Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #6376
Geoluhread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Excuse me while I gush about new kitty Malificent:

She's camera shy.
She's adorable *_*
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #6377
Black Spiral Dancer

This is the latest pic of me, taken on saturday at our local club.

Black Spiral Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 PM   #6378
Angelic Dissonance2

KITTEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that Taoism stated that nothing positive could exist without the negative, and that the flux is simply a constant state of the universe trying to remain balanced [which it does, according to physics, keeping everything at "0"].

According to Wikipedia, "Taoist philosophy generally discounts good/bad distinctions and other dichotomous moral judgments, in preference to the idea of balance."

"Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.

Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime."

Maybe it's not as bad as you think.
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #6379
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post

I thought that Taoism stated that nothing positive could exist without the negative, and that the flux is simply a constant state of the universe trying to remain balanced [which it does, according to physics, keeping everything at "0"].

According to Wikipedia, "Taoist philosophy generally discounts good/bad distinctions and other dichotomous moral judgments, in preference to the idea of balance."

"Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity and nighttime.

Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and aggressive; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime."

That was my take on it, as well. I don't see how relating feminine things to darkness or night time/the moon is a bad connotation. The balance is what I meant. That there needs to be good as well as bad or how would we know the difference? Maybe I'm thinking more of the philosophy than the religious practice?

Also, giving birth is worse than getting kicked in the nuts. It would probably be an extremely rare and powerful kick to do the kind of damage that birth does to a woman. If it was a horse or a cow kick in the nuts then it might be equal. That might tear and stretch the skin like childbirth.

Anyway, Saya, your kitty is beautiful! Please spam the board with pix of her so I can have a kitty vicariously through you!

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #6380
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Dissonance2 View Post

Taoism isn't based on yin yang theory. Yin yang theory is hooey because it says things that manifest as yin and yang become each other. Its based on the seasons, winter becomes spring becomes summer becomes fall, and it asserts that all things are like the seasons, as yin and yang wax and wane. But we know it doesn't work that way. A king doesn't become less a king and more of a peasant based on his yin-yang balance.

Taoism states that all originate from the Tao and all perceived opposites don't really exist. Its not balance Taoism advocates, its unity. All things originate from the Tao and we can't really explain what the Tao is in conventional language. Taoists were kind of the first primitivists, in that they believed that because we moved away from nature when we stopped living in hunter-gatherer tribes, we fell out of accord with the Tao. The way to living in accord to the Tao is to recognize the nonduality of all things. Wikipedia is a piss poor source, they say yin yang came from the Tao Te Ching but this is what they're quoting:

The Tao gives birth to One.
One gives birth to Two.
Two gives birth to Three.
Three gives birth to all things.

All things have their backs to the female
and stand facing the male.
When male and female combine,
all things achieve harmony.

Ordinary men hate solitude.
But the Master makes use of it,
embracing his aloneness, realizing
he is one with the whole universe.

Nothing about things becoming more female or more male as energy waxes and wanes. Plus it was written after yin yang theory came about. Religious Taoists put more faith into yin yang theory, as well as gods and legends and ancestor worship, and yin yang isn't even special to Taoism, its a Chinese theory that most religions adapted to.

Feminine characteristics were pretty bad in a society with Confucian misogynist values, Wolfie, don't think that Chinese philosophers were early goths who valued death and darkness :P

PS I will get more pictures of Malificent, but she doesn't like to pose for me and she keeps hiding from Mercedes.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #6381
Angelic Dissonance2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya View Post
when male and female combine,
all things achieve harmony.

Ordinary men hate solitude.
But the master makes use of it,
ololololololloololololololololololloololololololol olol
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #6382
Timeless Rebellion

I decided to try the black look

Open

Closed
Forget me not, and keep my memory.
Timeless Rebellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #6383
Grausamkeit

Black looks good on you.

Old 08-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #6384
Timeless Rebellion

Thanks Gausamkeit
Old 08-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #6385
Spooky Spencer

When everything in your closet is the same color, mixing and matching is easy.
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #6386
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
This is a good thing for people like me who can't accessorize by coordinating colors.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #6387
Timeless Rebellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
You'd be surprised :P
"Hmm, does these pants match my jacket... does this go with a tie... does this call for a shirt or a regular t-shirt?"
And.. I do have some colours.. I think... o.o
Old 08-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #6388
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Rebellion View Post
And.. I do have some colours.. I think... o.o
But.... why?!
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #6389
Timeless Rebellion

I'm not sure, those days where black is just too hot :P
Old 08-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #6390
Catch

I'm going to have to agree. Black isn't really your color. There should be another color closer to your face Timeless.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #6391
Grausamkeit

No, Bex, that's not what anyone implied. We said he looked good. If you pay attention next time there will be a banana in it for you.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #6392
Timeless Rebellion

Grausamkeit - I think she misread the part where I said black was my colour :P By the way, how on earth is one supposed to pronounde your name? >_< I have been trying, and I have come up with Graw-sam-kit. Is that close?
Old 08-14-2011, 07:00 PM   #6393
Grausamkeit

Name?

GROU(ow)-ZUM-Kite

At least that's how it's sung. You can call me either 'Graus'(grouse) or 'Wolfie' if you want, hun.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #6394
Xombie

Hahaha, summertime.

I don't usually wear those rashguards. I was auditing in my waterpark that day, which pretty much means pretending to drown and throwing toddler mannequins in the pools to see if the lifeguards will save us. It also allows me to be a fucking hooligan and break all of the rules so the guards yell at me. Funnnn days at work.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 PM   #6395
Vince

Hehe, sounds like fun, Xombie. And this is why the Picture Post threads have always been my favourite. xD

Oh and love the tat.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:39 PM   #6396
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Hmm I don't seem to remember a tat there Xombie. Is it new, or has my memory merely failed me? Either way I believe a better look at it is in order.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:16 AM   #6397
ZyklonB

She just recently got it this summer, iirc. Not too long ago. It's wicked rad.
ZyklonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #6398
Grausamkeit

Cute pic, Xombie. Nice arm candy. Never could resist a pair of brown eyes, myself.

Okay...what's a rashgaurd?

Old 08-15-2011, 10:00 AM   #6399
Xombie

I've had the tattoo for a little over two weeks. There's a picture (or two, I think I messed up) in the tattoos and piercings thread.

I'll never see those brown eyes in person ever again. He was one of many Dorney Park employees who are shipped over from other countries, and they're all starting to go home now that the end of summer is approaching. This particular boy is from Colombia. Ohhh, I love my Colombians.
A rashguard is that shirt thing I'm wearing.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:07 AM   #6400
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie View Post
I've had the tattoo for a little over two weeks. There's a picture (or two, I think I messed up) in the tattoos and piercings thread.

I'll never see those brown eyes in person ever again. He was one of many Dorney Park employees who are shipped over from other countries, and they're all starting to go home now that the end of summer is approaching. This particular boy is from Colombia. Ohhh, I love my Colombians.
A rashguard is that shirt thing I'm wearing.
As a half Colombian myself, I've actually been noticing that people's interest in Colombians have been increasing as of late.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote