Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
Cyberbat

*growl*

Alright, so myself and two friends go to eat at a Denny's tonight after a concert. We get into a conversation of politics and religion (typical). Now, we were pretty much the only ones in here except a few other people. Well, we were throwing out some "what ifs" and ideas on the whole what’s good and what’s evil bit, and some old drunk guy comes wondering over and starts telling us that we are wrong and the type of things we are saying is going to get us hurt.

He then says that we shouldn't call everyone in the diner evil (which we didn't by any means) and that that could get us into a lot of trouble. Well we rolled our eyes and he left.
As we were leaving we said sorry to any of the other patrons who may have been offended and they all shrugged, one actually looked disappointed that we were leaving. He said he thought we were quite a delight.

I get this quite a bit. And it seems to be only the drunk assholes who take offense. What really gets me on this one is it was one of our most toned down conversations. More jokes than anything, and we were actually threatened. This guy tried to make it sound like he and others were going to jump us on the way out. Of course that’s the point when the manager showed him the door. But my hell, since when in this country did it become dangerous to speak your mind at 3 am in a diner? When you’re dressed partially normal!?
Cyberbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 AM   #2
PersephoneX

What's Denny's?
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 AM   #3
LaBelleDameSansMerci

It's a breakfast-diner thing. They serve dinner as well, but I think it's breakfast 24/7, or something. Anyway, I've been in one once, and my parents and I had breakfast food at 8 pm. We were in Laredo, Texas I think... Dunno how it is elsewhere, or even in Canada (we do have them), so...

I think drunk assholes are probably the most easily offended. He probably misconstrued your conversation. I never go out, so I don't get that problem, but...
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 04:37 AM   #4
Dead Blue Grind

Doesn't sound to me like you did do anything wrong. He wasn't forced to pay attention to the details of your discussion, he chose to. It also seems like he probably had a pre-determined opinion of you set in his mind and nothing you could have done would sway it. Just don't let it get to you. Asshole are everywhere, drunk or not.
Dead Blue Grind is offline   Reply With Quote