Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 02-27-2005, 07:06 AM   #326
Jane13

Wha... uh.. *hee* uh :oops: Thankies, Teapot ^.^ And I'm glad you liked the links. I love you, too! (And I heart Granny like whoa, also!) But that can't be true about being the only goth you know... there are so many awesome people on this site ^.^
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:24 AM   #327
Disfunction

Well, since I haven't exactly slept yet, I'll include the events of yesterday in here.

Yesterday was the wild card match for the Kingston Improv Games to get into the regional finals. I had a lot of fun playing with people, and getting to know the other teams. Someone commented that I'm all over the map, with regard to my behaviour there and my general behaviour at school. Everyone was so friendly though, and accepting, it made me so happy to be around everyone. I don't know how to explain it but... I feel better when around those kinds of people.. I become the person I feel I truly am in such an environment and I'm sad that this was to be my last year. So much amazing talent.... I'm sad to have to leave.

At the after party, they had a bunch of food out, but mostly meat. Thanks to a lack of funds, I had to swallow my pride and ate meat, knowing full well that I would be paying for it... right about now.

It was so much fun.. I regret I didn't put myself into it sooner... and longer.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #328
drgnlvr

I forgot to post what I did yesterday, too.

I actually spent most of it peeling Sam off the ceiling. :lol: And when he came down, I spent it in peace and quiet, because he was zonked out.

He was wondering why he was so damn tired, too. Had to explain to him that he's spent the last 1 1/2 years in "fight or flight" mode because of his job. Now he's going to start a new job, and all that anxiety-producing adrenalin is now suddenly being dumped out of his system, and his body is ready to collapse.

It's like he spent the past 18 months on a daily dose of crank, and suddenly stopped. Of course he's going to be wrung out.

I'm waiting for the inexplicable depression to set in.

In the meantime, today, I'm going to be a good girl, and get that short finished.
drgnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #329
Deadhymn

i went and visited with my dad all day, after eating an unhealthy amount of good 'ol Southern food. God im miserably full. managed to piss off the better half when i got home because i immediately jumped on here. go figure.
Deadhymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:03 PM   #330
winged_dreams

Constantly worried about being snowed in at my house. We're supposed to get 14 or so inches of snow here! I'm sick of snow. Plus I am going to get really bored if I'm snowed in at my house. It might turn to rain so I'm hoping for that.

I worked today and I am watching my fiance play World of Warcraft. My life is so exciting.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:47 PM   #331
Zeade

today my mom let me wander around a few cemetaries that i had never been to before. she actually took me to an old one that has these amazing statues. i wish my digital camera held more pictures so i could've taken pictures of them. i'm going to post some of my pictures in the picture post thread if my computer likes me tonight. lol. i wish i would've gotten a picture of this huge crucifix, but we didn't have the time... ick!!! lol
Zeade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #332
DreamCase

I took the FCAT today, its this stupid standardized test in Florida that determines like the rest of your life.
What I thought was funny tho is that when we went in the classroom to take the test they wrote our school name and our county down on the board, I think if we can not remember how to spell our own towns name and county and furthermore have to be explained how to fill in bubbles, were fucked. See how well we do on that test.
DreamCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #333
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCase
I took the FCAT today, its this stupid standardized test in Florida that determines like the rest of your life.
Not really. All you have to do is pass, and the bar for that is pretty low. I got some award for the FCAT and it didn't change jackshit in my life.
Quote:
What I thought was funny tho is that when we went in the classroom to take the test they wrote our school name and our county down on the board, I think if we can not remember how to spell our own towns name and county and furthermore have to be explained how to fill in bubbles, were fucked.
True dat.

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:09 PM   #334
DreamCase

Well in my school whether you pass or fail judges a lot of peoples lives, its a kind of "Hmm maybe if I pass the FCAT I will graduate" thing, but I personally hate it because they made me sit in alphabetical order , which is a drag because the people next to me always try to cheat off me or worse talk to me. But it does break the monotony of our day.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:34 PM   #335
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamCase
Well in my school whether you pass or fail judges a lot of peoples lives, its a kind of "Hmm maybe if I pass the FCAT I will graduate" thing,
Oh yeah... I was thinking more that as long as you pass, your actual score doesn't change anything. The SAT's are way more important in that sense-everyone freaks out about them [except for the people who never study...], but with the FCAT's, a lot of people know they're safe no matter what.

Quote:
but I personally hate it because they made me sit in alphabetical order , which is a drag because the people next to me always try to cheat off me or worse talk to me. But it does break the monotony of our day.
Making casual conversation is worse than having some random kid cheat off of you?

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:40 PM   #336
SuicideJade

the standardized testing really isn't all that hard.. it's just so tedious that it leads people to make stupid answers.. i never studied and made college level on them in most areas *all except math* every year.. don't give in to the hype.. just relax and rely on common sense
Old 02-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #337
Solumina

That depends on what standardized test you have to take and what the standards are. In some places you have to get like a 40% to pass and in other places you have to get a 60% and some of the tests have harder questions it just depends on what state you’re in. I live in VA so we have one of the highest standards in the country. Where I live almost everyone passes, but then again I go one of the top public schools in the country.

yay me :roll:
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:04 PM   #338
winged_dreams

I remember standardized tests. There were so boring and evil. I hated filled in so many freaking little bubbles on the scantron tests. I would get done early (sort of fast test taker) and try to make pictures out of the dots. One time the dots looked like a whale.

Today I did nothing because it freaking snowed again! I was really bored, couldn't go out, and spent hours upon the internet doing nothing of consequence. Now I'm spending more time on the internet. It's evil I tell you! Evil!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:37 AM   #339
drgnlvr

I had to deal with stupid people today.

Is it my imagination, or are those things breeding like roaches?
Old 03-01-2005, 10:52 AM   #340
DreamCase

They sure are, and they think like roaches too. See the thing that's worse about people talking to me at school (other than my two friends)is that I have a lot of trouble at school with people wanting to either try to save me (from what I don't know) or they want to try to kick my ass. I very rarely have a good conversation. I guess its partially my own fault, I'm not one to let a lot of people in.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:11 AM   #341
SweetDarkThea

Went to school and wore my new funky shoes PMed al...PMed EPS...homework...blah...oooh! I made s'mores!
SweetDarkThea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #342
SuicideJade

today i felt like shit...
i argued with my niece because she was acting like a jackass because she knows i'm sick

i took a shower..
i cooked dinner *fried porkchops, mashed potates, green beans and gravy*

i passed out for a few ours...

i'm now here.. posting
Old 03-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #343
AlKilyu

Jade...your avatar...huh?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #344
SuicideJade

here's the full pic of my avatar for those who are confused...

it's called the birth of Man
Old 03-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #345
TeapotScar

I had a dance thing today! It went super well. I was in two out of the ten pieces, and I screamed in one piece. Yay screaming.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #346
AlKilyu

Jade....

Damn.

Just Damn.

And I can vouch for Teapot's performance, I read a review of it!

Today I went to the doctor, then came home and finally loaded Photoshop Elements on my new laptop. I need to get used to it, because it's different than my previous version and at a glace I don't dig it.

I am waiting for comcast to send me the equipment needed for me to hook up my high speed internet!! YAY! Actually, I haven't touched my laptop much since I got it, waiting on that. Weird...I've wanted one all my life and now that I got it, I haven't used it really at all.

I don't expect anyone to enjoy this, but with high speed access I am going to hook up my webcam. Why? I dunno, who'd want to watch me? Why did I even bring it up?
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #347
SuicideJade

We at Gothic. net would gladly LOVE seeing some Al-cam
Old 03-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #348
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
We at Gothic. net would gladly LOVE seeing some Al-cam
Amen to that! Maybe we could find a way to streamline it onto the front page?

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:38 AM   #349
drgnlvr

I made Biscotti today.

Chocolate-Almond, with a touch of Scotch; Cranberry-Orange, and Lemon-Poppyseed.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #350
DreamCase

This should probably go under whining but it is my day so I will post it here anyway
Today sucked ass.. it was alright until then...

I love Pat, my boyfriend, I really do, its just that today, or rather last night, he was a stupid motherfucker.

At about 11:30 this morning I got a call, Pat's number on the ID. I thought Wow this is early for him, and picked up. It wasn't him...it was AJ, his neighbor, and Brian, his cousin. They said as follows:

AJ- Is Taylor there?

Me- This is her...

AJ- Hey have you seen Pat?

Me- Umm no...I talked to him yesterday..

Brian (butts in)- Did he say anything about running away?

Me- Hell no he didn't say anything about running away to me!

AJ- Well he was supposed to be home at 12 last night and he never came home, so were looking for him.

Me- Well that's ...umm Disturbing. Well if he calls me I will let you know.

Both- Ok Bye

Me- Bye

Yesterday when I talked to him he said he was going to the Chili Cookoff on the island. Because there ws nothing else to do. He also said that his friends were trying to get him to go to a party up route 65, but he said he didnt want to go because he would get arrested because they always bust the parties up 65.

FUCK WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING STUPID

He has almost unlimited freedom, he doesn't have to go to school anymore because he graduated, he has to be home at 12 or at the latest 1 and thats it.
Since we have been together, this is the third time he has run away, last time I got a lovely visit from the cops.
Really, I am so worried about him.

As a side note, biscotti is yummy, I want some!

Edit* I know now, he didnt run away he drank 32 oz of EverClear thinking it was something else and passed out for 12 hours. At least he didnt run away....