Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #26
BLEED REBELION!!!

They just keep making laws/breaking laws, to get over.
Eventually (not that they are not doing it now) they are gonna slaughter or try to slaughter people and still claim that theie actions are legall and morrally right.

Im starting to think that being a "criminal" wouldbe a good thing.
Especially seeing as pretty soon being a "law abiding (sp?)" citizen will mean being a little bitch that gives up everything.

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #27
Godslayer Jillian

That post is so erroneous in so many places.
You almost have it right, but take out the hyperboles.
Governments are inherently oppressive. The American government loves taking away freedoms. But genocides are made by zealotry, not bureaucracy.
And being a criminal is not romantic. Being condemned as a criminal, however, is. Most criminals thrive at the expense of other little people just like them. They're nothing but a small model of how the system works. A criminal is not a Robin Hood. A Robin Hood is a criminal.
See those little details? Maybe you did think like me but didn't express me, but you understand why it ticks me off.
It's like when I'm talking to my friends about how awesome political graffiti is, and one of them says something like "hell yeah, vandalism!"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #28
BLEED REBELION!!!

lol... yeah Jilly

I get what you mean. Srry if I wasnt too clear.
But I wasnt saying being a criminal is the sense of snatching purses and doind drive bys. I ment more so in a robin hood style.

I ment doing the things that we should be allowed to do but the gov claims we shouldnt, and thus by excersizing our rights (even if they are not recognized) we would be called criminals.

So if they (the gov) define what a criminal is, and they start (continue) defining any one who isnt a complacent bitch who bows down to them as a criminal then I might not have a problem with being called a criminal.. does that make more sense...

Kinda like often times freedom fighters are called terorist by those in charge. And if someone who is simply fighting for freedom (in a non fucktard) is defined as terrorist then the meaning of terrorist has been changed and thus I wouldnt mine the lable, might even boast as a sort of fuck you to the ones who call me as such.

hope this is clearer..

P.s

Jillian Im curious about what you think of me? I kind believe you think im unintelligent/a fucktard....?

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-22-2008, 10:56 AM   #29
ZombiesNTea

Hillary and Obama are nearly exactly the same on the issues. Obama is just more charismatic.
ZombiesNTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #30
Underwater Ophelia

Hillary has much more experience, though.

Also--if she wins, Bill will be back in the White House!
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #31
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiesNTea
Hillary and Obama are nearly exactly the same on the issues. Obama is just more charismatic.
From where did you get this idea? Not that Obama is charismatic, that he and Hilary are the same on the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Hillary has much more experience, though.
I wouldn't say much more. Obama's lack of experience is inflated far out of proportion- although he's held federal office for only a relatively short time, he has been actively involved in community-level politics to the extent that he's nearly as seasoned as Hilary. They both pale to McCain.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #32
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
Jillian Im curious about what you think of me? I kind believe you think im unintelligent/a fucktard....?
You're on a debate club, so you're not an idiot; although I don't like debate clubs.
I do think of you as the same attitude of "fuck the government" as the one with which you introduced yourself. Basically it's oversimplifying and generalizing problems.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:32 PM   #33
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus

I wouldn't say much more. Obama's lack of experience is inflated far out of proportion- although he's held federal office for only a relatively short time, he has been actively involved in community-level politics to the extent that he's nearly as seasoned as Hilary. They both pale to McCain.
Honestly, community doesn't mean much to me when it's the nation in question.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
Xombie

Just a quick word: Hillary won Pennsylvania tonight.

Boo. :[
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #35
raggedyanne

Sadness!!!! If the evil bitch wins, I'm SO going to Canada. She's just not trustworthy. What really pisses me off is the women who vote for her just because she has a uterus.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #36
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Sadness!!!! If the evil bitch wins, I'm SO going to Canada. She's just not trustworthy.
What makes you say that?
Old 04-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #37
raggedyanne

The fact that whilst she was first lady she hid incriminating documents that were later found by a maid. She's also voted republican on almost every issue and is lying through her teeth about NAFTA and her stance on gun rights. Plus, what other candidate changes their accent to fit the people they're trying to bribe votes out of?
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #38
KontanKarite

Quote:
Sadness!!!! If the evil bitch wins, I'm SO going to Canada. She's just not trustworthy. What really pisses me off is the women who vote for her just because she has a uterus.

Holy shit. You'd go to Canada? The ones saying they'd go to Canada kinda crack me up. Why is canada always a last ditch effort for getting what you want? If Canada is that great, why not go now?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #39
BLEED REBELION!!!

raggedyanne: I love your signature!! Nice quote.

- My Boyfriend
Old 04-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #40
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
The fact that whilst she was first lady she hid incriminating documents that were later found by a maid. She's also voted republican on almost every issue and is lying through her teeth about NAFTA and her stance on gun rights. Plus, what other candidate changes their accent to fit the people they're trying to bribe votes out of?
She's a politician...what do you expect?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #41
Apathy's_Child

It scares the shit out of me that people would consider voting for someone who threatens to "obliterate" an entire country.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #42
blackwater1110

Hillary is the worst things since burnt toast. She will say or do whatever it takes to get power, including change her stance on issues, take money from lobbyists, and run attack ads that unfairly damage her opponent's character. She is the worst kind of Democrat: by name only.

Obama, on the other hand, won't take lobbyist money, sticks to his guns, and most importantly, IS REASONABLE. If you have ever seen the guy give a speech, he doesn't pander or use a lot of the tactics others use to associate themselves with things that will get votes--he talks clearly and logically about the issues. Look at the thing with his pastor, or at the debates when they asked him about wearing American flag lapel pins. Who gives a shit about lapel pins?! He called them on it and said to stop manufacturing issues and ask questions that were important to the nation.

While I don't necessarily agree with all of Obama's stances, I know what they are, making him infinitely better than Clinton.
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #43
ZombiesNTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
Hillary is the worst things since burnt toast. She will say or do whatever it takes to get power, including change her stance on issues, take money from lobbyists, and run attack ads that unfairly damage her opponent's character. She is the worst kind of Democrat: by name only.

Obama, on the other hand, won't take lobbyist money, sticks to his guns, and most importantly, IS REASONABLE. If you have ever seen the guy give a speech, he doesn't pander or use a lot of the tactics others use to associate themselves with things that will get votes--he talks clearly and logically about the issues. Look at the thing with his pastor, or at the debates when they asked him about wearing American flag lapel pins. Who gives a shit about lapel pins?! He called them on it and said to stop manufacturing issues and ask questions that were important to the nation.

While I don't necessarily agree with all of Obama's stances, I know what they are, making him infinitely better than Clinton.
Obama is purchased by the Nuclear, Banking, and Investment industries so I don't know what you're talking about. And his platform is virtually the same as hers. He just speaks more eloquently, while she's a cold-hearted bitch.

He's another bought and sold politician, with a comfy candy coating.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #44
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
She's a politician...what do you expect?
What is politics to you?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 04-23-2008, 06:37 PM   #45
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
What is politics to you?
I'm not going to act like I know much about politics, because I don't.

I do know that nearly all politicians who rise to prominence in this country bend the truth, and do things like change their accent to suit the region.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:52 PM   #46
ZombiesNTea

Quote:
I'm not going to act like I know much about politics, because I don't.

I do know that nearly all politicians who rise to prominence in this country bend the truth, and do things like change their accent to suit the region.
The only reason they're still around is that people keep voting for them.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #47
AngelikDemonik

Meh...Hipsters like Obama. I'm not a big fan of hipsters. Or Obama. I don't think he's a bad guy...I just think that Hilary can do better.

However, I don't think that whichever one ends up with the nomination will become president. I'd much rather see Obama than McCain, but there are so many people that will switch sides to McCain if one or the other get the nomination.

I just want to throw in my two cents about Hilary--If you don't like her, that's great. But make sure it's for a valid reason (not that none of you have valid points, because you all do). If I hear one more sexist comment like "I don't like her because Bill cheated on her!" or "No one wants a woman in office.", I'm probably going to vomit. The same goes with Obama..."His middle name is Hussien, he's a TERRORIST!" Seriously? STFU.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:51 PM   #48
raggedyanne

I just find that dear Hillary and I follow different moral codes. Sort of like Ghandi and Zsa Zsa Gabor.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #49
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Holy shit. You'd go to Canada? The ones saying they'd go to Canada kinda crack me up. Why is canada always a last ditch effort for getting what you want? If Canada is that great, why not go now?
I'm following a long American tradition. When things go south, go north!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #50
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I'm following a long American tradition. When things go south, go north!
Yeah, thank you very much!

bitch...

(more text below)

This is clearly not intended to be an angry post and just a play on the non-existent racism against Mexico such as the type that whiny minorities and politically correct pussies try to squeeze out of anything.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote: