Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:00 AM   #51
ART

Actually, Alans fault lies not in the argument. Nor in the logic.

Those are flawless.

The mistake is taking logic to people who are immune to it. Which applies to just about everyone who needs to spice up their miserable existence by adding a touch of the paranormal.

I used to do the same. But I eated it.
ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 AM   #52
Vivisection

I love the way pencil-dick Alan starts getting all butthurt from the get-go of this thread. Always amusing. lol
Vivisection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #53
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ART View Post
Actually, Alans fault lies not in the argument. Nor in the logic.

Those are flawless.

The mistake is taking logic to people who are immune to it. Which applies to just about everyone who needs to spice up their miserable existence by adding a touch of the paranormal.

I used to do the same. But I eated it.
This.

Thank you; I needed that.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:07 AM   #54
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
So, you can't recommend a site?

And Alan's that easily trolled?
Find yourself a site, don't be lazy.

I implied that you were a troll, because I hate to think that you're stupid enough to believe the arguments you've put forth are, in any way, sound.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #55
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
Find yourself a site, don't be lazy.
I have. I've found a number, and they don't always agree with one another.

I've found some that said that since Alan made a specific claim that cannot be proved or disproved, he's automatically in the wrong. I've found some that states that since he later affirmed the claim, then he assumed the role of the affirmative party, which places the burden of proof on him. I've found some that state that "It's bullshit" qualifies as a positive claim, again placing the burden of proof on him.

I figured it would be best to make my earlier request. After all, if we're playing a game, we might as well all be playing by the same rule book.
Judas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:07 PM   #56
Alan

Saying "believing Santa Claus exists is bullshit" is not a fucking positive claim, you dipshit.

How would you fucking positively prove that Santa Claus doesn't exist?
Are you this dense?
real classy
Old 04-06-2011, 12:24 AM   #57
Judas

If you had half as much reading comprehension as you claim to have experience with logic, you'd realize how laughable it is that you are the one calling me "dense." If you'll notice, I never said that any of those examples were correct.

I'm asking for help for a reason. I'm willing to learn from my mistakes. The only thing that someone calling me stupid for being wrong without actually trying to teach shows me is that they are a fool. Are you a fool, Alan?
Old 04-06-2011, 06:31 AM   #58
Alan

I am. You're clearly just trolling me and I keep foolishly trying to shove reason down your throat.
real classy
Old 04-06-2011, 07:29 AM   #59
Despanan

Alan, it's very clearly a sock-puppet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #60
Ben Lahnger

Alan, it's not only very clearly a sock-puppet, but it's current raison d'être seems to be getting a rise out of you.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:01 PM   #61
Judas

He argued with me, and I tend to hang onto arguments. If it had been ape descendent who I got into this argument with, you'd be saying that my reason to be would be to get a rise out of him rather than Alan.

But I suppose it's easier for people to call other "troll" and "sock puppet" than it is to pretend that one has the capability to teach them a thing or two.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:55 PM   #62
Solumina

AD has girly bits not a penis, at least as far as I know.

You aren't exactly an awesome teacher so it also makes more sense to call you a sock puppet.

Besides all is Mir and Mir is all.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #63
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judas View Post
If it had been ape descendent who I got into this argument with, you'd be saying that my reason to be would be to get a rise out of him rather than Alan.
As many threads as you've interacted with and as many posts as you've made, you should know AD is a her, not a HIM. If you were half as good at reading posts as you are at typing responses (and that's not asking much), you WOULD know that.

This is more evidence that you're a troll, sock-puppet or otherwise negatively-engaged entity.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #64
Judas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
AD has girly bits not a penis, at least as far as I know.
Oh, well, my mistake. I've had very little interaction with her, so it wasn't exactly obvious.

Quote:
You aren't exactly an awesome teacher so it also makes more sense to call you a sock puppet.
I never claimed to be an awesome teacher, or any kind of teacher. I asked to be taught.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #65
nobodygoth

O.k., regardless of whether or not I am believed, I am going to weigh in.
Take this for what it is worth, but I am a Medium.
I do communicate with the dead, I do read Photos and can see into the past.
I have seen with my own eyes (sorry, I was Not hallucinating), Full Body Apparitions, that look as solid as a living person.
This is just something I am able to do, like anyone else is good at something.
This is a Genetic thing too, so I am Not able to just switch it off.
It is always there, even if it does subside from time to time.
Sometimes, things happen when the timing is right.
My home is also an EMF Hot Zone, which means that it enables Spirits to pass through unaided, but it gives them the energy to do so.
Some Spirits are more Vocal and Communicative than others.
Some just pass through with No communication whatsoever.
I have been spoken to, had full length Conversations with Spirits, I have been yelled and screamed at, slapped, kicked, hit, had my hair pulled, scared out of my wits a couple of times and have even been physically assaulted by one Nasty at least once.
I have also communicated with and continue to do so, long dead Relations and Loved Ones, who stop in to look after me and assist me with some of my Family Work that I sometimes do.
In 2009, I saw the Spirit of my Long Deceased Grandfather.
I honestly did think I was going Nuts and took about 3 weeks for me to sort it all out in my own mind, before saying anything to my Family about it.
I did take some Equipment and did try to capture something.
I got at least one EVP, but upon clean up, it was something in Italian.
I believe it was my Grandfather.
I personally, in my own mind, think that he is waiting on my Beloved and Sainted Grandmother to pass before he goes on.
I think he wants to go with her, so they are together.
They were Married for 50+ years.
Theirs is a True Love Story.
nobodygoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:16 AM   #66
Dr.Faustust

I came late to this topic but her Is a briefing on my thoughts on this matter. First that movie is a dramatization of a real occurance . An unentertaining one at that. It is a real occurrence , despite your faith or lack there of , things live and die there energy goes every where into the air and objects around us . In the event of a peace full death there imprint on there environment is small due to being relaxed no problem.in the event of a violent or tragic death it is a biger imprint cause there is more strain on the soul body etc. Human beings have alot of untapped abilities , most people don't believe in the supernatural because they fail to witness anything themselves . One reason is most people are not sensitive to the subtlety of the spiritual realms or there natural shields are to high to be effected when around the basic of specters. For a diffent aspect to the question simply believing in something brings it into being. That's why gods demand worship the more your existence is being acknowledged the realer you become.
Dr.Faustust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:08 PM   #67
FistsofFury

I've always been interested in ghosts and the paranormal. And from everything I've gathered (television basically-_-) here is a quick rundown of things half of me believes:

=Ghosts can haunt/possess/hook into people, places, and objects. But only one of the three.
=Psychic echoes are not spirits they are different.
=A dead person becomes a ghost if they refuse to go through a mysterious smoky tunnel after death
=Immediately after death a soul can hang around the living world for a bit but eventually they most go 'into the light' or risk being stuck on Earth
=People that commit suicide are more likely to become ghosts.

I don't know shit I'm talking out of my ass, but half of me believes it!

*Edit: Oh yeah I loved this site, a list of haunted places with stories.
FistsofFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 AM   #68
PorlNecklace

Got to love Alan's adherence to the Socratic method, just tell people they are inferior idiots who should shut the fuck up... Now, this is just my humble opinion, I'm well aware that most people are more intelligent than I, but perhaps emotional belligerence is just as, if not more detrimental to the pursuit of knowledge, than even the most unempirical assertations?
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #69
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorlNecklace View Post
Got to love Alan's adherence to the Socratic method, just tell people they are inferior idiots who should shut the fuck up... Now, this is just my humble opinion, I'm well aware that most people are more intelligent than I, but perhaps emotional belligerence is just as, if not more detrimental to the pursuit of knowledge, than even the most unempirical assertations?
Really deeply entrenched groupthink here. Bunch of mediocre intellects believing themselves to be enlightened because they accrued large debts to be told that racism and sexism are bad, and rich people might be evil.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 AM   #70
Apathy's_Child

It's not so much groupthink as the fact that a lot of people here are more about the winning than the discussion. In a thread with a topic like this one, I'm comfortable with that, although it is one of the reasons I can rarely be bothered to get heavily involved in the political discussions on here (apart from the fact that if I'm gonna be assed to sit down & write several thousand words on something, most likely that shit ain't gonna be for Gnet).

Anyway, Elystan, don't get all prolier-than-thou just 'cause these most of these guys are in school. Apart from the fact that that "damn collitch kids" shit makes you sound anti-intellectual and therefore dumb, I never finished college and I'm one of the most awesome people here.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #71
Elystan

Come at me bro
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #72
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorlNecklace View Post
How cute, you think Elystan hasn't publicly shown a level of dumbfuckery that would break the spirits of even the most idealist among us.
How long have you been here?
Haven't you realized that my biggest flaw is exactly the opposite? That I'm the one who keeps trying to debate someone when all other members have realized that someone is either a troll or an idiot with his fingers on his ears?
Shouldn't that tell you something about Elystan when even I don't bother anymore?
real classy
Old 01-20-2012, 02:06 AM   #73
Elystan

I see you're having trouble with basic chronology now.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #74
Alan

Explain. You're not getting away with just pretending you actually had a meaningful observation right there.
real classy
Old 01-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #75
PorlNecklace

Elystan? I was actually referring to your treatment of Judas, who although resorting to insults as well, seemed more civil until you drew him/her into that realm of conduct. Aside of which I happen to agree with your particular view, and am most sympathetic concerning this alternate matter. While returning to what Elystan said of myself, I have no clue how liberalism, ie: sexism, racism and groupthink relate to my post; which solely compressed my opinion, that the alignment of personal identity with ideological platform, is no less irrational or metaphysical than profession of faith in the supernatural. On the contrary, I'm actually quite Conservative and extremely critical of University Liberalism! So its quite befuddling to read a statement I agree with entirely and might as well have written, used against myself! So as you said Alan, either a troll or idiot, who I'm certain failed to read my post before conjuring a strawman.
PorlNecklace is offline   Reply With Quote