Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 PM   #26
KontanKarite

Sorry Saya. Your meager existence is completely eclipsed by my majesty. Being a Buddhist and all, I'd figure you're pretty much on board with being nothing... or insignificant or whatever the final destination is for your kind. That whole state of non-being. Good to know you're on my side. You'll make a fine enforcer. Strike from the shadows. Be my ghost recon.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #27
Saya

Excuse me, PoS and I were having a moment.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #28
KontanKarite

Nah. You WOULD think that. But I think it's kind of sad that you'd actually have to remind PoS that you're one of the reasons he even comes here. Clearly if you WERE a good reason, he would have said so originally. But Despanan and I are so badass that it makes people see the truth of our superiority and causes them to dwell on more... engaging and interesting subjects such as ourselves.

Even YOU like us despite your best efforts.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #29
Saya

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #30
KontanKarite

That's why you make such a wonderful enforcer. Objective, unbiased. Very clinical. If only my other enforcers were as soulless as you.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #31
Murder.Of.Crows

I'm slightly confused, PoS, at how I presented my self as an idiot. Yet, even though I was being trashed by Kontan, I found it humorous and gave me several good laughs. I agree with you on the fact that, because your such a pretentious asshole people like you.
Murder.Of.Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM   #32
PortraitOfSanity

Yea, that's the usual argument when people get trolled. "I was laughing too!"

I don't hate you. Saying I hate you would be like saying I hate a dog with no legs trying to cross a busy freeway.
-Mr. Filth
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:32 AM   #33
Murder.Of.Crows

I stated I found it humorous, not because i genuinely found it funny, but because of it's farcicality. Still, you have yet to answer my question. How did i present myself as an idiot? I would love to be enlightened and possibly try to fix that innuendo.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #34
ape descendant

Well, I was trying to get some sort of dialog going about how different communities intertwine, the importance of being firmly allied with others and standing up for our fellow "fags".

Bleh, serves me right... looks like were down to the usual, apathy and arbitrary trolling.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #35
Murder.Of.Crows

Yeah, I originally came here to discuss the very same things. Then i fell into the terrible trolling adventures of Kontan. To get back on topic. I support individual choice rather proactively and don't understand the reasons against homosexuality, other than religious beliefs. And Ape Descendant the term "fag" is rather derogatory. The original meanings is often something used or meant to be burnt, cigarettes or bundles of wood meant for fuel i.e.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:41 AM   #36
ape descendant

That is the point Mr. Murder... fag is derogatory... and I'm pretty sure that every goth kid worth their salt has been called a fag at least once in their life. I was demonstrating that we queers, fags and weirdos should probably stick together so we don't get blindsided by the ignorant masses.

Be Kind
Old 12-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #37
deadly-failure

Stupid shit

It is mainly because of all the SHIT that everyone is being feed each day, the same things that are being taught in these FUCKING school systems.
deadly-failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:43 AM   #38
Murder.Of.Crows

Well i think it is lack of knowledge, not force fed. People that don't understand, merely associate the unknown with something they do know. In a poor demonstrated example; If you do something or act differently, then you must be gay, because i'm not gay. Or you must be evil because i feel i am not evil. which comes down to sheer ignorance, not force fed knowledge. As much as i believe we need to be more open minded, i don't believe that we should stick together. That relies on personal choice and beliefs.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #39
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Well, I was trying to get some sort of dialog going about how different communities intertwine, the importance of being firmly allied with others and standing up for our fellow "fags".
Did you see a normative tendency of homophobia in this forum?
No?
Then it's really stupid to create a thread where no one here is on the other side of the issue. Why would you expect anyone to take it seriously?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #40
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murder.Of.Crows View Post
Yeah, I originally came here to discuss the very same things. Then i fell into the terrible trolling adventures of Kontan. To get back on topic. I support individual choice rather proactively and don't understand the reasons against homosexuality, other than religious beliefs. And Ape Descendant the term "fag" is rather derogatory. The original meanings is often something used or meant to be burnt, cigarettes or bundles of wood meant for fuel i.e.
Yeah, that term sounds pretty fucking applicable. I mean that's what you do to fags. You burn them.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:48 PM   #41
deadly-failure

How would you take things when you see differently and not Gay plus what you see as the "Knowledge" is just one layer you have to look deeper than that you dumb Fuck!!!
deadly-failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #42
Sir Canvas Corpsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite View Post
Yeah, that term sounds pretty fucking applicable. I mean that's what you do to fags. You burn them.
Kentucky Fried ******?
Old 12-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #43
Murder.Of.Crows

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly-failure View Post
How would you take things when you see differently and not Gay plus what you see as the "Knowledge" is just one layer you have to look deeper than that you dumb Fuck!!!
Who are you talking too and what the hell are you talking about?

lol, Kentucky fried ******, i'll take it with the lesbian wedges thank you.

*the above is only to be taken as a joke, not my actual beliefs*
I just received an infraction lol
Old 12-02-2010, 06:08 PM   #44
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I didn't lol.

Must be my political immunity from getting rimmed by Kontan all the time.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #45
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Did you see a normative tendency of homophobia in this forum?
No?
Then it's really stupid to create a thread where no one here is on the other side of the issue. Why would you expect anyone to take it seriously?
Alan, I did not mention anything about any sort of tendency towards homophobia in this forum.. if you actually read what people say instead of going off half cocked.. you would know this.

It is pretty retarded to get on a thread that you think is pointless, most likely because you don't get the point in the first place... just to say there's no point to it...

Why? Because you see no opportunity to debate. I suppose an actual discussion is a little too much for you to handle, as it requires listening and communication.

I will say again, that this isn't so much about any one being homophobic... anti-gay or anything of the sort, well it could be, but that was not my general intent.

My intent was to discus how the gay/goth communities intersect and how a lot of the same people who are outright antagonistic to the gay community are antagonistic to ours.

In stead of a debate, argument or fight, which I'm sure you've been dying for, you found a thread that was set up to foster a discussion that doesn't call for stepping on people's necks, and requires that people try to say something constructive.

If that gets your little panties in a wad... go cry about it in "whining".

Be Kind
Old 12-03-2010, 12:19 PM   #46
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Alan, I did not mention anything about any sort of tendency towards homophobia in this forum.. if you actually read what people say instead of going off half cocked.. you would know this.
That's fucking stupid. Why would I read the postfacto things people post in this thread to infer the reason YOU created this thread?

The thread says "I don't understand how one could be goth and not sympathetic"

That means "I don't understand how any of YOU could not be sympathetic"
Do you know of any goth who is homophobic? No? Then what the fuck surprises you about this nonexistent hypocrisy you find so annoying?

See how much of a bitch you are?
real classy
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 PM   #47
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
That's fucking stupid. Why would I read the postfacto things people post in this thread to infer the reason YOU created this thread?

The thread says "I don't understand how one could be goth and not sympathetic"

That means "I don't understand how any of YOU could not be sympathetic"
Do you know of any goth who is homophobic? No? Then what the fuck surprises you about this nonexistent hypocrisy you find so annoying?

See how much of a bitch you are?
So, you only read the title before you started posting? I chose the words in my title because they relate to sympathy, not outright hatred. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to why "not sympathetic" = "homophobia", I was under the impression that the closer meaning would have leaned towards "apathetic", or "disinterested".

There is nothing hypocritical about what I've said... its a perfectly reasonable question, as it doesn't imply homophobia directly... merely a lack of sympathy...

This isn't an accusatory thread as I've done my best to make clear, I've been trying to open up a discussion.. which actually has proven rather pointless... as no one has touched on how two communities could actively support one another. But instead get caught up in some sort of over simplification about homophobia.

So, do you think that the persecution and denial of rights to the gay community due to gender preference, could possibly have an effect on the rights of others who have lifestyle preferences that differ from what is thought to be the norm, given time?

I'm pretty sure that the main group of people behind the denial of legal marriage to gay people are mostly powered by the religious right... do you think the religious right could gain enough actual power to deny other communities rights to live as they see fit?

I would like to know what you think.

Be Kind
Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #48
Alan

I didn't call you a hypocrite. I said you clearly find it hypocritical to "be a goth and not sympathetic", a hypocrisy that is no issue anywhere here.
THAT'S how idiotic you are, and THAT'S how little reading comprehension you have. I'm done here; doesn't matter how simple I try to explain you, you won't understand, you're like a little child that just sees I'm antagonizing her without really caring to understand why.
real classy
Old 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
ape descendant

You repeatedly asked me what the point of this thread was, and I've told you repeatedly in several different ways.

Do you actually want to talk about the actual issues I've brought up, or not?

Be Kind
Old 12-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #50
Alan

You have told me why you wrote the thread. It's still fucking pointless.

Oh my god! did I just blow your mind?
No, I do not want to talk about "the actual issues" because there's no issue unless you can actually fucking bring an example of "how one could be goth and not sympathetic"
real classy