Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #26
Catch

I've decided that Emo's are like Uber Goths, that are trying to be cute, spunky and well-like. Essentially that after thought of Ubers who are openly hateful, hated and a-sexual.

It is a good move really. Seeing the evolution of Ubers. It is so cute how Emoes also deny being Emo. Just like Ubers deny being Ubers. Yes, somehow disguising their total lack of faith in anyone and distaste for "normal" people and their pathetic way of passing off their gross misconduct and trying to enforce hatred amongst everyone by using the bible which in fact they would opening admit they don't even believe in God, so essentially oppressing people with an outdated book written over 12,000 years ago in their slimy attempts to continue ****** women and sodimizing children.

So now Ubers wear cute multi-colored striped things every once in awhile. It's like a whole new culture.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:41 PM   #27
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Because the "emos" have stolen the punk and goth thunder. They just made alternative fashion so amazingly awesome that no one else will ever be able to top it.

Great job, scene kids. Way to ruin it for everyone. mopes*
They have? Really? So what? Who thinks so? People who do not understand the differences between Emo vs Goth? Do they even matter? Those people usually believe any drivel that is shoveled their way and long after you're dead and gone, those people will still be around.

If I had a penny for every time I say a new "I hate emo" thread on this board, I'd be filthy fucking rich.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:05 PM   #28
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
If I had a penny for every time I say a new "I hate emo" thread on this board, I'd be filthy fucking rich.
Come on man, there's only around 800 threads on this board.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:49 AM   #29
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Because the "emos" have stolen the punk and goth thunder. They just made alternative fashion so amazingly awesome that no one else will ever be able to top it.

Great job, scene kids. Way to ruin it for everyone. mopes*

lol! Awww! "They nicked our idea! *sulk*" lmao!

Okay, to clarify, I don't think that they are "cool", but then I don't think that the majority of people (other than most goths) are "cool" either. Being "cool" is an elite club, if too many people were, it wouldn't be "cool" any more. That being said, I don't have the energy or inclination to hate anyone...example:

Over the Xmas hols, I was getting off a bus with my kids. Chav girl pushes on bus. A full frontal barge, not a shoulder. Now I don't tolerate rudeness, so I tell her in a loud voice that she could have waited until everyone had left the bus. Predictably, she called me a bitch (yes? and?), so I just turned to her and said "face? Bovvered?"* and laughed. You see, she wasn't cool, but I sure as hell don't waste any energy hating the poor deluded soul.

*I'm not going to explain the "bovvered" expression, those of you who have seen the Catherine Tate show in the UK will understand. If anyone feels the need to explain it, feel free :-D

By the way, I love it here...disagreements happen and we have a great deal of fun debating the issue!
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #30
Smile

Um, don't we "emo-haters" have as much a right to hate ankle-choker jeans wearing-Screamo shirt donning-Goth/punk inspired folks as much as Emo-lovers/Emos have a right to love their music/lifestyle?

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #31
MollyMac

I love Imo's. St. Louis thin crust "pizza". It practically cuts itself.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 AM   #32
Dark Clarissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile
Um, don't we "emo-haters" have as much a right to hate ankle-choker jeans wearing-Screamo shirt donning-Goth/punk inspired folks as much as Emo-lovers/Emos have a right to love their music/lifestyle?

Anyone can hate whoever they want, just don't expect me to hate along with you :-D ***dances off back to happy land***
Dark Clarissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:58 AM   #33
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
There's a word for that. It's called Misanthropy (the hatred of humans). And yes, a great deal of people do suck, but no one group deserves more contempt than the rest.
Thinking most people suck is being realistic, not misanthropic. Misanthropy is hating humans in general. Hating assholes isn't misanthropy.

HumanePain: I also love Hawthorne Heights.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 AM   #34
Rotting Corpse

I find emo boys quite sexy lol.And,there is a Gothic subculture that is called "Gothic Emo". Besides the difference (where did I put the FREAKING dictionary?) between Gothic and emo are not that big(they remind me of the Mopey Goths,always sad etc).
Rotting Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #35
Kanedawg

I had a nice enough girl introduce herself to me as emo once in Roswell, but I'm not even sure what emos are to be honest. But then I don't socialize a whole lot. Eh, labels.
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #36
Darcnyss

I don't hate EMOs. Heck, I don't really hate any musical subculture. It's just that a lot of people confuse Emo with Goth.

Back in the early 90s when I initially got into the goth scene, people saw all goths as depressed people into cutting themselves for attention. Well, the Emos seem to have taken over that label now. The sad thing is that this label is true for most Emos I've actually met...
Darcnyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:51 AM   #37
Methadrine

Emos are cool when they're dead. A bit stiff though.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:30 AM   #38
Darklight689

I dont mind emo but i HATE it when people mistake me for emo...not enough goths in my area. I have nothing personally against them its just the kids who cut for attention and whine when they have it all saying how they have it so hard that really ticks me off. other then that i have had emo friends before
Darklight689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #39
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
The same can be said for goths and well, just about everyone else.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #40
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Come on man, there's only around 800 threads on this board.

I'm broke so yeah, relative to my own financial situation, filthy fucking rich sounds about right. ha.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #41
Delkaetre

£8 sounds like a fortune?
Hmm. Given I'm overdrawn by a couple hundred and the only actual physical cash I have is Northern Irish, we're in about the same boat. I do wish I knew why English shops won't accept Northern Irish money. It's all pound sterling, it's just that some notes look different!

Also, to be on-topic... Emokids can do whatever they want as long as they don't give goths a bad rep and don't get under my feet or in way when I'm heading somewhere.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #42
Rotting Corpse

Yeah it sucks when they mistake you for an emo.I'm the only goth in my school and usully people call me emo...But those people would't recognise a goth if he smacked them in the face....
Rotting Corpse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #43
Mir

Ha, I have lurked around this board for almost a year and although I don't post much anymore, I do read a lot of the stuff that gets posted. I just got so tired of the "emos suck" rants that I just thought I'd do something I haven't seen done here before.

And yeah, while I may not be the richest man alive, that was just a tongue in cheek, tit for tat kind of response to Gothicusmaximus. Going out is freaking expensive though and so I don't tend to do a lot of that. Hanging out and playing crummy guitar with friends and getting cheap beer/Jack Daniels is the preferred alternative.

Irish money? Try changing it at your local bank branch. I'm sure you won't have a problem doing so.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 AM   #44
Delkaetre

It's cheap enough to go out if you know the right places and don't mind sticking to lemonade or lager instead of real booze.
I can make £20 last a full night, including door fee, at most places.
£5 in, leaves £15. £12 for a round of drinks, assuming we're not at Invocation. Leaves £3. £3 will pay for the nightbus to and from wherever you are in London, assuming you have an oyster card.
Trust the penniless student.
Though, okay, hanging around at home is still a lot cheaper unless you're ordering a decent amount of pizza or Chinese.

Tomorrow I may be indeed taking a trip to whatever the nearest bank is to see if they'll change it. Last time I tried that, they told me "It's pounds sterling, there's no reason for us to change it". Gotta love it, eh?
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:57 AM   #45
Mir

I usually end up spending over 50 pounds every time I go out but then again, I don't go out as much so it all evens out in the end.

Staying in: 15 pounds for Pizza, 17 pounds for a bottle of Jack and another 1.50 for a bottle of coke. Shit. I spend too much money and then wonder why I'm broke at the end of the month. *laughs*

By the by, aren't shop keepers dictated by law to accept currency in pound sterling?

And just to stay on topic, I love all you emo folks!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #46
Delkaetre

Yes, but the average till monkey sees something that's quite clearly not English Pound Sterling as they know it (how many people have been to NI, realistically, to recognise it?) and assumes that the customer is trying to pull a fast one.

on topic- what creative fringes they have, in all the colours of the rainbow, with stripes and pictures stencilled over the hairspray...
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #47
Mir

I don't really care for appearances or I don't really have an eye for detail but to be fair, that does sound interesting. Not something I would do, mind you but still, I think it would probably look great on someone else.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 AM   #48
Delkaetre

Skinny emo boys with Fringe Of DOOOOOOM can manage it, kinda. Spray-stencil on a pink star to go with today's t-shirt, sort of thing.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #49
zeronegativeplus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
Dude, you are so freaking funny, I swear. LOL
zeronegativeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #50
Jackula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotting Corpse
Yeah it sucks when they mistake you for an emo.I'm the only goth in my school and usully people call me emo...But those people would't recognise a goth if he smacked them in the face....
I can relate completely!!!

When the school year first started, I knew not everyone was going to accept the way I look. However, I did NOT expect anyone to confuse me with "emo". I guess I gave my fellow peers more credit than they deserved.

As far as my opinion with emos...I haven't really formed one. I know it started out as something completely different than what it is today. Emo really doesn't mean anything to me anymore and I just avoid the subject whenever it comes up.

I don't hate them and I don't like them.
Jackula is offline   Reply With Quote