Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 AM   #26
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Huh?! Where the fuck did this happen?
My guess is the US, where people are free to antagonize and terrorize others who don't believe what they believe under the banner of 'freedom of speech'.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
Judas

Yeah, and then get sued for it.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
Miss Absynthe

Apparently the video has been removed because of YouTube's policies concerning hate speech... which includes calling people out on their hate speech.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
Mr.Doobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
Apparently the video has been removed because of YouTube's policies concerning hate speech... which includes calling people out on their hate speech.
So what was Judas saying about getting sued then?
Old 11-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #30
Miss Absynthe

You would have to ask Judas that.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:47 AM   #31
Lapin

Ha.

No seriously, all of that made me laugh. Really? Really? People are concerned about some white trash on the Internet? What are they going to do? Crawl out of their trailer park and get you? It's a boogey man for the New Age, the redneck who works a labor job and comes home every day tired, and takes out his anger on his perceived enemy, the big bad atheist or the scary Muslim on some forum.

The majority of these people are never going to do a damn thing but moan over their supposed oppression, while the world moves on around them. And all of you are going to rant about how the United States is totally oppressive next to those shining bastions of liberty, the EU. Except oh wait, some of them banned burqas, hijabs, and minarets. Which we, the US, didn't do. Because every country is horribly flawed and does stupid stuff.

People are going to scream at each other until the end of time. Catholics and Protestants are going to kill each other, Shiite and Sunni are going to scream at one another, Mormons are going to be the butt of jokes, atheists are going to be evils, pagans are going to be Satanists. Welcome to our beautiful planet, where we all have different opinions. Toughen up and get over it.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #32
CuckooTuli

Right. Because it's not like the crazies are having any effect on mainstream fucking American politics and international affairs or anything, 'cause if you stick your fingers in your ears going lalala then the crazies becom instantly powerless, right? Just 'get over it'. Fucking stellar.

Incidentally, something I've been wanting to ask between this & other threads - do you have any actual AWESOME to back up that obnoxious arrogance you've been flapping around, or just a superiority complex and a prayer? I suspect I already know the answer. But it'd explain a lot of you had a metallic skeleton or some shit.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #33
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Right. Because it's not like the crazies are having any effect on mainstream fucking American politics and international affairs or anything, 'cause if you stick your fingers in your ears going lalala then the crazies becom instantly powerless, right? Just 'get over it'. Fucking stellar.
You forgot to mention that it is totally ok to accept any form of bigotry and that we should never expect society to be held to any sort of standards of decency and right behaviour. :P

Quote:
Incidentally, something I've been wanting to ask between this & other threads - do you have any actual AWESOME to back up that obnoxious arrogance you've been flapping around, or just a superiority complex and a prayer? I suspect I already know the answer. But it'd explain a lot of you had a metallic skeleton or some shit.
It has over 1000 posts. Is there anything more awesome than that??!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM   #34
Grausamkeit

Syn! You forgot the "morality is in the eyes of the beholder or some-Niezche-like-psuedo-philosophy-that-someone-read-in-the-eighth-grade-and-thought-was-t3h-4w3sumz!"

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #35
CuckooTuli

Quote:
You forgot to mention that it is totally ok to accept any form of bigotry and that we should never expect society to be held to any sort of standards of decency and right behaviour. :P

Ain't no guvvamint gonna hold ME to no standards of decency!! What're you, one a' them communists?!

Christ. I'm from fucking south-east England and Lapin's naivité about his/her own country is staggering to ME.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #36
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
Welcome to our beautiful planet, where we all have different opinions. Toughen up and get over it.
You're right. I guess I should toughen up and forget all about having a political career and declare all my last five years a waste of time because it's impossible for an atheist to be elected in the United States.
I should definitely man up and not change one single fucking thing about the system because their right to have an opinion completely gives them the right to trump over my goals in the future while my opinion entails no rights to do anything about it.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:31 PM   #37
Lapin

Of course I have enough awesome to back up my arrogance. I'm Awesome with a capital 'A', and the world at large should know it. Everyone should bow down to my Awesomeness and agree with me on every little thing, because every word I type is dripping with Awesome. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.

As for how much of my skeleton is metal alloy, well, most of that wasn't my fault, but yes, a good chunk of my skeleton is metal now. Makes for a fun story. I think it squared my natural Awesome, in fact, because how many girls can call themselves the real life Weapon X-23?

Do I seem like the kind of person who reads philosophy? And I've been able to spell "the" since I was five, thank you kindly.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #38
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin View Post
I think it squared my natural Awesome, in fact, because how many girls can call themselves the real life tool.
There... fixed it again for ya!
Old 11-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #39
Lapin

Quote:
I think I'm terribly clever by modifying one word in someone's sentence so it looks like they said something marginally insulting about themselves. I do this because I can't think of any actual arguments or anything they say. I leave that to other members. But by golly, I can do some almost funny jokes.
Fixed that for you.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:12 PM   #40
Howl of the Beast

You argue like whelps fighting over a bone. It matters not if you worship yourselves or some decadent human grey-beard in the sky or Xenu. All shall know the falsity of your beliefs when the Beast-clan rises from the darkness around the fire and consumes all.
Howl of the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:27 PM   #41
Miss Absynthe

Could you please speak up? I can't hear you.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #42
RuneDragon1985

Here's an idea: let's all invade another country, enslave the population and then execute 'em later? That way we don't have to worry about our economy, and get fatter and fatter as we do it!
RuneDragon1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:09 PM   #43
Lapin

Sounds like an economically sound idea to me.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #44
darkside23

burn them to hell !!!!
google gothic
darkside23 is offline   Reply With Quote