Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 07-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
Catch

Hitler gained the support of Germany by stating he would clean up the crime and people could walk safely through the streets even at night. Then they targeted the jews and shortly before the end of the war, they started targeting christians.

I believe in Justice and Fairness. When a crime is commited and the person is found guilty they should be given a punishment suited to the crime. Hopefully, it is fair to inhibit further retaliation. Otherwise, the government becomes the criminal who steals, lies and commits murder.

Utilitarianism doesn't care about anyone but themselves. As long as they are one top it is always someone else being punished. It is heartless and teaches the people in the "right" crew to be criminals because they will never be punished. They always need to find another victim. It is the worst system in the world and usually a sham to cover their own inadequate behavior.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:08 PM   #27
Deadmanwalking_05

My answer to the question from the O.P.

Hell No,that would be like trying to put a fire out by tossing more fucking gasoline on it.

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 05:07 AM   #28
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Hitler gained the support of Germany by stating he would clean up the crime and people could walk safely through the streets even at night. Then they targeted the jews and shortly before the end of the war, they started targeting christians.
That's not true.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #29
Still Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
That's not true.
I agree...
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 04:17 PM   #30
Catch

Quote:
That's not true.
It is true. I know you're all lazy, but the History channel loves shows about WWII and Hitler. I also know some people from Germany. In the ethics class the other students cornered the German kid into sharing information. They focused on the promises the Nazis made in great depth. Riding the city of crime was top of the list. It is also cited that after a great enemy was conquered they just found another enemy to "conquer."

History and Biography both love Hilter stories around April 20th. That's Hilter's birthday.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #31
Godslayer Jillian

JCC's point is that they didn't target Christians.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #32
Knight in Shining Armour

To quote Ben Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

In other words, no.
Knight in Shining Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

I hate when people quote that phrase.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #34
Serren

If the police used to powers they got things would be better. One of my friends lives in a shared house and some crack heads (including dealers) gate crashed the house and moved in without permission. He got the police down there after they had broken in and were sitting their smoking crack and they would not do anything.

However I don't think doing things like detaining people without fair trial is good. Some closing of legal loop holes on police power may help, for example limits on warrants can be frustrating.
Serren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #35
JCC

No, my point was that the Nazis didn't creep up on the nice German people with shady antisemitism that they kept under wraps, they were pretty fucking clear that Jews sucked and Catch is pretending that the nasty Nazi party got in through false promises and dishonesty. But it's true that they didn't really target Christians, they might've had the occasional Catholic bash.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #36
Godslayer Jillian

[quote=Serren;548433Some closing of legal loop holes on police power may help, for example limits on warrants can be frustrating.[/QUOTE]You want them to break in at will?

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 AM   #37
Delkaetre

I still want to know the definition of 'crime'!
Graffiti of abandoned buildings?
Forced entry to unused premises in order to use the premises as habitation (as opposed to squatting, which cannot force entry)?
Attempts to claim additional unemployment or disability benefits to cover costs unforseen and unpaid for by government allowances?
Use of drugs such as MDMA and marijuana which can be made/grown in a local environment and do not in any way have to contribute to violent crime *except* under the rule of anti-drug law where they're driven underground?
Prostitution run by working women's collectives where under current UK law the women who are organising and defending themselves could count as controlled for gain despite controlling themselves to better their working environment?
Group protest in non-designated areas and without prior arrangement?

Come on, some one tell me what we're calling a crime here. There are lots of 'crimes' and most of them are no danger whatsoever to society.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #38
Catch

Quote:
No, my point was that the Nazis didn't creep up on the nice German people with shady antisemitism that they kept under wraps, they were pretty fucking clear that Jews sucked and Catch is pretending that the nasty Nazi party got in through false promises and dishonesty. But it's true that they didn't really target Christians, they might've had the occasional Catholic bash.
The Nazis said they were sending the Jews to farms so they could help with the war effort. They implied the would be ranching and farming. Instead, they were used as human lab experiments and murdered.

When the USA armies finally gained entry into Germany they found several Christian bookstores with smashed windows, nazi symbols and indication of threats towards their religion.

As for Catholics, the Axis is comprised of Germany, Japen and Itally. I doubt they would want to upset their allies. Catholics were actually fairly safe.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #39
viscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight in Shining Armour View Post
To quote Ben Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

In other words, no.
I'm fairly certain that that quote is falsely ascribed to Franklin, and regardless, my flippant response is "What good is liberty if you can't get anything to eat?"

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #40
Necrophagist

No, seeing as crime doesn't affect me personally.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 10:44 AM   #41
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
No, seeing as crime doesn't affect me personally.
You're back? Why?
Old 08-31-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
the-nihilist

Mississippi has an extremely low crime rate, so the cops around here are basically legalized extortionists.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #43
DRM

Lucky, the crime rate where I live used to be like that. Now it's gone up so, the cops are cracking down.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:30 PM   #44
Necrophagist

Quote:
You're back? Why?
I was bored. Since the Amon Amarth concert in Liepzieg I haven't done much but sleep.

I am the Antiproduct!

There is, they say, no fool like an old fool - Golding.

" All the war-propaganda, all the screaming and lies and hatred, comes invariably from people who are not fighting." - Orwell.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote