Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 PM   #51
Wormboy

something thats both an insult and a compliment at the same time like, your the thinnest fatass ive ever met

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:16 PM   #52
raggedyanne

Wormboy; you rock! I think the world needs a little harsh honesty.

And Manson is watered down shock rock with touches of metal and emo. Manson is what Manson feels like being. Yes, it's possible for a "true goth" to appreciate Manson. The only true way to slap a label on him would be to evaluate each CD/era individually. Personally, i think this argument is about as logical as asking whether or not Goths wear black, but do continue.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:18 PM   #53
Percival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Truth is I'm more than anything you could label me as. I'm the guy who kicks people down the staircase for moving too slowly, and the guy who sees a homeless man outside McDonalds and invites him to a meal and a nice chat inside. I'm the man who calls for a downfall of Christianity, yet asks people to remember the teachings of Jesus, for some had great value. I'm the guy who calls you mocks you when you fall, then helps you up. I'm the guy who doesn't give a shit if you live or die, but will save your life, just out of human decency. I'm the guy who you never quite know, because I never let you. I'm the arrogant, egotistical, self conscious, selfless kid with no confidence in his mind and a plethora of it in his actions. I’m the goth who listens to indie, the rocker who appreciates Tchaikovsky. I’m that kid you meet every time you see me, even if I’ve known you all my life. I’m the kid who listens to everything you have to say and keeps it to himself, yet tells you nothing. I’m the kid who knows you more than he knows himself. I’m the guy who busts you on every stupid thing you ever do, but realizes how many stupid things he’s done. I’m the smartest idiot ever met, the dumbest with the high IQ, the kid who hates children, yet doesn’t want to grow up, the frightened kid with the bravest skin. I’m the guy you like only if I want you to, the guy who doesn’t care if you like him unless you already do. I’m the weird kid who always tried to be normal, until I learned what normal was. I’m the kid with big dreams he never shares. I’m the only child with lots of siblings. I’m the kid who doesn’t care unless you make me, and doesn’t stop even if you try. I’m the guy who never wanted pity, or attention, but gets them anyway. I’m the guy with everything going wrong underneath and nothing wrong on the surface. I’m the kind of guy who likes shy girls with attitude, the talkative guy who just wants to listen. I’m the guy who cared so much, he finally just broke. I’m the hard hearted, helpless romantic. A compassionate, empathetic, caring, cold, kind hearted misanthrope. I belong with everyone, and thusly with no one. I’m the guy who loves company, yet takes solace in solitude. The guy that at the end of the day you think you have pegged, and at the end of a year are completely in the dark about. I don’t think anyone can know everything about me, though a few have gotten close. I’m Jacob, I’m everything and everyone, and I guess that makes me nobody.
Tl;dr. But I read some of it and I like the way you think. Still, if you live so much inside yourself you'll never enjoy life. Trust me, I'm there.
Percival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #54
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percival
Tl;dr. But I read some of it and I like the way you think. Still, if you live so much inside yourself you'll never enjoy life. Trust me, I'm there.
load of rubbish, i have friends and love my life, i just keep my problems to myself or to my close friends, im quite happy =)

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #55
Godslayer Jillian

Wanna be friends?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:43 PM   #56
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Wanna be friends?
with benifits ;-) rawr

haha sure

Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 PM   #57
Godslayer Jillian

I'm a dude. XD

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:10 PM   #58
raggedyanne

Some people don't care ; D
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #59
Wormboy

when has that stopped people? lmao

Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #60
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Truth is I'm more than anything you could label me as. I'm the guy who kicks people down the staircase for moving too slowly, and the guy who sees a homeless man outside McDonalds and invites him to a meal and a nice chat inside. I'm the man who calls for a downfall of Christianity, yet asks people to remember the teachings of Jesus, for some had great value. I'm the guy who calls you mocks you when you fall, then helps you up. I'm the guy who doesn't give a shit if you live or die, but will save your life, just out of human decency. I'm the guy who you never quite know, because I never let you. I'm the arrogant, egotistical, self conscious, selfless kid with no confidence in his mind and a plethora of it in his actions. I’m the goth who listens to indie, the rocker who appreciates Tchaikovsky. I’m that kid you meet every time you see me, even if I’ve known you all my life. I’m the kid who listens to everything you have to say and keeps it to himself, yet tells you nothing. I’m the kid who knows you more than he knows himself. I’m the guy who busts you on every stupid thing you ever do, but realizes how many stupid things he’s done. I’m the smartest idiot ever met, the dumbest with the high IQ, the kid who hates children, yet doesn’t want to grow up, the frightened kid with the bravest skin. I’m the guy you like only if I want you to, the guy who doesn’t care if you like him unless you already do. I’m the weird kid who always tried to be normal, until I learned what normal was. I’m the kid with big dreams he never shares. I’m the only child with lots of siblings. I’m the kid who doesn’t care unless you make me, and doesn’t stop even if you try. I’m the guy who never wanted pity, or attention, but gets them anyway. I’m the guy with everything going wrong underneath and nothing wrong on the surface. I’m the kind of guy who likes shy girls with attitude, the talkative guy who just wants to listen. I’m the guy who cared so much, he finally just broke. I’m the hard hearted, helpless romantic. A compassionate, empathetic, caring, cold, kind hearted misanthrope. I belong with everyone, and thusly with no one. I’m the guy who loves company, yet takes solace in solitude. The guy that at the end of the day you think you have pegged, and at the end of a year are completely in the dark about. I don’t think anyone can know everything about me, though a few have gotten close. I’m Jacob, I’m everything and everyone, and I guess that makes me nobody.
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one thinking, "Who the hell cares?"
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:43 PM   #61
Godslayer Jillian

It's his introduction.
Plus, you're one of the ones that most prefer that people introduce themselves in other ways other than with the questionnaire.
That you don't care about is pretty much the best introduction I have read in this forum.
Ever.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 08-12-2007, 10:58 PM   #62
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
It's his introduction.
Plus, you're one of the ones that most prefer that people introduce themselves in other ways other than with the questionnaire.
That you don't care about is pretty much the best introduction I have read in this forum.
Ever.
I do prefer creative intros. I also prefer them to not just ramble on and on about things that are likely not even true.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 AM   #63
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
I do prefer creative intros. I also prefer them to not just ramble on and on about things that are likely not even true.
As long as you will live you will never know if they are true, in fact, you will never know me. Believe what makes you happy, I don't care either way. I posted it simply because I could, go ahead and criticize me, it won't bother me in the least. Jillian, thanks for trying to defend me, but it's fine.

Old 08-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #64
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Someone please tell me I'm not the only one thinking, "Who the hell cares?"
You and me both. In other words: "*yawn* Bored now."

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:48 PM   #65
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
As long as you will live you will never know if they are true, in fact, you will never know me. Believe what makes you happy, I don't care either way. I posted it simply because I could, go ahead and criticize me, it won't bother me in the least. Jillian, thanks for trying to defend me, but it's fine.
"Oh you'll never know me oh woe is me I'm just the victim in all of this it's not my fault I'm an ass. It's society's fault that I blame them for what I do to them. I'm soo goth I cry when I yell. Yet I'm still better than all of you. I might be a piece of shit but I'm your piece of shit that came out of your ass. It's all your fault oh woe is me. I don't care what you say even if it might help me out because I am shit straight from your ass. Oh woe is me." Just a brief summary of what he wrote for those who didn't bother reading the whole thing.
Get the fuck out of here if you're only going to respond to a calm tone of voice with a yell. I don't really care for people who turn a situation into more than it has to be just to feed their desire for attention.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #66
maggot

Marilyn Manson is NOT industrial or industrial rock under ANY circumstances.
Don't you dare call him that again.

Manson is shock rock. I have no idea why all you little retard mansonites think he's either industrial or goth.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #67
Breathless Horror

Wow...I thought g-net was getting a little sedate. Welcome, and congrats for stirring the pot a little.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:37 PM   #68
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katanshin
Now why the fuck did you just validate his existence? We are NEVER going to hear the end of this.
Oh shush. Harlequin can be quite amusing. He reminds me of those dogs you see in purses, always barking at everything, but quite cute when scratched behind the ears.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #69
Percival

Quote:
load of rubbish, i have friends and love my life, i just keep my problems to myself or to my close friends, im quite happy =)
And the internet :P I'm just kidding it's good to be thoughtful. Well not that good: ignorance is bliss. Drugs are there : D
Percival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #70
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot
Marilyn Manson is NOT industrial or industrial rock under ANY circumstances.
Don't you dare call him that again.

Manson is shock rock. I have no idea why all you little retard mansonites think he's either industrial or goth.
Because he uses a lot of drum and bass and uses electronic devices in his sound (hence industrial) though he does incorporate a lot of jazz, blues, and many other types of music. Shock rock isn't a sound, shock rock is what people label trouble makers in the music industry, like Alice Cooper (hard rock and glam) or Kiss (horribly cheesy hard rock) Shock rock doesn't have any particular instrumental deviation, dude shock rock is like hair metal, it's not a genre, it's slander against one.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #71
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
"Oh you'll never know me oh woe is me I'm just the victim in all of this it's not my fault I'm an ass. It's society's fault that I blame them for what I do to them. I'm soo goth I cry when I yell. Yet I'm still better than all of you. I might be a piece of shit but I'm your piece of shit that came out of your ass. It's all your fault oh woe is me. I don't care what you say even if it might help me out because I am shit straight from your ass. Oh woe is me." Just a brief summary of what he wrote for those who didn't bother reading the whole thing.
Get the fuck out of here if you're only going to respond to a calm tone of voice with a yell. I don't really care for people who turn a situation into more than it has to be just to feed their desire for attention.
I don't care for people who mock me without even knowing who I am. For the record, I actually like who I am, you see, we all act in life. We all lie, none of us are always real all the time, I'm just real less than that. Doesn't mean I am not happy. So before you try to talk on my behalf, try talking to me, instead of insulting me. No one twisted your arm to read anything, you chose to, don't bitcn and moan because you clicked a link.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:10 PM   #72
Renatus

Quote:
I don't care for people who mock me without even knowing who I am. For the record, I actually like who I am, you see, we all act in life. We all lie, none of us are always real all the time, I'm just real less than that. Doesn't mean I am not happy. So before you try to talk on my behalf, try talking to me, instead of insulting me. No one twisted your arm to read anything, you chose to, don't bitcn and moan because you clicked a link.
You're making baseless assumptions again, while my facts stand in your own writing. In order to mock somone you need to know a little about them, you have told us a little about you so I know a little about you. You see the way somone writes says alot about them. It can say if they are manipulative, intelligent, a crybaby, or somone worth listening to. Everything you have said to us screams woe is me nobody know me I am all alone in this world I have the lousiest life on earth. I never said you hated yourself you can look at everything I wrote it in no way says that. Tell me if you really arn't acting all woe is me tell me one good thing I could use to describe you on the last page.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #73
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
You're making baseless assumptions again, while my facts stand in your own writing. In order to mock somone you need to know a little about them, you have told us a little about you so I know a little about you. You see the way somone writes says alot about them. It can say if they are manipulative, intelligent, a crybaby, or somone worth listening to. Everything you have said to us screams woe is me nobody know me I am all alone in this world I have the lousiest life on earth. I never said you hated yourself you can look at everything I wrote it in no way says that. Tell me if you really arn't acting all woe is me tell me one good thing I could use to describe you on the last page.
You're asking the impossible. Just because I'm a complete fake, with no reality to him doesn't mean it's bad. I'm a fake, manipulative jackass, I don't feel sorry for myself. There isn't something good to describe me on that page, but I don't care, I have friends who could give you lists. You assume just because someone says they're not a good person it means they feel sorry for themselves. Some people can actually accept the fact they aren't good people and still be happy.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #74
Renatus

Quote:
You're asking the impossible. Just because I'm a complete fake, with no reality to him doesn't mean it's bad. I'm a fake, manipulative jackass, I don't feel sorry for myself. There isn't something good to describe me on that page, but I don't care, I have friends who could give you lists. You assume just because someone says they're not a good person it means they feel sorry for themselves. Some people can actually accept the fact they aren't good people and still be happy.
Again you arn't reading what I am writing. When did I ever say you felt sorry for yourself. What you were doing was trying to make others feel sorry for you. The fact that you just admitted to being a fake manipulative jackass is bad enough. Please leave this website while you're ahead, while we don't mind manipulative people or jackasses we don't appreciate fakers.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #75
maggot

Are you kidding? You have no clue what industrial truly is.

It was a musical movement started in the seventies based around experimentation and anti-music theory.

What you are describing is post-industrial at best, which Manson doesn't even fit. The closest you can get is electronic rock. Think Stabbing Westward or NIN after their first album (which was a Skinny Puppy rip-off).

Also, I just felt that this needed to be added to the record: The most praised and influential industrial band ever, the one that gave industrial it's name whose record label and harbored the original acts, Throbbing Gristle, was also a jazz band.

Believe me, kid. You can't beat me in a battle of wits when it comes to industrial. I don't care how much of a little hipster dip-shit you are, I know much more about industrial than you.

Again, not industrial. He's another shitty electro-rock band whose main tactic to acquire fans is using shock tactics. In other words, shock-rock. Happy?