Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 AM   #51
isobel black

These being my favourite genres I couldn't resist getting a tad elitist about it.

But I haven't really been keeping up, most things I listen to I acquired in the mid to late nineties (when people still bought CD's).

I just abhor the newer cyber stuff though, if anything it's more related to techno or early nineties eurodance if you ask me.
isobel black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:07 AM   #52
isobel black

I'm very close to Germany, and contemplated going to Amphi last year, they had the best line up of all the summer festivals then. My gf didn't want to go, otherwise I probably would have. It's about a 1,5 hour drive for me.

I've seen Front 242 many times, but wouldn't mind seeing them again, and I don't think I ever saw Laibach, so I'll definitely consider going.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 AM   #53
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Combichrist, VNV Nation, Angelspit, Suicide Commando, Psyclon Nine etc.

I like some EBM and industrial bands. Skinny Puppy are awesome live. And Combichrist are pretty fun.

And Draven, welcome.
I wouldn't call those bands bleepy. When I hear the word "bleepy," I think poppy techno, not the bands you listed. Again, as I said, I think it depends on what a person believes "bleepy" is. As Isobel said, it's more 00ntz.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #54
Ebbhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
These being my favourite genres I couldn't resist getting a tad elitist about it.

But I haven't really been keeping up, most things I listen to I acquired in the mid to late nineties (when people still bought CD's).

I just abhor the newer cyber stuff though, if anything it's more related to techno or early nineties eurodance if you ask me.
Oh wow, someone on the internets knows what she's on about.

If I wanna hear rave, I'll listen to rave, not rave masquerading as EBM. So maybe I sound a little elitist, but then goths are always the first to complain if a club night is too heavy on the ol' futurepop.
Ebbhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #55
Raptor

Yeah, oontz, bleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobel black View Post
I'm very close to Germany, and contemplated going to Amphi last year, they had the best line up of all the summer festivals then. My gf didn't want to go, otherwise I probably would have. It's about a 1,5 hour drive for me.

I've seen Front 242 many times, but wouldn't mind seeing them again, and I don't think I ever saw Laibach, so I'll definitely consider going.
Nice, that is really close. I went to last year's one, it's great fun. Might be going this year if I have the money.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #56
isobel black

I checked the line-up, and it sounds pretty good. I'll have to see which of my friends I can get to tag along. Or probably more accurately, which of them will have the money.