Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
moonlightdrive21

Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair

Hey guys:

I'm a big fan of gothic horror and stumbled along this forum which I never knew about.

My name is Dave and I am the producer of the “Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair” happening in August of 2012 in New Jersey. I wanted to officially announce the show to all of you and tell you about some of our plans for the event. You can also learn a lot about the show by going to our new web site at www.jerseyfestfair.com

I am a big collector of pre-painted statues and am also very into figure model kits. I always felt like these two worlds should come together more. One of the goals of Jerseyfest is to expose statue collectors more to the great artists and sculptors that are behind the scenes. I would like attendees to learn about their secrets, see many beautiful pieces that can’t be seen anywhere else, and have the opportunity to experience great demos that explain how figures are painted and sculpted.

Jerseyfest 2012 is being held at a terrific venue that is allowing us to have over 75 tables in the 6600 square foot main vendor room. We are having many top vendors who will have excellent figure model kits, statues and other art for sale that celebrate great movies, comic books, TV etc. In addition, we have rooms for model painting demos throughout the day by renowned artists and sculptors, many of which are magazine writers. Some have done work for Sideshow, Bowen, Master Replicas, etc. We also will be having a "world class” exhibit of painted model kits, which will have many stunning, custom painted figures on display, which will include a contest with fabulous prizes. The show will be filled with eye candy for sale or display related to classic and modern horror, comic book characters, and characters from great science fiction and fantasy movies (e.g., Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Godzilla, etc.). The statues and kits for sale, some quite rare, will be extraordinary, and many will be selling for excellent prices. All of this for the $10 price of admission into the show.

On the day before the vendor show, we are having an all day educational event that will consist of professional painting seminars and a “hands on” painting class where students of all levels will be receiving and painting a beautiful, life-sized, resin “Curse of the Werewolf” bust. The instructors for the event are top artists in the hobby who are well known by many collectors since they not only paint kits and write for hobby magazines, but are also often commissioned to repaint pre-painted statues.

Jerseyfest has been building up for 6 years with people from all over the nation and even internationally attending, and in 2012 we are coming out of the gate as big show with a lot to offer that will make the trip to New Jersey worthwile. We hope you will consider attending !

Thanks,
Dave
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yfestflyer.jpg
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
This belongs in shill, not in news.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
moonlightdrive21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus View Post
This belongs in shill, not in news.
O.K. Sorry.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
It's alright, a simple oversight on your part, happens all the time.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
moonlightdrive21

Check out the latest Jerseyfest show news by clicking here: News (Blog) » JerseyFestFair

http://jerseyfestfair.com/wordpress/...wrez-FINAL.jpg
Old 07-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
moonlightdrive21

Hey folks, we added a bunch of news updates about the big show on August 4th here: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Fans of gothic monsters who make it to the show will be in heaven....or should I say "hell". :-)

Thanks!
Dave
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
moonlightdrive21

Hey guys:

Jerseyfest 2012 was a great success and exceeded expectations. Many vendors did very well and we received rave reviews from attendees. We want to thank all the forums and moderators who allowed us to post information about the show and made positive comments about it – we really appreciate it !!!

Here is a link that leads to pictures from the show: http://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=278 (thanks to everyone who took pics!)

Here is a link to a video that shows highlights of one of our Jerseyfest painting classes, where we had about 34 students: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZDWh...ature=youtu.be

We will be posting info about the 2013 show and special events soon! Next year’s hobby classes plus weekend long vendor show are going to be awesome! Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Dave
www.jerseyfestfair.com
Old 08-07-2021, 06:20 AM   #8
ChrsCole

lawncare columbia sc
Good luck mate!

Lady's Boots
ChrsCole is offline   Reply With Quote