Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #26
CptSternn

I'm just saying, in reality, is she any worse than the lads on Jackass/Dirty Sanchez/Dudesons?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #27
Alan

Uh, yeah, there's a child that has to take care of her.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #28
Still Jack

Meh, her body. Her choice. As long as she's not harming anybody besides her self, I really don't see the problem.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #29
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
Meh, her body. Her choice. As long as she's not harming anybody besides her self, I really don't see the problem.
Jack, her fucking children take care of her. She IS harming others.
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #30
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I wasn't joking, I was pustulating.
There, fixed it for you.

---------------------------------------------------

She needs help. And why hasn't child protective services intervened?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:34 AM   #31
ape descendant

She eats more in a day than I eat in a week... I'm sure a lot of that 90k goes right into food.... damn that's a lot of food.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Jack, her fucking children take care of her. She IS harming others.
Yeah I dig that, all I'm saying is that I know people who have tended for their disabled parents from age 6. I know it's not really the same thing, but I do sort of see the similarity.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #33
AshleyO

This woman is CHOOSING to pursue a fatal weight instead of being healthy and fostering a healthy and nurturing relationship with her kids.

Jack... she's destroying herself and even though she thinks she's alright, her kids are going to have to pay for it. Dude, this shit ISN'T normal.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #34
Still Jack

I don't even know why I'm arguing this shit. I know you're right . I know that she's wrong. And I don't know why the fuck I'm arguing....
Old 07-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #35
AshleyO

Eh, usually the live and let live mantra is a decent go-to ideal, Jack. I can't really fault you too much for embracing it.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #36
CptSternn

Again, she is making 90k a year. Having her children bring food is not the worst thing in the world. I am sure there are kids across America who have a hell of a lot less who have to do a hell of a lot more for their families.

Not justifying her behaviour, just saying that there is much worse out there in comparison.

If she were fat and poor, you know like the ones you see going around wal-mart on scooters and the kids were missing meals I would say that would be worse sure.

They at least have a home to live in and get three squares a day, which in todays America is better than many get.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:58 AM   #37
AshleyO

Sternn, you stupid fuck...

THIS IS NOT HEALTHY. This is willful self destruction on her part, putting her life and body at unneeded risk because she's too fucking lazy to lose weight and get an actual productive job.

Fuck every single last one of you that thinks what she's doing is okay and fuck every single last one of you even harder because you seem to think the fucking price is right.

Sternn, you are one STUPID son of a bitch.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:20 AM   #38
Judas

Some fat chick wants to get fatter, and people want to watch.

I think they're just waiting for her to re-enact the gluttony victim from Seven.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:59 AM   #39
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
THIS IS NOT HEALTHY. This is willful self destruction on her part, putting her life and body at unneeded risk because she's too fucking lazy to lose weight and get an actual productive job.

Fuck every single last one of you that thinks what she's doing is okay and fuck every single last one of you even harder because you seem to think the fucking price is right.
No one is arguing it is healthy. But is it any less healthy than being a coal miner? Or working on those crab boats you see on Deadliest Catch? Or working as an asbestos remover?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #40
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
No one is arguing it is healthy. But is it any less healthy than being a coal miner? Or working on those crab boats you see on Deadliest Catch? Or working as an asbestos remover?
You know, this is exactly why people think you're dumb as shit on this forum.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:15 PM   #41
Despanan

Quote:
YES. IT IS FAR LESS HEALTHY.

There is a difference between a hazardous job, and purposefully killing yourself because of a fetish.

This woman isn't doing this to prove some working class point, nor is this the only thing she can do to make money. She's not a casualty of the system she's mentally unstable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #42
Judas

Quote:
I don't see those workers having their children bring them food while working in the mines/boats/asbestos-filled crawl spaces. Do you?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #43
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
You know, this is exactly why people think you're dumb as shit on this forum.

Oh ... somebody else already said that? Well, I'm saying it too, dumbfuck.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #44
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
YES. IT IS FAR LESS HEALTHY.
I would disagree. Lots of people make a living doing very unhealthy things. I wouldn't support any of it, but don't think she needs to be targeted like she is somehow special.

Quote:
There is a difference between a hazardous job, and purposefully killing yourself because of a fetish.
Really? Because the way I see it, dangerous is dangerous. You seem to be splitting hairs.

Quote:
This woman isn't doing this to prove some working class point, nor is this the only thing she can do to make money. She's not a casualty of the system she's mentally unstable.
Again, I disagree. I would say she lost the ability to do pretty much everything a few hundred pounds ago. Once you pass the 450 mark, you are pretty much homebound and not moving off yer bed.

As far as her mental capacity, again, not for us to judge. Even if she were deemed crazy you are aware in America they is no real system in place to help such people anymore. Compared to many of the crazies, most end up homeless. At least she is paying her way which will guarantee the government won't bother her.

Don't get me wrong, I think it is pretty disturbing myself, which is why I posted the article, but sure, it is a free country is it not? If someone wants to weigh as much as a small car, do they not have the right? Models become anorexic for lots of money and that is just as dangerous if not more.

Besides, Homer did it sure!
Old 07-19-2011, 12:16 AM   #45
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
I don't see those workers having their children bring them food while working in the mines/boats/asbestos-filled crawl spaces. Do you?
Apples and oranges. Bringing food home for your mother is nothing like working in a mine. As it has been pointed out earlier, what about children of people in wheelchairs or ones that have other disabilities? Is feeding/caring for them some type of crime?

Lets also not forget in America morbid obesity, that is not just being fat, but fat to the point you are either home bound or close to it has some pretty large numbers.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ly-obese_N.htm

In 2007 that number was 3%, meaning almost seven million Americans are in the same boat. That number has be rising over the years, so with millions of Americans in the same boat does that mean millions of children are being subjected to conditions equal to that of working in a mine? Your assertion above would indicate that, and of course, it is untrue.

If having to care for a morbidly obese parent were criminal, or something that bad, they would have already done something to not only criminalise the practice and you would see more legislation around weight control and more cases of child protective services removing kids from these people. Neither are happening.

If anything right now the opposite is happening. The republicans in congress blocked legislation stopping companies from advertising crappy sugar filled food to kids during early morning hours on kids shows. They fought legislation to ban soft drink machines in public schools. According to the right-wing in America, it is a 'God given right' to eat as much crap as you want.

I don't agree with it, nor do I support that idea but the comments here seem to be a bit far fetched and reaching when it comes to this lady sure, especially considering she is by no means alone. She is just the one who figured out how to make $90k a year while the others are living on disability.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #46
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Bringing food home for your mother is nothing like working in a mine. As it has been pointed out earlier, what about children of people in wheelchairs or ones that have other disabilities? Is feeding/caring for them some type of crime?
Are you seriously comparing her choice to wreck her health, leaving her children prematurely bereaved for the sake of money, to parents with disabilities they did NOT choose accepting care from their children?

One of the scenarios is making the best of the situation at hand. The other is a case of wilful and damaging selfishness. They are in NO WAY the same thing, and in fact, the comparison is pretty offensive.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #47
Judas

Quote:
Talk about apples and oranges. I talk about someone with a hazardous way of making money and compare it to your own examples of others who have a hazardous way of making money (not to mention that everyone single one of those examples, this woman included, are doing so by choice), and so you turn around and compare them to people who had no choice in what happened to them.

Additionally, I wasn't commenting on whether or not the children should be bringing their mother food. I was pointing out that people who have chosen hazardous occupations do not have their children help them expose themselves to their hazardous way of money-making.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #48
Black Spiral Dancer

Don't get me wrong, I like a girl with curves, but you can take it too far. As long as you are health enough to be able to walk unassisted, that is fine. When you need motorised assistance, then you have a serious problem.
Black Spiral Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #49
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuckooTuli View Post
Are you seriously comparing her choice to wreck her health, leaving her children prematurely bereaved for the sake of money, to parents with disabilities they did NOT choose accepting care from their children?

One of the scenarios is making the best of the situation at hand. The other is a case of wilful and damaging selfishness. They are in NO WAY the same thing, and in fact, the comparison is pretty offensive.
You are assuming that she was of average weight before she started down this path, which is daft. IF that were true then I might agree with you, but it's safe to say she was already morbidly obese before she started her new career.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:48 AM   #50
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Talk about apples and oranges. I talk about someone with a hazardous way of making money and compare it to your own examples of others who have a hazardous way of making money (not to mention that everyone single one of those examples, this woman included, are doing so by choice), and so you turn around and compare them to people who had no choice in what happened to them.
Again, as I posted, you are assuming she was of average build and in good healthy BEFORE she started this project of hers and has decided to wreck her health. She was morbidly obese from age 9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donna_S...personality%29

Quote:
Additionally, I wasn't commenting on whether or not the children should be bringing their mother food. I was pointing out that people who have chosen hazardous occupations do not have their children help them expose themselves to their hazardous way of money-making.
But your assertion that having her children help out around the house is somehow equal to that of miners having their children dig for coal and that is just ludicrous.

As I posted above, seven MILLION Americans are so large they require assistance of some sort. A large chunk of them have children. Are you suggesting they be stripped of their children? If her 'occupation' is so 'hazardous' then why have they not been stripped of their children or charged with endangerment of some sort? Do you really think they should be?

What you are suggesting is very fat people should be arrested if they have kids and their children taken from them and put into foster care. Seriously?