Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 11-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #1
MotherofMercies

Argh, I hate that.

Ok. I’m done with school, graduated and signed out. Now all is left to do is sit around and wait for my results. I promised myself that I’ll get my learners driver license once I graduated, no need to worry about that anymore as I have passed the demo tests well. Now all I have to worry about is a job. Ok I live in a rural Australia (hard to get decent work here), and my Dad works and my mum stays at home. I was not eligible for what us Aussies calls youth allowance, I soon got over it. Yet, my Dad’s wage does struggle to provide for my materialistic needs. During school I had always thought I’d be eligible for money once I leave. This isn’t so, for that to work I’d have to leave home and live just above the poverty line.

Now that I think of it. Doesn’t it seem unfair how I do what is right, get an education and struggle to look for work? And how my Aboriginal friends can receive money off the Government only because of the colour of their skin and the bad past between the white settlers and them? Doesn’t it seem unfair that drunks and druggies can receive benefits to feed their addiction? My father has to pay for their addictions, yet I can’t receive anything by doing the right thing. And if you Americans are sitting here going “Oh my lord, is this all true?” Yes we have a thing called the “dole” well that its nickname, you guys can only receive it for three months if I recall correctly.

Good disrimination is not what its all cracked up to be.
MotherofMercies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
PersephoneX

i left highschool and found a job doing completely mindless work that didnt require my driver's, immediately after graduation in 2004.
I started college on the 3rd of January 2005 and completed a 3 year course in 9 months. I started doing job interviews while i was writing my final exams. Got a job doing more mindless work, but at least it was the nightshift. worked til christmas day and quit. Went to one last interview before new year's and started on the 3rd of january this year...i now have the problem of all the working, i've missed out on getting my driver's license and the waiting list to sit the test is backed up til next august...i also let alot of my personal relationships go in favour of work. i have this fear of my burdens becoming my parent's...
i pay tax, earn minimum wage and pay my enormous student loan off...
i live below the poverty line. but if i need cash, i take on an extra job...people that earn more than i do and complain piss me off!

best advice i can give you, is get out there and apply for anything you think you're capable of. Attitude is more important than aptitude...
just dont let your working affect your life negatively.
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
insertwittyname

Advice. Retail sucks, I have learned from my family members. Find a job with a big computer company, they pay well and give health insurence and they will give you schooling on how to do stuff. My mom works for EMC and her boy friend did too, but quit because you have to suck up a lot. He now is in his last semester for his bachelor's degree where he will go into computer graphics. Oh ya, my mom makes 100,000 a year for being a SAM, she tells the customer computer companies what is going on, she's a ambassador for the company. A SAM is paid only a few hundred more than her old job where she fixed the customer's computer, now she's the person that says what the fixer is doing. Only drawbacks: Girls must be tough and not afraid to go forward, slightly sexist place. And a lot of jackasses. A few people are alcoholics from stress and overwork. Some of the positions require commuting to the site, but a lot of it is work from home at the laptop and cell which the job pays for and provides. The hours are somewhat flexible, you can form rings of friends who you can trade hours with a lot of the time.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #4
insertwittyname

Forgot to add--Uncle Thadiusmaximas works for IBM and my mother worked there to before being laid off. Still ok place. Basically-go for the big companies, not little businesses.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
PersephoneX

i'm at a small IT firm...and it sucks ass. Sexism. Lazy co-workers. kak hours. kak pay. ZERO perks.
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
insertwittyname

Perks of the SAM, Hey guys! Wanna go to the strip bar? *true story, they wanted to go to a strip bar and didn't tell mother that was where the business group was gonna discuss stuff* Sexism is alive and well, but you better be witty and outgoing to make yourself known and taken seriously. And avoid things like that, while making the other look stupid.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
PersephoneX

i'm stubborn, and i take shit from no man.
i am capable of doing anything they are and i make sure its know. You have to be tough as nails in the industry and being cute will get you no-where...

since i started working here, i've learned to pick up my own body weight and communicate in Male (occassional grunts and syllables that make up their language)...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #8
insertwittyname

I see. You'd do great. Though great looks get you far. Ex: Sentara Barbie(if that is how you spell Sentara, computer company) She is a good looking blonde with big boobs. Who is a bitch. And stupid. She uses her boobs to the advantage which is why she is high up. Mom's coeworker photoshopped her and put her in a Barbie car as a joke and sent it to Mother Dearest.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #9
PersephoneX

ha!
i know as much as they do...and i'm sarcastic and witty enough to back it up when i need to...i'm surviving but it was hard to adjust after the guys at college were all so great...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #10
insertwittyname

Well anyways, that was my input. And I've never had a job, being only 15. ^.^ I just pay attention to my mother.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #11
PersephoneX

ha ha ha...it'll creep up on you and you'll be working before you know it...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #12
insertwittyname

Planning for a job this summer, I need money to save for apartment and college tuition once I'm 18, and better Christmas gifts for family and boyfriend.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:59 PM   #13
MotherofMercies

Yes, one can say I am slightly jealous. But I have recovered. In some ways I am looking forward to work, for the reason I have never had an income. At the same time, I want to stay in bed until 1 pm and sit around on the computer all day posting on boards mindless shit and my passion... writing. No, I don't like the idea of working in retail, never have that's why I'm one of those teens that never worked in retail whilst still in school, never liked the idea at working at Maccas either. But I have decided to see if I can get a job at the local Abattoirs here.

Dead animal anyone?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:15 PM   #14
insertwittyname

What is Avattoirs? O.o Butchery? Meat is good...
Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #15
MotherofMercies

Yup, the slaughter house.

But I'll most likely be packing the meat.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:50 PM   #16
PersephoneX

he he....its a job, that's all that matters. It means you're proving your independency and people will start taking you seriously...
I cut myself to sleep
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

Old 11-21-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
insertwittyname

O.o Butchery. That actually wouldn't be a bad job, and I bet I could get a discount on thinly sliced beef for sukiyaki. Yay!!! I will look to this as my hope, for the air conditioning in 110 degree weather.