Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #201
Soul_Immortal

Yes, childbearing takes a toll on the tautness of a woman's belly. Nivea Body Reshaping Treatment seems to work. I've been using it for a week, its helping, so far. Costly,....$10 is something I can spend on two packs of diapers, but the Nivea^ was my splurge, and there are plenty of diapers. Sorry to make this sound like it belongs in Shill!! Really!

I don't really like my body either. There are childhood scars on my upper back and some on my legs. I am a curvy woman, yet I have broad hips that cradle a semi-flat stomach. I have a Jennifer Lopez butt.
Yeah, the consolation for being puerto rican! A huge ass!

Wearing dresses is hell because my top is 2 sizes smaller than my bottom. My hair is black with natural red highlights, thick, long and I am forbid to cut it...BTW, I was looking into trying the blue/black shade from L'oreal, ladies

*Soul*
Old 05-22-2005, 04:49 PM   #202
edible_eye

soul - no matter what you think, you're an uber-milf.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #203
OnixxFilth

Hehe, I used to hate my ass. My boyfriend told me it was big, and I said,"I thought guys were supposed to like big butts!", to which he replied,"Well, I'm not black!" Ouch! I was sooo ready to slap him both for the racist comment and the diss to my butt! I don't care anymore about what he thinks- I like it the way it is! :lol:
OnixxFilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:10 AM   #204
spyderkl

"Body image issues"? Oh yeah, I have 'em. I have lots of curves, but the curves are pretty big. I used to have issues with my ass (I've been told I have a "black girl's butt", and not in a mean way) until I had a talk with my then-boyfriend.

"I like your ass."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Because it's attached to the rest of you."

I married him. His opinion and mine are the only ones I give a shit about.
spyderkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #205
WolfMoon

I have to take a line from Sir Mixalot and say:

I like big butts and I cannot lie!!!

8)
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 PM   #206
Corpus_Draconis

Contrary to what the media seems to be telling everyone to do (fucking media, leave everyone alone), I would like to gain weight, but in a healthy way. I'm tired of being a stick. I look at some of the women from old paintings or even from the earlier part of the 20th century, and I think "now they look healthy," and I look at the women on the the fashion magazines and think "What a birch tree"

I also have a problem with tanning. I can never be pale enough, and I already use the palest or second palest foundation I can find. I've started applying grated radish to my arms and face, cuz I heard that radish/radish water has skin bleaching agents in it. I hope it works. I also heard it prevents blackheads, which is a good thing.

I also have an issue with zits. I've cut back on foundation, but I feel really ugly when I walk out the door.

The only problem with gaining weight would be that I wouldn't be able to fit into one of my favourite pair of pants anymore; they're already almost too small.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 08:54 PM   #207
creepylittleshit

I have alot of trouble keeping weight at times. I run around like a chicken with its head cut off most of the time so sometimes my body starts eating itself (when you break out in a cold sweat, start shaking, and you hear your stomach yelling at you, eat something because you approaching consumption) I mean its not like I don't eat. I'm always trying to eat something. I feel your pain Corpus.

I take ensure (a meal supplement) with my meals and it seems to keep the food in my body long enough. If you do that you will definetly be able to keep some weight on.
creepylittleshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 09:12 PM   #208
Corpus_Draconis

dunno. I often don't have the self-control to eat even when I'm quite hungry... If my parents aren't around to drag me downstairs for meals, I always get wrapped up in whatever I'm doing and practically forget to eat, so I look up at the clock, 'Oh, it's 10:00. I should have supper." I guess that's a good thing about having parents around.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 04:28 AM   #209
skoteinh

I wish I could forget to eat some times... I don't know how you people do it. I understand it is a problem, but I just can't get it.

I have a big round bottom myself, and I used to have a problem with that. But my boyfriend took this all away. He likes my curves.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #210
OnixxFilth

I feel like some kind of a freak because I often make the conscious decision not to eat, even if I'm starving. I seem to have this outmoded perception that it's not ladylike to eat a lot. It's served me well so far, as I'm maintaing a normal weight and, while I may be miserably hungry, I'd rather be that than be full and have my stomach pooching out like I'm in the early months of pregnancy (which it does everytime I eat until I'm full). I suppose it's because I'm only like 125 and have a very thin bone structure to begin with. I'm not anorexic or bulimic or anything.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:13 AM   #211
morbid_love

alot of issues start out with the people you are with every day. I am self-conscious about my body because when I was little my mom used to call me an elephant, and just last week I modeled a new skirt for her oppinion (bad idea) and she just looked at me and asked "Have you gained weight? You really need to go on a diet." My friend Joe is terribly skinny and when he's upset he'll come up to me and grab my arm or stomach and starts teasing me about my chub to cheer himself up. These things start to impact your image of yourself! I'm not overly overweight, but its upsetting when one of my friends who clearly has more body fat then I do and isnt afraid to show it off says she weighs less then me. I blame my big bones. I literally cant touch my fingers around my wrist.
morbid_love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #212
Morbideus

I could lose a few to be perfectly honest, but I'm a guy, and really don't give a shit.

On topic though, my Wife is a big woman. Not necessarily one of those "Oh my god it moves!!" kind of big, but she is a big woman by most anyone's standards, and I love Her to Death. I would walk on my knees accross broken glass into the fires of Hell for Her. Weight really doesn't mean shit.

I just wanted to say that.
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:52 AM   #213
OnixxFilth

I'm glad to hear there are actually men out there who like women who aren't anorexic little sticks. My boyfriend isn't what you'd call a hunk or anything, but even though he's a little on the heavy side, I still love him. I think of it as there being more of him to love! Also, he makes a nice pillow! :lol:
Old 06-01-2005, 10:29 PM   #214
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
I'm glad to hear there are actually men out there who like women who aren't anorexic little sticks. My boyfriend isn't what you'd call a hunk or anything, but even though he's a little on the heavy side, I still love him. I think of it as there being more of him to love! Also, he makes a nice pillow! :lol:
I think climate makes a difference as well. Bigger people give off more heat, that's just physics. In a hot area, or for the person who is a "summer person" they would want someone who looks good in a bathing suit, and it's not uncomfortable to get close to in hot weather. But for us colder climate types, there is NOTHING better than wrapping yourself under the covers with a big warm soft woman on a cold winter night!
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:46 AM   #215
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
My ex-boyfriend did basically the same thing. He defintily made me feel better about myself.

Which, actually, still holds true now. I guess knowing that at one point in tme you wer sexy to someone makes feeling sexy agian easier.

Oh, and 'm also a big lady. And I'm honestly not really looking to change it much, except to maybe get back down to a healthier weight.

I have my bad days, but who doesn't? I'm sure even the prettiest woman alive looks in the mirror somedays and sees an ugly woman on occasion.

And I'll jsut put in my own little observation. Everyone is beautiful. Really. Everybody cleans up nicely. So if you want to feel pretty, then a good first step is to wear clothes that look nice. the second step is convinicng yourself they look nice on you, but that's really something you have to do for yourself. Others can really only encourage you.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #216
WolfMoon

Actually, I think people should be made to watch the show "What Not To Wear" they normally have great tips for making anybody of any size look good.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 PM   #217
OnixxFilth

Yeah, sometimes all it takes to make a woman look beautiful is the right clothes and the right makeup. I always wear a thick, black line of eyeliner on my upper eyelids. It's way more than I've seen most non-goth people wear, but I've been told it accents my blue eyes really dramatically.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:26 PM   #218
dreamydancer

I don't really like anything about myself. I have wide feet (it runs in my family) but at least they've stopped growing. I love open toed high heels and classic pumps but it's rare to I find something that fits me. My feet burst out and it's not pretty or comfortable either. But at least I can still wear knee high platform boots, so then no one can see my ugly man feet.

I have one of those fat unattractive noses. Kids at school poked fun at me for years. It bothers me so much sometimes that I consider going through plastic surgery. It makes me feel so shallow and I wish that I didn't care.

I have really bad skin. My skin is allergic to a number of things. I get an easy tan. I have a daily routine of massaging my skin with prescription ointment where ever it is bothering me. Sometimes I don't even know where it comes from. I have really bad acne. I hope I'm not going to be one of those 30 year olds still dealing with pimples. But I've been using Proactive for four years and it keeps my skin clear. Yes, that stuff on TV, go ahead and laugh. It works like a charm!

Considering I live in America's fattest city, I like food and I am a very well fed person. It comes with the obvious consequence. I'm slightly chubby, but I think I deserve to be really fat with the way I eat sometimes. I could easily drop twenty pounds and be fine but I would lose some of "my twins."

My hair is thick and frizzy. It always flies away when I try to fix it. It takes work to tame it. It's so horrible sometimes it's like a black person's hair. It's kind of weak and I get split ends easily. I could just cut my hair short and I'd make the perfect Filipino man. :oops:

I don't have the prettiest teeth. My front teeth are slightly crooked. It
really disgusts me sometimes, but I'm not willing to deal with braces.

Alot of people say that I look like exactly Siouxsie Sioux but with a different nose. I don't believe them.

What is really odd is that I have perfect boobs but no butt.

Sometimes people should shut up and be thankful for the most simplest and pathetic of physical traits.

Still, it would mean the world to me to look almost perfect.
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 10:48 PM   #219
Panther

When you feel that way, there's no 'almost perfect'.

What color are your eyes? Do you like your hands? Pretty ears?

Think about what's good. I could sit here all day and say 'this is ugly, this is fat, this is that way. . . " and feel like shit.

Or I can sit here and say, 'My eyes are an awesome color, I have perfectly shaped breasts, I have a cute, if a bit lumpy and large, arse, have long, if chubby legs, and my hands are really small and cute.' and not feel so much like shit.

It's all about persepective. I know it's hard to do at first, but look in the mirror one day and try to find things about yourself that are beautiful. Watch the way your lips move when you talk, study your eyes, watch your hands move. . .you'll see, if you look with the proper eyes, that your body is a marvel above any other, and a masterpiece that no artist can ever hope to top, just simulate.

Everybody is beautiful. The trick is to know where to look.
cottage?
Old 06-05-2005, 12:16 AM   #220
Granny-like_the_apple

I have body image issues-well, one overarching issue-and I'm finally doing something about it aside from just joining a sports team once a year and feeling out of shape throughout the season. By the end of summer or something I'll be able to fit into my jeans from a few years ago. Which aren't even that small. UGH. (Panther, you made good points, but I simply can't do that. I fucking hate being fat. And I'm neither looking for, nor do I want, people here to tell me I'm not or some shit like that.)

Going back to Wolfmoon's post, my mom's trying to get my aunt onto What Not to Wear, and if she succeeds, I'm probably going to be one of the people picking out new outfits for her. TV stardom, here I come!

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Granny-like_the_apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:51 AM   #221
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
Sometimes people should shut up and be thankful for the most simplest and pathetic of physical traits.

That was really well said!
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 05:28 PM   #222
dreamydancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer

That was really well said!
Really, or are you just making fun of me?

I think it sounds like a first grader wrote it.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #223
dreamydancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
When you feel that way, there's no 'almost perfect'.

What color are your eyes? Do you like your hands? Pretty ears?

Think about what's good. I could sit here all day and say 'this is ugly, this is fat, this is that way. . . " and feel like shit.

Or I can sit here and say, 'My eyes are an awesome color, I have perfectly shaped breasts, I have a cute, if a bit lumpy and large, arse, have long, if chubby legs, and my hands are really small and cute.' and not feel so much like shit.

It's all about persepective. I know it's hard to do at first, but look in the mirror one day and try to find things about yourself that are beautiful. Watch the way your lips move when you talk, study your eyes, watch your hands move. . .you'll see, if you look with the proper eyes, that your body is a marvel above any other, and a masterpiece that no artist can ever hope to top, just simulate.

Everybody is beautiful. The trick is to know where to look.
Thankyou!
That sounds like the advice my mom would give me. I wish I could believe it.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:50 PM   #224
Panther

*nods and pets*

That is, indeed, the hard part.

Try the thing with the mirror, I definitly think that'll help you out a bit.

If not that, try to locate a book called 'feel good naked'.

That thing helped me out even before I opened it because I used it as a mouse pad and the words I saw before i went to bed, and as soona s I went into my room were 'feel good naked'. Silly little things like that can make the difference. ANd it has good advice for boosting self esteem, as well.

*hugs* good luck, honey.
cottage?
Old 06-06-2005, 11:10 AM   #225
OnixxFilth

Hmm, I think there was an article in a recent issue of Cosmopolitan about how to feel more comfortable naked. It took me years to be comfortable with my own nudity. I used to be embarrassed to be naked even in front of a lover, but now I'm totally comfortable with it. I still hate my nose, though. It's really big, but I wouldn't get plastic surgery. One, it'd be way too expensive, and two, I believe God gave it to me for a reason, albeit one I can't figure out.