Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
RedSilk

Question Goth meeting places in London

Hello everybody!

I'm new here and ask you from our best meeting places in London. I'm in London only for few weeks. I search for me and my friend the ideal place that is open all day, and cheap. We are looking for a goth café, pub...
Thanks for your answers.
RedSilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:37 AM   #2
Delkaetre

Yeah, we're running out of those.

Decent pubs include Big Red up on Holloway Road, and while they're not goth or alternative pubs I've always found The Black Horse just off Oxford Street, and Quinns up toward Kentish Town in Camden to be welcoming, comfortable, reasonably priced, and without obnoxiously loud music.

The World's End in Camden is horribly expensive and has a serious theft problem- quite a few friends report things going missing there. The Devonshire Arms, now The Hobgoblin, used to be pretty good but it's really gone downhill since the change in management.

If you just want something to do all day, there's a great selection of museums up around Euston. The Wellcome Collection's always good, especially Henry Wellcome's personal collection, and if you can get to it the Grant Museum is tiny and awesomely full of little dead things. The Hunterian's pretty good as well, or you could just go visit the London Library, British Library, British Museum, Victoria & Albert, Tate, Tate Modern, Imperial War Museum or Science Museum. They all have some really interesting stuff, and I think they're all free entry.

You'll have to find your own cafes. Beyond suggesting the tattier looking shisha cafes in Camden for tasty mint tea and a bit of peace, I can't offer much. My favoured places have all closed or remodelled.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:39 AM   #3
RedSilk

Thank you for the information, I look after those places
RedSilk is offline   Reply With Quote