Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 PM   #376
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyO View Post
Well you aint got a chance in hell of doing that.

But now I'm curious.

You see, from where I'm sitting; you've replaced Pothead's mythical dogma with a different mythical dogma. I take it you're a rational person; so I'm interested in what compelled you to go from one set of mythically(sp) inspired dogma to another.
didn't you read her earlier post ? she said she never even opened a satanist book
pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #377
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel View Post
I flip my bird at you, sir.

Oh, wait a second, we could do a trade. What about, I tell you about my religious beliefs, and then you can try to convince me that your the Keeper of the Chronicles of Truth. Agreed? There then, sit down, have a cup of tea and I'll just go and dig out my copy of the Satanic Bible for you.
oh thanks for the nice words
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 PM   #378
pothead

Jesus loves you
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #379
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothead View Post
didn't you read her earlier post ? she said she never even opened a satanist book
Oh honey bunny, you are a cute troll. I never said such a thing. I had read most of the traditional, modern and more unknown works concerning Satanism and occultism by the time I turned twenty. I've even read your precious Bible quite a few times, mostly to see what it says of the dark entities (Satan, Lucifer etc.), but also to know exactly why I do not agree with Christianity. And after reading your holy book a few times, I can tell you surely and truly, that your god is not a being I find worthy of worship. In fact, with all the trouble Christianity has caused, I find he has had quite his share of worshipping already.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #380
Minyaliel

Quote:
Jesus loves you
Yeah, just as much as he loved those poor buggers he murdered in the Flood, or via the Israelites' clan wars, or the inhabitants of Sodoma and Gomorrah, or... I could go on and on, but I find the topic rather depressing, so I'll leave it at that.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 AM   #381
Minyaliel

Quote:
Well you aint got a chance in hell of doing that.

But now I'm curious.

You see, from where I'm sitting; you've replaced Pothead's mythical dogma with a different mythical dogma. I take it you're a rational person; so I'm interested in what compelled you to go from one set of mythically(sp) inspired dogma to another.
You seem to look at this from the wrong perspective, dear. I am not substituting any mythology for another. To try and answer your question, might I ask you to read Robert Browning's Caliban Upon Setebos?

This poem is a thought experiment in how religion might have come about. I am similarly conducting my own mental experiment in the usage of ancient symbols and archetypes to construct the image of the ideal human being in my head, with all the ethical moorings that I find are worth aspiring to (this often results in a lot of studying and library visits, thus the stereotypical idea of the occultist sitting with a huge book in a dusty library...) . But, since I am an intelligent being I know what I am doing, and thus feel no need to fear the entity I worship, as it is only human potential personified and idealized - a God to be aspired to, and used as an image for self- betterment, rather than for cowering in front of. It is rather a feeling of partnership than worship, in a way. This is a view often held by modern Satanists, at least those that I have discussed the issue with. Satanism is very misunderstood as a modern belief system, but few of us are interested in putting ourselves out there to try to explain this stuff, since it tends to be hard to explain what we believe (no two Satanists are alike, usually, as there is no dogma or "prescribed literature" and no real congregation or universally acknowledged religious fellowship - most Satanists who are not part of the CoS tend to think the CoS are a bunch of pussy poseurs, to be honest, although I do not think it is either generous nor fair to describe other people like that).

Also, humans do naturally have a tendency to prefer religious rituals for a feeling of mental stability and happiness - we tend to make a set of beliefs and then perform acts in order to make these beliefs real in the physical world as well as in our head. Our mind, being an obliging thing, tricks us into perceiving the correct effects (especially if we are being very stubborn, or on a fast or things like that - oh, just as a side note, I don't do drugs, and most other Satanists I know don't, either), thus creating a perception of oneness with our spiritual reality. This is what I try to achieve whenever I perform a Satanic/ occult ritual or meditation. I am perfectly aware that it probably is all in my head, but I also notice that these things make me a better person, by helping me understand my own nature. Thus I find it a worthwhile pursuit.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #382
Versus

And I play Battlefield 3. It makes me a badass.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #383
AshleyO

Minyelial or however you spell it bores me.

I lost interest in like... the first or second sentence.

Something about religion being a kind of security blanket for humanity and blah blah blah.

I blame Christianity for stupid shit like Satanism. Who'd have thought that pious bullshit would piss off 14 year olds so much?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #384
Minyaliel

Quote:
Minyelial or however you spell it bores me.

I lost interest in like... the first or second sentence.

Something about religion being a kind of security blanket for humanity and blah blah blah.

I blame Christianity for stupid shit like Satanism. Who'd have thought that pious bullshit would piss off 14 year olds so much?
Well, too bad for you then, since you did ask for an explanation. I will make sure to still treat you with respect, even though you seem not to know how to repay the favour. May I ask your age, so that I can make my replies to your future conversation age- appropriate, thus being courteous enough to try to avoid boring you?
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 06-26-2012, 03:50 PM   #385
AshleyO

Yeah, you let us know when Satanism actually deserves respect beyond arbitrarily saying it matters to you emotionally.

If it bothers you that much, weave a circle about it or pray or listen to Manson. You know, whatever it is that makes your soul feel clean after getting your faith made fun of.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #386
pothead

Quote:
Oh honey bunny, you are a cute troll. I never said such a thing. I had read most of the traditional, modern and more unknown works concerning Satanism and occultism by the time I turned twenty. I've even read your precious Bible quite a few times, mostly to see what it says of the dark entities (Satan, Lucifer etc.), but also to know exactly why I do not agree with Christianity. And after reading your holy book a few times, I can tell you surely and truly, that your god is not a being I find worthy of worship. In fact, with all the trouble Christianity has caused, I find he has had quite his share of worshipping already.
and yet you do not know that satan is lucifer
Old 06-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #387
Minyaliel

Oh come on, you should really learn mythology before you go and say that. For you, it's the same, because Christians have always lumped the things they don't understand and don't like into one figure - the Devil - we have written proof that scholars and clerics in the Middle Ages and the late Roman empire sought to explain pagan deities from their Christian point of view, often making them a part of the Devil/ Adversary figure along the way. So, where in your Bible does it say explicitly that Satan = Lucifer? I want citations, please.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 07-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #388
pothead

Quote:
Oh come on, you should really learn mythology before you go and say that. For you, it's the same, because Christians have always lumped the things they don't understand and don't like into one figure - the Devil - we have written proof that scholars and clerics in the Middle Ages and the late Roman empire sought to explain pagan deities from their Christian point of view, often making them a part of the Devil/ Adversary figure along the way. So, where in your Bible does it say explicitly that Satan = Lucifer? I want citations, please.
it's just another name for him, and you know this because in one part in the old testament it says that lucifer is a angel, and in the new it says that satan is a angel, and they did the same thing, they both took 1/3 of the angels with them
Old 07-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #389
Minyaliel

Citations, please. I can't argue on common assumptions. Does your Bible say explicitly that this is the same being? Because, if it does, I must have missed it during my five or so thorough readings of your entire holy book.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #390
pothead

Quote:
Citations, please. I can't argue on common assumptions. Does your Bible say explicitly that this is the same being? Because, if it does, I must have missed it during my five or so thorough readings of your entire holy book.
yes it does
Old 07-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #391
honeythorn

She would like to know exactly where in the book it say's that. Which chapter and verse ect.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:50 AM   #392
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn View Post
She would like to know exactly where in the book it say's that. Which chapter and verse ect.
I thought I said that, which books it is in
Old 07-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #393
honeythorn

You said it was in the old testament. But you have not said WHERE in the old testment. What page/pages it is written that they are the same being. Tht's what she wants to know. Exactly where in the book it is written.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #394
cannibalnuns

The Avengers movie I hear is Epic.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #395
Miss Absynthe

It has been months since I last visited gnet, and I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that in a world where everything is in a constant state of flux, this thread still exists.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #396
Kasdeja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
It has been months since I last visited gnet, and I can't tell you how comforting it is to know that in a world where everything is in a constant state of flux, this thread still exists.
I think it's going to go on forever. Or... until pothead mysteriously dies.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:42 PM   #397
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Absynthe View Post
yep it still exist thanks for stopping by, loves you lots
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #398
Kasdeja

Quote:
loves you lots
Now... off to remove my skin with steel wool.

Props to Spooky Spencer for the 'shopped avatar!
If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.
Kasdeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #399
lotan

Quote:
Jesus is God in the flesh by the way
You do know that's a paradox right?
lotan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:02 AM   #400
pothead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasdeja View Post
Now... off to remove my skin with steel wool.
well you can do that if you want to but was I telling you I love you? well I love you anyways