pantherlette086

Hell yeah I do.
Pantherlette086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #4
CSSLZT13

Fuck yes. My favorite band that lacks rhythm. A real pleaser to the ear, with its ever changing melodies and easily recognizable vocals. Plus, I love how varied their sound is, never the same for too long, always constant change. Of course, their continuously changing melodies can be a bit dizzying at times, which, therefore, creates a little confusion in choosing favorites, but its ability to keep my ears on their feet (O_o) is what compels me to listen to more.

I personally liked the Mind's I and the Gallery, especially since I scored the versions with extra tracks. I don't know about you, but I like it when my fav--preferred songs are near the end. Their cover of '22 Acacia Avenue' got me to score the original disc! (Though it was disappointing how I only liked two songs on TNotB -- that one and Hallowed Be Thy Name.)
CSSLZT13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 AM   #5
Corpsey

I wouldn't call their lyrics the shizzle, but I'm very partial to enjoying most of their melodies in combination with their own Metal Style. Hells, Lost to Apathy was one of my favorite songs when I was 18, but then there is so much more to them.

Recommend many albums? You bet I do.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #6
Draconysius

I heard their 2007 release "Fiction" and liked it...
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
Daegonna Nocturnus

They had some pretty good songs in the past.... I listened to them like 5 years ago.... now, don't know, don't really like the new materials...
Daegonna Nocturnus is offline   Reply With Quote