Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
Lady-Arachnia

Hi there! I, Lady Arachnia, would like to introduce myself to you...

Hi Everyone!!!
I would like to introduce myself to you, my real name is Saskia and next week i will be 37 years old *So I think I officialy belongs to the Elder Goth´s *
I moved in with my fiance about 1.5 years ago in the province Limburg in the *Dutch Mountains* but that is just a funny name because we have no real mountains here, but in the region there a lot of hill´s. And the landscape is not so flat like a pancake just as the rest of the country. We have the forest almost lay in our backyard so a lot of nature surround me. First I lived in a big city with lots of traffic in an appartment building on the thirth floor with a lot of noise and now I live here with my fiance in his owned house in a much smaller village, my friends and family still live in the other city but i decided to to move almost from the one side till the other side of our little country! We have no childeren but instead we have furry kids! We have 2 cats *Mysty & Lilo* and a little doggie *Kyra*. Owh and not to forget my spider *Destiny*

If there is still something you would like to know about me after my ramblings about myself!!! Just ask!
And I will also excuse me in advance for spelling or other typo´s because English is not my first language.....

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) Unfortunally I'm having multiple chronic disseases soIi have no *real* job but I have so much hobbies to keep me busy! I like to read, I am a seamstress jewelry artisan and make Gothic & Fantasy costumes and everything to complete a costume like jewelry/hats/etc from scrap and bits and pieces.

2. Where are you from? I live in The Netherlands.

3. Who is your favorite author? I read a lot of Historic Novelles...yes the cheesy ones ! So my favorite autor is Barbara Cartland. But I also like to read magazines like Gothic Beauty and books about the paranormal.

4. What are your favorite films? Also Historic Costume movies, even if the movie itself is bad....then i could drool over the beautifull costumes. But also a lot of Fantasy movies and even Disney animation....

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I really never thought of that....I would think about it and update my post!

6. At your funeral? I love Elvis, and one song need to be played and that is the song *My Way*

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? I hope that I live a long and healty life and die in my sleep...so nothing spectaculair!

8. What kind of casket would you want? An old fashioned one, black ofcourse and lined with eggplant-aubergine colored velvet.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I have no 1 specific outfit but I like to wear long and flowy gowns and dresses made of velvet/satin and lace...and decorated with ribbons and roses!

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? That I can spend the whole day playing with my My Little Ponies and have nobody frowned upon.... *I still collect and play with them*

11. What's your favorite band? I like Omnia *a Dutch Pagan Folk band* and I.m a big fan of Elvis Presley.....but i love a lot of different kind of music...from Country & Western till Classical and bands like Sisters of Mercy

12. What kind of education do you have? Here in Holland we have a different school system, so I try to explain. I followed education untill I was 18 and I attended a school for Agrarical Culture, but the main focus of my education was focused to become a Florist with al the papers needed to open my own Flower Shop.

13. Why did you join? I joined because I think it would be fun to discuss with people all over the world about things we have in common...

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? I´m Female...but i think that was already clear!

Merry Meet and sending you Love and Light! X Lady Arachnia
Lady-Arachnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
"...next week i will be 37..."

You're just a baby.
I will be 60 next year, and am a proud grandfather. Think of me as "Viktor" from Underworld haha! I LIVED the '80's when it happened the first time.

Welcome to the site. I love the way Elvis sings "My Way" too! And the rest of you sounds awesome as well. It sounds like you are going to be taking advantage of the huge tulip export business where you are, am I correct?

And I too enjoy Disney animations, and even more, writing fanfiction about them.

Anyway, be sure to see the Literature forum, and use the sort function by clicking on the most views to see some of my writing. It is always nice to see new members. I hope you enjoy what you find!

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 01:57 AM   #3
Lady-Arachnia

Hello!!!
Yes then i'm a Baby Bat to you....

No I do not work in the flower fields anymore.... (pun intended!) Because I suffer from fibromyalgia and a nerve and muscle dissease and working in the flowers indutrie is very hard work, and that is to heavy for me...

But occaisionally I make flower pieces for funerals *Stamp my Goth Card please!* or bridal bouquets and other arrangements for myself and friends and family. If I attend Gothic & Fantasy Fairs I always use fresh flowers somewhere in my costume.

I am going to check out your writings! Thank you for welcoming me Dear Sir!
Lady-Arachnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #4
Anna Báthory

Hi!
I'm new here too. I'm 32, so oldish? Though I don't think of myself as old. I'm super young.
I just wanted to say.....I love Omnia too!!!
Anna Báthory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
shadowynne

Pass. Continue...
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote