Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #3326
Kasdeja

I had a heart-to-heart talk with my best friend.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:47 AM   #3327
CuckooTuli

So Bitch have officially commissioned my piece. Now I just have to write the fucker by 23rd January.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #3328
Saya

Congrats! And seriously, update us on when it gets published. I'm serious about buying the issue and writing in on how much I loved your article.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #3329
CuckooTuli

Thanks Saya, I'm fangirl excited about this! They promised me the summer issue, provided I don't write it up, send it in and get a polite email along the lines of "We heart your commitment to our mission... but... damn, that is SO not what we were asking for."

By the way, this is where you get a thanks for even introducing me. I became a fangirl after that slash article you posted way back.
"Friends are allowed to make mistakes. The enemy is not allowed to make mistakes because his whole existence is a mistake, and we suffer from it. But the women's liberation front and gay liberation front are our friends, they are our potential allies, and we need as many allies as possible.” - Huey Newton
Old 01-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #3330
Saya

I'm fangirl excited for you! And slash unites many, doesn't it? <3
Old 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #3331
CuckooTuli

It does indeed. Although I'm more interested than complicit, really. What can I say - I think stumbling on some downright fucked-up Wincest before I even knew what slash was kind of tainted it for me!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #3332
CarrionCorpse

Made a silly little Facebook page for my dread-making 'business'.
CarrionCorpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #3333
DL Winters

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionCorpse View Post
Made a silly little Facebook page for my dread-making 'business'.
You make dreads?
I'm a cosmetologist.
We should talk.
Lol.
DL Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #3334
CarrionCorpse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Winters View Post
You make dreads?
I'm a cosmetologist.
We should talk.
Lol.
Yeah, it's one of the few things I'm paid for aside from doing people's hair and makeup.

I almost went to cosmetology school. haha
Old 01-04-2012, 10:23 AM   #3335
DL Winters

I graduated, but am getting some extra hours til I take my practical exam. I love it.
It's a passion.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #3336
CarrionCorpse

None of the schools I looked at seemed like anything great to me. So I never went.
Been looking into special effects schooling lately, as I'm much more interested in that.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #3337
DL Winters

Actually what I want to get into myself. Ultimate aim and all. May go back to get my esthetician's license after this. Build my credentials, then try to get on with MAC or someone. I'd love to go to Tom Savini's.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #3338
CarrionCorpse

Ahh I see. haha

Made my day today: Another person placed an order for a set of my dreads. Huzzahhhhhh!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #3339
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
This video http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/66...-party-megamix

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #3340
Apathy's_Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
It does indeed. Although I'm more interested than complicit, really. What can I say - I think stumbling on some downright fucked-up Wincest before I even knew what slash was kind of tainted it for me!
I just Googled Wincest.

Oh my fucking god.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:12 AM   #3341
MissCheyenne

I've got a job interview next week. It's only for a one day a week starting position at minimum wage but it's a start. I have to get back to normality some time.

I am your slice of pie
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #3342
CuckooTuli

Awesome, MC! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathy's_Child View Post
I just Googled Wincest.

Oh my fucking god.
Seriously. The story I stumbled on involved force-feeding and crying from both even before the actual sex was had, all of the above kind of shady on the subject of consent. Kink I get, but this was an overall FUUUUUCCCK MY EYES moment. Joke is, I'm pretty sure I was searching something like the start date of series 6 or some shit. o_O
Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #3343
Saya

Guys, you know Destiel fic is the best.

What made my day: Started a new semester, and I'm taking an anthro course that is focusing on the Vietnam war, the anti-war movement then and how the war affected how we think of war and the anti-war movement, and also how we produced a memory of Vietnam that we're more comfortable with. He might see if he can get a copy of Deer Hunter instead but looks like we will be deconstructing Rambo later on in the course. Well, there's a lot in this course I'm looking forward to, but I have a feeling Versus won't be too happy with the evisceration of Rambo XD

Also, the prof said 9 is a really early time to get to school, so we'll met at 9:30 instead. Extra half hour of sleep! Whoo!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #3344
Timeless Rebellion

Discovering this made my day....
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 PM   #3345
gothmania

Thumbs up Made my day

This little snippet made my day,

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you would have £49.00 today

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you would have £33.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you would have £0.00 today.

If you had purchased £1,000 of shares in Northern Rock three years ago, you would have £0.00 today

But, if you had purchased £1,000 worth of beer one year ago at Tescos, drank all the beer,then taken the aluminum cans to the scrap metal dealer, you
would have received a £214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink heavily & recycle.

A recent study found that the average Briton walks about 900 miles a year.

Another study found that Britons drink, on average, 22 gallons of alcohol a year.

That means that, on average, Britons get about 41 miles to the gallon!

Makes you proud to be British.
gothmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:50 AM   #3346
CarrionCorpse

Told my mum just how much I hate her boyfriend and what a loser I think he is.
Bought some cute new clothes.
Not sick anymore.
Possible party/show tonight.
Got paaaaaaaaaiiiidddd.
AND
I'm drinking delicious tea.
All in all I'm feeling pretty good about today so far.
(Watch something shit on it horrendously now... Haha)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #3347
honeythorn

OMG. My brother just arrived and he's had a new puppy. GORGEOUS. She's the half sister of his current dog, who is a Dalmation. This puppy is Damlation x English bull terrier, she's mostly black, with a white collar and chest, and little black spots in the white, and with little wrinkles round her eyes.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #3348
Beowulf

Talking to a friend I have not heard from in a long time, and getting my one of my guitars back from the luthier with a nice professional set up making it play like a dream !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #3349
honeythorn

Reading the following ( posted on another forum )

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 a.m. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target.
The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi!

Alex
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #3350
Murder.Of.Crows

Got a book in the mail from a guy we trolled. Got to be honest, I was really worried that it was going to be anthrax or Despanan's spiders. But, no, it was the book i asked for. So, yeah, pretty cool.