Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 05-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #1
OnixxFilth

Weird Dream Report!

I'm always interested in hearing about other people's dreams, especially the really weird ones. So share away! Here goes with mine. The other night I dreamed I was playing this weird, three foot long wooden flute shaped like a banana. You didn't play it by blowing into it and covering the holes with your fingers, you blew into it and stroked over the holes with this weird wooden dowel thing! :lol:
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
CountessD

Prophetic Dream?

Well to me my dream was weird because it was prophetic! I haven't had a dream like that and it came true only 15 minutes after waking up!!

I was a memberof a very close Clan from the ( RavenBlack's Vampires: The Dark Alleyway ) online game. We had a Role Play going on the Clan Forum. Several people didn't like my latest post but only one of them said anything to me about it. Someone who I don't know very well contacted me through Yahoo Messenger and told me to delete it and kept telling me how she didn't like the things that I had been posting. I am new at Role Playing and when I started I didn't know any better than to make my character very much like me! Anyway she said some pretty hurtful things to me. So when she left finally, i went to my best friend (a guy) and told him all that had happened. He was very supportive and helped me through what I was feeling. He is an ambassador from his own Clan (he is the leader of his own Clan). He had acsess to the Forum, so posted a message for all to read. He didn't like that someone hurt me like that. So when I went to bed I was already upset about all that had already happened that night.

When I was asleep crying in because I just KNEW something bad was going to happen because of what my friend posted. I didn't know what exactly would happen, but I felt it would be something that would break my heart! I don't remember the dream specificly execpt for the feelings I was having when asleep and right after! I felt as if my world was falling apart and I was loosing my friends. I woke up because of the strong emotions and crying.

I had only been asleep for 3 hours when I woke up from the dream. I had gone straight to bed after reading what my friend posted, and he had to leave.

I went to my computer to see if anyone had posted in the Forum after my friend had.

There were several angry posts already there. I had the gut feeling even stronger now that I was awake and reading the posts, that things were going to get much worse than just angry posts! As soon as I finished reading the posts I recived an e-mail from the leader of my Clan telling me to leave the Clan! I was shocked! I am NOT a trouble maker! Just the opposite. I knew things would get bad but I never expected that! I lost a lot of friends that night! Only 2 of them I feel comfortable enough talking with and are sticking by me no matter what.

This all has happened just recently. Last Sunday! So it is all still raw inside!

This was a weird dream to me and one I wish I never had, because of how it came true within only a few minutes of me waking up!

Countess :cry:
CountessD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 AM   #3
illuminatti

Hey, I have always wanted to ask someone who is interested in dreams: have you ever been able to controle what you dream? I mean, if you, as you lay down to sleep, say to yourself something like: "I wanna see the day of my death" or "What questions are going to be on that fuckin' bio-test tomorrow?" or "I wanna know how many people died in a fire in the last 5 hours?", do you see the "answer" to your question?

Anyway, I haven't slept for 4 days now because I am afraid of what I will see in my dreams.
All this shit, I mean the "answering of questions" thing, started a year or so ago. At first i liked it, becuase what i saw in my dreams was always true (as long as I could check it, anyway).
That was a while ago. I asked some bullshit question or other every night and got the answer, but a few months ago it stoped working. What started happening instead is the most ridiculous stuff. You can't call what i dream nightmares, because I am not scared while I dream it. Well, one would say, "then what's the problem? You dream some freaky stuff at night and enjoy it. That sounds fun." Well, its not fun seeing parallels and hints and having this deja-vu (sp?) feeling all the time in the real world, conecting my associations with the stuff from my dreams. Not all the horror movies put together can add up to my every night experience.
And what else is anoying, is that i seem to spend energy instead of gain it at night, so I wake up feeling as if I had run 66666666666666666666666666 km and not lain peacefully in my bed (it's shaped like a coffin, by the way) the whole night.
In otherwords, I look like a walking corpse (not trying to brag! i don't mean it in the good way) now and my friends hardly recognise me. Just having a jolly good life over here.

I am interested in what other people dream. This is a really cool topic.
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:37 AM   #4
OnixxFilth

Ah, you refer to the concept of lucid dreaming, which is essentially being able to control what you're dreaming while it's happening. I've never tried it myself. My doctor says that part of the reason I have such weird dreams is due to my medication. Anyway, last night I dreamed I was back in high school and was in the bio lab doing a dissection by myself. For some reason, there were two decapitated rats (I hadn't done it), one white and one black, lying on the table I was working at. Suddenly, the white head like grew two little legs and started walking around by itself! I picked it up and threw it in the trashcan, and then the black one did the same! :shock: I took what I'd taken out of whatever animal I'd been dissecting, wrapped it in paper toweling, and looked for my instructor. That was the end of my dream.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:55 PM   #5
Corpus_Draconis

I haven't tried lucid dreaming. I'm not really sure how, but I would love to do it. (any tips? )

A month or so ago I had a dream that I shot myself in the head but then I didn't die. I woke up, and thought it was real for a couple minutes, until I felt the back of my head and there was exit wound or anything... It really weirded me out for a week or so. And on top of that, a couple days after I had the dream my writer's craft teacher, just for a fun exercise, had us all write our own eulogies... I didn't hand one in.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
Soul_Immortal

Lucid dreaming...where do I begin?

To keep this from sounding like a reference to Reiki, I will keep it short.(pun here)

I've been a lucid dreamer since the age of 6. I'd be able to control the outcome and process in most of my dreams. I say most because at that age, anxiety and fear gripped me easily...and I guess it would anyone. As I grew up it became alot easier, and 9 times out of ten I would have a dream, a lucid dream of any nature, simply by willing it. I had a series of dreams, they were like scenes from a movie and I was the star. Watching one moment, in character the next.

But always having dreams...some good, bad and downright naughty :P ,...but in the longrun, its a gift and a curse. I used to confuse things that would happen in dreams and mistake them for reality, that is how similiar the events were. As an adult, now I can tell what is real and what is not.

But I've never regretted taking the red pill....

OK PEOPLE. I WAS SERIOUS UP UNTIL THAT BIT ABOVE ABOUT MY MATRIX-NESS...I'm gonna get hell for that one...

*Soul*
Old 05-25-2005, 12:18 AM   #7
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by illuminatti
Hey, I have always wanted to ask someone who is interested in dreams: have you ever been able to controle what you dream? I mean, if you, as you lay down to sleep, say to yourself something like: "I wanna see the day of my death" or "What questions are going to be on that fuckin' bio-test tomorrow?" or "I wanna know how many people died in a fire in the last 5 hours?", do you see the "answer" to your question?

Anyway, I haven't slept for 4 days now because I am afraid of what I will see in my dreams.
All this shit, I mean the "answering of questions" thing, started a year or so ago. At first i liked it, becuase what i saw in my dreams was always true (as long as I could check it, anyway).
That was a while ago. I asked some bullshit question or other every night and got the answer, but a few months ago it stoped working. What started happening instead is the most ridiculous stuff. You can't call what i dream nightmares, because I am not scared while I dream it. Well, one would say, "then what's the problem? You dream some freaky stuff at night and enjoy it. That sounds fun." Well, its not fun seeing parallels and hints and having this deja-vu (sp?) feeling all the time in the real world, conecting my associations with the stuff from my dreams. Not all the horror movies put together can add up to my every night experience.
And what else is anoying, is that i seem to spend energy instead of gain it at night, so I wake up feeling as if I had run 66666666666666666666666666 km and not lain peacefully in my bed (it's shaped like a coffin, by the way) the whole night.
In otherwords, I look like a walking corpse (not trying to brag! i don't mean it in the good way) now and my friends hardly recognise me. Just having a jolly good life over here.

I am interested in what other people dream. This is a really cool topic.
I'm sorry, is nobody going to mention how silly this sounds?
1) You ran 666- km? Give it a rest with the 666 thing, kid... yeesh.
2) Thanks for re-asserting yourself as "goth" by having a coffin-bed. It makes me feel more secure about your gothity-goth-mcgothness.
3) I did think you were trying to brag about looking like a walking corpse, which should tell you something about how this whole un-goth insecurity just shines right though you. Like a freaking beacon of light. Good luck with that...

But in all honesty, I'm sorry to come back and flame like this. I'm sure you're teh schtuper cook gothness, illuminati, although I'm pretty sure I remember you as being a troll. Either way, whatever.

On the subject of dreams, I find myself not having any for weeks, and then having like, two. Mostly about friends or boys.
On the subject of *lucid* dreams, I was able to control my dream ONCE when I was younger, I remember, but I woke up shortly after I started to control it. It's really difficult- a delicate balance. I had to think about it every night before I went to sleep, just to get those few moments of control. In the end, I don't think it's worth it. The possibility that I could learn something from the symbolism of my dreams is more valuable than being able to control my dreams, you know? I can control my day-dreams. I like to leave night-dreams to the unknown.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:55 AM   #8
drgnlvr

I have bizarre dreams all the time. It's when I have "normal" seeming dreams that I'm disturbed, because those generally don't have the same flavor of my usual dream-life. Don't know how to explain the differences, but there is something I can sense that tells me that this is not just mind-clutter and entertainment. These particular dreams seem more "real" somehow.

I've been told for years by people very close to me, that I have a "gift". I always chalked these things up as coincidence. Prophetic dreaming, psychic "communication", etc, was stuff "other people" were able to do. I was never anything special.

I've always been aware of my intuitiveness about other people's feelings. The closer I am to them, emotionally, the more in-tune I am to how they feel. But I never thought of that as anything special, either.

It wasn't until a few years ago, that I started opening up to the possibility that maybe I'm not so "normal" and mundane. I have one person, in particular to thank for that. And I've never met him face-to-face.

Now, bear with me a moment, whilst I give a bit of background.

About seven years ago, I discovered a lovely website called Elfwood. I was working graveyard shift, and the nights were slow, so we were allowed to surf the net (As long as it was "work safe"). It used to be a great place for sci-fi/fantasy art and stories. I even joined up, myself.

Anyhow, I discovered that there was a chatroom associated with it, and thought it might be kinda neat. I was new to the internet, actually, and seriously new to chat-rooms. But then #Loth was no ordinary chatroom.

I had just bought my first comuter, and connected to the net. I would hang out in #loth when I was home, and made some friends. I also learned ALOT.

One person in particular, was a student at University in Moscow. From him, I learned the most. He's a natural-born teacher, and he was educating me on a variety of things without me actually realizing it.

He and I became very close friends. I knew some things about him no one else did, and vice-versa. He's the one who opened my eyes to alot of things. He was the one who held my cyber-hand when I was at the worst moments of my life. He was also there for me, and as horrified as I was on 9/11. He helped me track down and eliminate more than a couple virii, and always gave wonderful feedback on my writing. He's always been honest with me, when he thought I was doing something stupid, we've been pissed at each other, but always remained friends.

I mention this only to illustrate just how deep the relationship went (insofar as it can, under the circumstances). I can honestly say I love him, and if it weren't for a variety of circumstances, a 20 year age difference being one of them, I would probably be in Russia right now.

I'd known him for about 3 years by the time I had this particular dream: I was with him in his apartment building, and we needed to get out. I was afraid, and there was a sense of urgency as we descended the stairs. When we got to the main door, to our dismay, it was chained and locked tights. We couldn't get out. I felt panic rising in me. Not for myself, but for him.

I woke up in a cold sweat. Literally. As was usual for me whenever I awake in the middle of the night, I checked the clock...sometimes, it's not worth attempting to go back to sleep. It was approximately 3am, and it was now Halloween.

Mind you, there was nothing in the dream to explain the abject fear I felt. I have no idea why it was so important to get out of the building, nor do I know why I was so afraid for him, but not for myself.

A few days later, I was on-line, talking to him, and he told me about something odd that had happened on Halloween. He was on lunch-break, and out with a few friends, when he had an unexplainable panic attack. He has rarely experienced this, and usually when he does, there's is outside stumuli that will bring it on. There was none this time.

I hadn't mentioned the dream to him. In fact, it had been all but forgotten, until he told me about the panic attack.

See, there is a 9 hour difference between Moscow, and Oklahoma. 3am = noon.

He had the panic attack at the same time I had the dream.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:16 AM   #9
drgnlvr

Something I almost forgot to mention:

Dream analasys has always facinated me, but the Freudian and Jungian methods of deciphering them left me a little flat. Mainly because none of the symbols in my dreams ever really correlated with the "meanings" they postulated for them.

Well, I came across a wonderful book, by Gayle Delaney, called All About Dreams. What I like about her approach, is that she talks about how dream symbolism is a very personal, and individual thing, and you have to figure out what it means to -you-. (ex: Summer storms excite me, but they terrify someone I know...so a dream involving a summer storm is obviously going to mean different things to each of us)

She gives you the tools to do it, too.

Does anyone here remember diagraming sentences? Well, she shows you how to take that method, and diagram the dream. You ask yourself (Or your dream partner), a series of questions after you've diagrammed the dream, and it helps you bridge it to your waking life.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
OnixxFilth

I had this dream last night that I was in the backyard of my house and was going to go around front, when I saw my stepdad standing in the side yard with a gun. There was somebody else there, who I'm not sure whether they were trying to harm me and my family or not, but Russ threatened to shoot both me and my dog if we didn't get back in the house. I went inside and told Mom what he'd said, and she told me,"That's it, you need to write to Lori and tell her about this", which is weird, because Lori's one of our friends who only lives a block away!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #11
winged_dreams

My dreams always seem to involve weird versions of reality. It makes for an interesting sleep.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #12
Solumina

Yeah same here, my dreams tend to be animated or in really weird colors
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #13
Corpus_Draconis

I tend to think my dreams are real until I either think about them or are about to tell someone about them, so I'll say something like "I missed the bus this morning" to a friend who was on the bus with me, and then I'll realize that's not right, and I get kinda weirded out.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:18 PM   #14
ice

My dreams always feel really real..
:edit (my dreams seem too fake to be seen as real.. but they feel real to me. I'll stop there.) oh and (I'm not going to delve into my scary ass sleep apnea dream. That shit was messed up, yo):

I had a weird dream last night, I'm going to cut all the boring personal schtuff out and cut to the interesting stuff:
We (Me and a bunch [about 30ish] of dream-people [who feel like people I've known forever in the dream]) were playing/fighting in an (imaginary) ancient Babylonian game. There are a bunch of trees in a ring in the middle of the desert. One person goes between each tree (they are about 5 meters apart) and holds a thick brick-like bit of wood. There are about 15 trees. The other team (well, it's dog eat dog for the people in the trees. So really this is the only team) gets on horses. They have crazy looking daggers and ride around the trees (in a circle) and try to stab people... and the people in the trees have to fight off the horse people for their lives... with the chunk of wood.

<.<
>.>
<.<

Errrr... Yeah.
It made more sense in my dream :P

Oh, and I was one of the people in the trees.. I nailed one guy in the chest and left a fatty mark on him... the other people I just blocked with the wood... and this one guy cut me... and err... I forget the rest. (yehhh)

:edit a-freaking-gain. I forgot to mention that everyone is naked except for little loin cloths. I'm not going into further detail 'cause it'd take like 8 pages to describe everything.:

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #15
AlKilyu

Ever have 'Night Terrors'? I used to get em if I slept it, so technically they are 'Day Terrors' for me.

Except once, I was paralyzed and couldn't move and I don't know if it was the wind or what but something was opening the door...very slowly...and the hallway had no lights on so it was dark...and I could not move. Well my mouth opened but no noise would come out.

Scientists think that the body has a button that paralyzes the body when you sleep so that you don't move around IRL. Problem with 'Terrors' is you awake from the dream, but the 'button' hasn't been shut off just yet.

So you lay there, unable to move.

Sucks.

And yes I can fully control my dreams. If I do something bad, I say to myself I can erase that from ever happening and I can. Also I can shoot fire at bad guys.
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #16
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
I don't remember my dreams a lot, which is a good thing.

Every dream journal I've started, and there have been several, become abandoned when I realize that they increase the likelyhood of my having an incubus attack (A more colorful name for night terrors).

Once or twice I've had attacks so bad that I couldn't do anything after being temporarily paralysed except pull the covers over my head and pray for dawn, and kick myself for being stupid. Then I blame the dream journal and abandon it.

And the only other kind of dream I really remembere are the ones that give me a sense of deja vu. The mental lines are something like, "*GASP!* I dreamt I was carrying this exact bag of groceries, in this exact outfit, with the wind blowing exactly like this a month ago before I'd even bough this skirt!" Which isn't terribly useful, as far as clairvoyance goes.

Occasionally I'llr emeber a regular dream, and it'll be something stupid like dreaming I'm at amusement park run by frogs or something. But those are in the minority.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:59 AM   #17
CountessD

I think that I am on my Computer WAY too much! lol

I also am on YIM for hours at a time usually with the same person.

So lots of times if I go to bed right after stopping talking on the messenger I end up continuing that conversation in my dreams!! lol

It happens more with my boyfriend and two guys who are like my best friends. Mostly it happens when I have been talking with my boyfriend on messenger.

I think is because I don't want to stop talking with him on the messenger! I hate to be apart even though we have not met yet in RL. At least when we are on the messenger we can get on the voice chat and talk, or just type our our words. That happend last night even though it was 2 hours after he had to go until the time I actually went to bed!

I think I have become almost addicted to talking to him on messenger every day! lol
Not really addicted, but I hate to not be able to talk to him every day! I have gotten very used to it, and it would be very hard to be un-able to talk to him. I guess that is why I keep talking to him on the messenger even in my dreams! I gues know him really well so my mind can guess at what he would really say for his part of the conversation in the Dream Instant Messenger! Somtimes I get confued and think I already talked to him about something, when it only happened in on of my dreams! lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talking on Instant Messenger isn't the only thing that happens with him in my dreams! lol

Quite often when I have erotic dreams about "US" (my boyfriend & I)
I will end up turning the dream into a poem while I am still asleep! I can see myself writing it!

I don't write it on the PC in my dreams like I normally would when awake, but I write it on paper that looks like old scroll paper.
So at that point I have to make myself wake up or I will lose the poem! It is hard to do that because the dreams are sooooo GOOD! I know that it is the time when I write some of my best poetry is in my sleep! So I wake myself up and write it down on a pad of paper I keep by my bed! I useually can go right back to sleep and continue the same dream!

I call myself a Dreamwriter! Actually my boyfriend called me that the first time I told him about me writing poetry when I was actually still asleep!
I liked the term so use it myself now.

Sometimes I get ideas for my novel or other stories when asleep too, but it isn't the same. I dream part of the idea then wake up and write it down. I don't write it down in my dream first like I do with poetry.

Are there any other Dreamwriters that actually write in their sleep?

I have heard of others using dreams that they had to write stories or poetry from that, but haven't heard anyone else that actually turns the dream into poetry in the dream itself!

My theory on how this happens is this. The right side of your brain is your creative side. Also you use the right side of your brain do dream since that is a part of creativity and imagination. So I am already in the right brain mode when I have these dreams. My brain knows what kinds of dreams I really like and starts to create a poem from what my minds eye sees in the dream. It is like I am dreaming within a dream. I am having one dream that I am a part of, then off to the side I am like an observer writing down what I see in the dream on paper that is in my dream! Sometimes I write a while poem in my dream before making myself wake up. Sometimes I will write one or two verses then wake myself up and write that down and continue writing it until it is done. I usually write most of it before waking myself up!

I would be very interested to learn of anyone else that is a Dreamwriter like myself!

Countess
CountessD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #18
WolfMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Ever have 'Night Terrors'? I used to get em if I slept it, so technically they are 'Day Terrors' for me.

Except once, I was paralyzed and couldn't move and I don't know if it was the wind or what but something was opening the door...very slowly...and the hallway had no lights on so it was dark...and I could not move. Well my mouth opened but no noise would come out.

Scientists think that the body has a button that paralyzes the body when you sleep so that you don't move around IRL. Problem with 'Terrors' is you awake from the dream, but the 'button' hasn't been shut off just yet.

So you lay there, unable to move.

Sucks.
Al, I used to have the same thing happenm to me quite frequently. I think it also has something to do with how much stress you have too. When I was having my 'episodes' I was in an abusive relationship. Also, I would see a dark specter out of the corner of my eye. Not so much like how death is portrayed,as a skeleton, but just a blurry figure in a brown robe. I used to avoid sleep whenever possible to avoid those attacks.

*shudders*

Also, I can hear myself talk in my sleep.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
OnixxFilth

I guess that "button" that's supposed to freeze you in sleep doesn't always work for me. Once I had a dream that my brother was by my bed and wouldn't go away, so I was swatting at him with one arm. Then, somehow, I moved into a level of semi-consciousness, where I could sense what I was doing but had no control over my body. I felt my arm actually reach out at attempt to swat at "my brother", who, in reality, wasn't there. Instead, my arm reached out and swatted a ceramic figurine which was on the shelf next to my bed and sent it flying across the room! I'm lucky that all that happened was that it broke off its base and that it didn't shatter! :shock: My boyfriend claims I mutter in my sleep, but, as I have no other witnesses to this phenomenon, I am somewhat skeptical.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #20
Solumina

One time my cousin sang in her sleep
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #21
Binkie

Yeah, paralysis. Your body releases the chemical durring REM sleep cycles to keep you from literally living out your dreams (i.e. sleepwalking). That's weird though that you can wake up and it won't wear off.

All I can remember from last night's dream was that Scooby Doo and myself were sweeping through this abandoned club for some reason. He had some kind of automatic weapon that I don't remember and I had some sort of pump-action shotgun (I hate pump-actions). I was rear guard/breach, he took point and I think he got dropped at some point. I don't really remember what happened from there, cause I wasn't even trying to remember my dream... but yeah, being paired up with Scooby Doo for some CQB action was just eh... hmmm.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 02:29 AM   #22
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
Yeah, paralysis. Your body releases the chemical durring REM sleep cycles to keep you from literally living out your dreams (i.e. sleepwalking). That's weird though that you can wake up and it won't wear off.
Well, one time it wore off before I woke up... It was a couple of years ago. I was dreaming I was chasing a fly and I slapped my boyfriend, who was sleeping peacefully by my side, right in the face! Poor guy! Not the best way to wake up.

And what about the feeling of falling in your sleep? why does this happen? Does anyone know?
Old 05-27-2005, 04:05 AM   #23
illuminatti

I have tried very hard not to fall asleep lately, but last night my eyes closed on their own and I ended up sleeping in the chair on the belcony. My dream was one of those wierd horrors that I had expected. I was in a room built out of chopped-off heads (pretty cool actualy) and nothing happened except for this constant feeling of emotions that were absolutely not mine. (It may not seem freaky and it wasn't while I was dreaming, but emotions can be just as frightening as anything more physical.) The dream didn't end until I had felt the emotions of all the heads surrounding me and there were hundreds of them. I could feel such fanatic hatered or panic or madness (it is so strange to feel insane and know it when you also know that you can't be mad).
The result was that i didn't hear the alarm clock (which is strange becuase it plays a cradle of filth song in the loudest possible volume...) and I was late to school...again.
Then i had a wierd point in the day when i could feel all the emotions of the people around me...this led to me not knowing how i felt myself. i was absolutely unsure of what to do because I didn't know how I would react to anything. It sucks. I hope that after my next dream this will stop.
I have given up trying to interpret my dreams at all. I don't think there is anything to interpret.

Oh yeah, by the way...some people just can't stop picking on me. You know that you can't shut me up so easily or get rid of me. I am surprised that you have enought energy for this...but whatever. If you think contradicting and laughing out anything i write is fun then keep it up becuase you amuse me as well.
[/quote]
illuminatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #24
Solumina

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh
And what about the feeling of falling in your sleep? why does this happen? Does anyone know?
Do you mean like when you’re half-asleep and suddenly it’s like you were hovering about an inch above your bed? That happens to me all the time but I have no idea what causes it
-Carbon Leaf
Old 05-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #25
Corpus_Draconis

I get that, except for me, it feels like I just fell about 400 metres in half a second. It scares the hell out of me. It happened once when I fell asleep during someone's extremely boring talk about building an observatory. I nearly screamed, and was damn glad I didn't.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.