Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
sacredsecrets

Iluminatti's Very Own Personal Thread

Quote:
Xnguela's Note: Sorry, sacred, I'm not fucking with your post, I'm just noting that this thread is now devoted to anyone who wants to yell at the moron that is illumifuck. Obviously, this person is such a fucking snowflake that he/she gets his/her own personal thread about this stuff!!! Have fun, guys.
If you really are a goth, you shouldn't know it.
No one should be labelled.
1 person in 3 million is an individual.. is that telling you something?
It's tell me that everyone copies each other!

I bought a pair of TUK shoes. Now suddenly all my friends have them. Can they not be original?
I may aswell just where no shoes.
I may aswell just curl up into a ball and stay locked up in a room.
Sooner or later everyone will start doing that aswell.

You can't labell yourself, and if you do your fake!
Just like that bullshit Good Charlotte band.. as if they are a true punk band when they call themselves punks.
It might just be me with this opinion but how does everyone else feel on this topic?

Farewell
Old 03-15-2005, 03:39 AM   #2
SuicideJade

The redundancy is strong within this one, Noobi Wan Kenobi!! :shock:
Old 03-15-2005, 03:47 AM   #3
pitseleh

Re: Labelling yourself a 'punk' or 'goth'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredsecrets
If you really are a goth you shouldn't know it no one should be labelled 1 person in 3 million is an individual is that telling you something it's tell me that everyone copies each other you can't labell yourself and if you do your fake just like that bullshit Good Charlotte band as if they are a true punk band when they call themselves punks.
So, what you are really crusading against here is self-awareness? Makes sense.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:21 AM   #4
illuminatti

okay....now pay attention: PUNK AND GOTH HAVE NO FUCKIN' THING IN COMMON! trust me, i know what i'm talking about. okay, fine, i admit that the dress style is very simmilar...but that is all. Goths, as far as i know, don't run arround yelling "Nazis fuck off". As far as i know, Goths don't give a damn about nazis, or atleast don't make it their life long destiny to fight against them. Punks are all about protesting and I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world.
Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist"). If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!
I have gotten to known one punk too many since I moved to vienna and I really know what I am talking about.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 AM   #5
illuminatti

...and also "labeling" yourself as anything puts under question the fact if u really are what u label yourself as. I think that people who go advertizing themselves as anything are that way only on the outside. If you are a punk or goth, it is no problem to say that u are one, but really, u have to actually be that way inside as well. Dress style and the names "goth" or "punk" exist, I think, so that people with similar interests can come together. But actually, I think one can be a goth or punk without really realizing it or "labeling" themselves with a sertain style. U don't first call your self a goth and then become one. U already ARE a certain type of person and only then do u find out that a sertain style fits to u.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #6
edible_eye

i find it funny that people spend so much time worrying about what their label is in life. do you pout and throw a temper tantrum if someone refers to you in a different light than you care to be seen? waah, waah, waaah.

obviously, sacredsecret - whatever you do is destined to be copied by others. you're the only original out there. you ARE that 1 in 3,000,000. you are neo, from the matrix. you are the all-encompassing force. you are the lord of all that is unique and worthy. you are the human embodiment of the all-powerful ring. the fact you bought TUK shoes clued me in on that, right off the bat. TUK shoes (whatever the fuck they are) have only one pair of shoes in creation - and you have them. YOU own them. that right there should tell the world how fuckin' original and unique you are. please let us all know what you intend to do next so that we may all follow. the scary thing is - if you locked yourself in a room, i fear the homes of the world would all be torn down so that new structures, single rooms only, would be built so that all may lock themselves inside. you're just that powerful.

douche.

and illuminatti - goths and nazis? is that someting specifically associated with austria? whatever your perceptions of punks and goths and nazis - relax with your pounding desire to teach the world, or at least think a little more before writing it down. the analysis you provide is rambling at best.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #7
pitseleh

I have a feeling that sacredsecret is gonna be one of those n00bs that fade away into oblivion with only one post to their name.

Illuminatti; If it is infact so that all the goths you know are wholly indifferent to the goings-on in the world, I would like to know how old these friends of yours are. My bet would be somewhere in the area of 14. Is that close? Such a wonderful age for pouting and feigned ennui. How are you supposed to evolve and learn anything if you can't take an interest in the world around you? Being that insular and/or dense is definitely not a trait I associate with goths. Also, I would say that most intelligent people, regardless of subcultural affiliation, think nazis suck. If punks like beating up skinheads, then all the more power to them.

This whole subject of labelling is kinda trite, I think. The issue is personality, really. However you are labelled or choose to label others, it's hard to really nail down all of a person's traits with one single spike. I know lots of different people, and if I was forced to pigeonhole them all into neat little categories, I'd have to peel away a lot of "culturally irrelevant" layers in order to make them fit. It's not desireable to reduce people in that manner. All those little nuances and quirks that make up a person is what makes them interesting. Doesn't matter whether they conform to the stereotype of a 'punk' or 'goth'. If you squint real hard, the cumulation of certain personality traits, aesthetic preferences and knowledge can make up a blurred image of cultural identity, but really it's the human being underneath that surface that's important.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatti
okay....now pay attention: PUNK AND GOTH HAVE NO FUCKIN' THING IN COMMON! trust me, i know what i'm talking about. okay, fine, i admit that the dress style is very simmilar...but that is all. Goths, as far as i know, don't run arround yelling "Nazis fuck off". As far as i know, Goths don't give a damn about nazis, or atleast don't make it their life long destiny to fight against them. Punks are all about protesting and I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world.
Then you haven't met *any* of us. I am deeply insulted by this, and I really hope you never return here if you're looking to meet goths who don't care about the world around them. Honestly. Fuck off. [/quote]
Quote:
Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist").
Way to stereotype, and then say you get pissed off if people make the same stereotype you do. Wannabe- you're just trying to cover all of the bases.
Quote:
If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!
Again, *WAY TO FUCKING STEREOTYPE*. People are *PEOPLE*, it's people like YOU that make the divisions in your own idiotic mind. Get a life.
Quote:
I have gotten to known one punk too many since I moved to vienna and I really know what I am talking about.
Yeah, you *REALLY* know what you're talking about. ...*Eyeroll*...*spits on your shoes*...

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-15-2005, 10:52 AM   #9
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
The redundancy is strong within this one, Noobi Wan Kenobi!! :shock:
http://tinypic.com/289ul1
Old 03-15-2005, 10:56 AM   #10
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Why does the little guy keep drinking the water? He knows he's going to laugh! Just don't drink it, little guy!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Nike

mpf that must be #500 of this labeling yourself a whatever threads.

what can I say. I don't give a shit if someone thinks I'm goth or punk or whatever, and I have more important things to do than trying to fit into a certain scheme.
Honestly, is a label so important? Is it really important if your friends are wearing the same shoes as you do?

And to illuminatti s post ...don't make yourself ridiculous, all I can say is "NAZIS FUCK OFF!" And people who don't care about facism are nothing more but dumb.

e_e: no, there is no special connection with goths and nazis in austria. However, I have realized that some Neofolk and industrial bands (and of course there'd also be some Metal stuff to mention), that are pretending not to be facist, but singing about the "esthetics of the 3rd Reich" (I've read that in an Ordo Equilibrio interview once) are quite popular worldwide - I've heard "Rose Clouds of Holocaust" by Death in June on so many online radio stations and seen them on so many playlists of clubs that it seems to me there is a certain tolerance for such dubious stuff, that it is striking me strangely.

I know, this is not topic of this thread (hah, I'm a pirate), but as we have seen the labeling yourself blah blah quite often now, I'd be interested what others are thinking about that music genres, that are part of many "gothic" festivals nowadayds. for me, that certain kind of *tolerance* has been a reason todistance myself from all festivals and clubs playing that music.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:58 AM   #12
edible_eye

thanx for the clarification, nike.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:09 PM   #13
drgnlvr

Quote:
Goths are all about death and mystics, (satanism too, if u like, but i get really pissed when "goth" is immediatly assiciated with "satanist" or "masohist"). If a punk has interests like that, than that is no punk!
*drgn gets out her trusty clue-by-four.*

I'm feeling nice today, so I'll give you a chance to re-read what you wrote, and tell the class just what is wrong with this statement.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:14 PM   #14
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeapotScar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Why does the little guy keep drinking the water? He knows he's going to laugh! Just don't drink it, little guy!
I can't help it! I'm http://tinypic.com/28a3hu!!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:41 PM   #15
Jane13

Sacredsecrets, I hope you're happy. Now I have a headache from reading your posts, so I can't come up with witty things to type like everyone else. *pouts* Also, I had a conersation with my friend about origionality. They said something like,
"The only way to be origional is to not wear any clothes, damnit!"
I said, "What about nudists?"
"Shit."
You can only be unique, never origional. Calm down.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 03-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #16
FenrisQueen

Quote:

No you really don't. Goth is a derivative of Punk, you oblivious tit. And I've dated a skinhead or two, as well as a couple of punks, and they had no problems with each other. In fact, the punk club I used to frequent had a healthy amount of skinheads and punks. And it's masochist
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 03-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #17
Solumina

Quote:
I don't know a single real goth that wasn't absolutely indifferent to the whole fuckin' world
Most of the goths I know are greatly saddened by the suffering of the world and are in fact very devoted to the causes that they champion. I have yet to meet a true goth that is totally apathetic, the ones that I do know are quite the opposite.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #18
winged_dreams

Anyone with some sort of knowledge about the suffering that's going on in the world should care. I am deeply troubled by everything that's happening to this poor planet and it's people.

And no one bothers to label on this site to a huge amount. I agree with pitseleh that you can't use a label and completely include a person's personality. Don't let it bother you so much if people decide to label themselves. It's their decision. People are people. Simple and plain as that. Being unique is fun!

The only thing that I'll call myself is a geek and I don't see people flocking to call themselves geeks or nerds. I'm so special. ^_^

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 03-15-2005, 06:19 PM   #19
Solumina

No you're not, I'm a geek too

So there :P
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 PM   #20
akhira

All I have to say is this.
Sacredsecrets and illuminati are living proof that no culture is immune to inbreeding.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #21
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhira
All I have to say is this.
Sacredsecrets and illuminati are living proof that no culture is immune to inbreeding.
Say it isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

:lol:
Old 03-18-2005, 05:10 PM   #22
FenrisQueen

Can I be life?
Truth, justice, honor...none of that's worth shit. What matters is people, and people aren't honest or just or honorable. They're petty and they're angry and they're afraid, and all anyone really wants, deep down, is to be wanted. And what's truth to that?
Old 03-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #23
DreamCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
damn it... i take 2 days off, and THIS is what happens?

I suck at life.
I know it , my computer decided to go all freakish insanity on me for a week I come back and you're a moderator (which was a pleasant surprise) and there are all these new threads I haven't read. But all the exciting shit always happens when I'm gone. Sorry that was way off topic.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #24
Electrocutioner

Arrogant and ignorant people are the bane of society aren't they?! The only valid points that Sacredsecrets and illuminatti made by posting on this forum were to emphasize this fact once again.

I thought initially about mentioning to put into practice some kind of age-verification system, or a simple anit-stupid-person test on entry to this forum, but alas, there will always be some moron that gets through and posts something highly-phlammable.

Anyhow, my views on the subject; How in Hell did Nazis get into this discussion!? Where did that come from?! Get a life and get a dictionary! Some punks may hate Nazis, but i'm deadly certain they ain't the only ones!! I tend to see the term 'Goth' or 'Punk' to describe something someone likes to do, thus making a person more Goth or more Punk than other people, and the definition of those words will be according to my experiences of being around other Goths and Punks, and NOT from a description that was written in the contract when I decided to become one of them. (For SacredSecrets and illuminatti, yes, that was a joke. Don't go looking for the damn 'Contract' page... (On the other hand, that could keep them occupied for quite some time... :twisted)

I have said it before and I will say it again; Being a Goth is what you make it. You will always have someone disagreeing with you regardless of everything.

I suggest you sit back, relax, and ignore people you don't like, don't respond to people annoying you, and generally don't get stressed. It is a proven fact that people who have stressed lives will live for a shorter time than those who have relaxed lives. I plan to live forever, so i'm treating this as another piece of gum stuck to my shoe, and i'm just going to clean it off and keep walking. There is a great number of people that could learn from the mistakes of these two, unfortunately, there is no-one to teach such lessons.

Life is a learning curve; The angle of which is proportional to the speed at which you encroach it. Slow down!

--
The Electrocutioner
Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #25
WolfMoon

0o0o0o0o0o0o

I guess I must not be a 'real' goth cuz I totally clutch that label to my lil black-purple-lippie-smeared-heart.

If you're soooooo worried about being labeled, that's your problem.Get a life, grow up and get lost!

And grow a brain while your at it, I think yours expired last year.
Closed Thread