Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:32 AM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Gnet Email

I dont know if anyone else has recieved this but just last night I recieved a newsletter from the gnet admin, which is a first for me, and I dont know if it's a first for anyone else.

Frankly I think it was a rather badly put together newsletter as it was to give notice of an event taking place tonight. It's frankly a terrible bit of planning when you consider at least 90%(an odd estimate) of gnet's members dont live nearby the location, and they gave everyone barely 24 hours to plan. If you really want people to attend somthing give them more advanced notice.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 AM   #2
Anarasha

What event may this be?
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
Solumina

Yeah I got it too, the thing is that the event, or at least some of the event panels, actually seem like I would enjoy them and it would have been something that I may have been willing to travel for if I had the ability to plan for it.

edit: the event is Vampire Con
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf

Last edited by Solumina; 08-16-2009 at 05:52 AM. Reason: to answer a question
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
Pantherlette086

I saw a bulletin on myspace about Vampire Con appearances. Is that what you are talking about?
Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
Renatus

No it's an email I guess that only some of us got, I wonder if it has to do with our post counts as both me and Solumina are in the thousands while you and Anarsha apparently didnt get it and are in the hundreds.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-16-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
Solumina

They did say something about preferential treatment at the event for people with post counts over a thousand so maybe it is just those with high post counts that got it.
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-16-2009, 11:33 AM   #7
Renatus

Well if 24 hours notice is how much those of us with preferential treatment get I'd hate to see how much of an advance notice an average poster gets. Next time I hope they give us more notice, if they do and I'm able to come I'll bring cookies, no advance notice no cookies.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #8
Solumina

So if I throw a party and give you advanced notice will you show up with cookies?
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-16-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
So if I throw a party and give you advanced notice will you show up with cookies?
Well if I'm able to come yes, airplane tickets are a major contributing factor in that issue.

It's gotten rather interesting how airplane tickets now cost less than any other form of transport. Like taking a bus, frankly how do bus companies stand a chance in competition since airplanes are faster and cheaper.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #10
Solumina

Ah yes that whole pesky travel thing *sigh* if only traveling wasn't so damn expensive and inconvenient
-Carbon Leaf
Old 08-16-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
Ah yes that whole pesky travel thing *sigh* if only traveling wasn't so damn expensive and inconvenient
Eh it could be worse, imagine going down the Oregon trail, especialy with how easy it was to die of Cholera.

Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
Underwater Ophelia

I didn't get one.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
Saya

It was weird too that the "Blood: The Last Vampire" thread was apparently a highlight.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 04:43 PM   #14
Renatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
I didn't get one.
Maybe it's in your junk mail, or maybe when you signed up you didn't select the option that says "Receive Email from Administrators" or you could of deselected that option later..

Old 08-16-2009, 05:28 PM   #15
Underwater Ophelia

Nope.
Gnet doesn't like me, ahaha.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:48 PM   #16
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I didn't get one either.
If anyone would care to forward it to me I would appreciate it.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #17
Renatus

I'll forward it to you HP but Ophelia I dont have your email so I couldn't if I tried.

edit: HP email forwarded.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Eh, I'm not interested.