Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

View Poll Results: Which is better?
the Addams Family 15 55.56%
the Munsters 2 7.41%
the Twilight Zone 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-24-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
HerGhostInTheFog

old t.v. shows

i'm just seeing what people like more
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
Nemo_Infinity

Well, The Addams Family, of course. Why? Because it has much better jokes than the other two.

/Z8
Nemo_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Morpheus_Noctifer

My personal preference is for the Addams Family. It's hard to compare the Twighlight Zone with the other two, as it's the only drama of the three. But the Addamses are much funnier than the Munsters; although each presents a unique dynamic in a gothic/monster-based sit-com family.

That and I've always had a crush on Carolyn Jones.
Morpheus_Noctifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:51 PM   #4
.BatteryPoison.

Twilight Zone; because many of the shows were well written by people with endless imaginations. That alone made it just that much more interesting to watch. Not only that, but there's alot of variety in the shows. You're never really subjected to the same cast, nor the same premise, so it's like watching a completely new show everytime.

"I wanna skin me some fetuses and hang 'em, then chase them with hedgeclippers!" - Ice
.BatteryPoison. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 09:44 PM   #5
GothHyena

I voted for the Twilight Zone. It was just fascinating time and again in a way that the Addams Family and the Munsters just weren't. In fact, the Munsters kinda bored me a lot of the time.
GothHyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:03 AM   #6
HerGhostInTheFog

well, thank you. these just happen to be my 3 favorites, and i do think that the addams family and the munsters were pretty similar... at least for back then, they were 2 that were the most alike 2 each other. (obviously, my opinion). they were all characters that were originally scarry, althought they turned the addams family and the munsters into comedys, they couldn't been in some kinda cheesy horror film.
HerGhostInTheFog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 04:47 PM   #7
OmmadDawn

How about other shows?

I'd like to see what people thought about other shows. The Munsters was just completely commercial schtick, a ripoff of the Addams Family, which was based on a great comic strip.

There was a show called "UFO" which was 6-season summer precursor to "Space: 1999". UFO was a much better story and had much kewler costumes. And some real hotties to watch on that one. A popular video game was based on that show decades later.

I guess the problem is you never get to see it anymore, so perhaps few people here have even heard of it.

-------------------------------------------------------------
People tell me about the benefits of Optimism. And my response is, those damn optimistic bastards will kill us all.
OmmadDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:42 AM   #8
edible_eye

an old show show called "chiller". that was my favorite.

my choice of the ones listed - the muensters.

- mark
Old 07-04-2004, 06:24 PM   #9
RetroGoth_queen

Phft! Bugger those shows

What about

THE YOUNG ONES

Now thats a classic!
Old 07-04-2004, 09:13 PM   #10
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_Infinity
Well, The Addams Family, of course. Why? Because it has much better jokes than the other two.

/Z8
The human spirit is a very hard thing to break... even with a chain saw.

I voted for the twilight zone.

Retro, The Young Ones are hilarious- and Monty Python's flying Circus, or British comedy in general. Red Dwarf is another good one. I'm done.... NOW.

ok, one more:

Girl Scout: If you give me a glass of your lemonade, I'll give you a box of my girlscout cookies, but I only eat things that are 100% organic and no preservatives. Is it a deal?

Wednesday: It depends... are they made of 100% real girl scouts?
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:07 AM   #11
UnspokenThings

60s tv shows rock!

the munsters is better. The episode that featured The Standells playing, and Herman Munster does beat poetry at the end of the episode.

plus the munsters had a cooler car!

but Batman is better!!!! biff bang pow!

or the Avengers!

get smart

the monkees

star trek.

dr who

its all good!
UnspokenThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #12
SuicideJade

I agree with Jane.. Red Dwarf was good too..

As for the 3 in the poll.. i picked the Addams family.. the Munsters were a retarded bunch..
and the twilight zone used to scare the pissfire out of me when i was little.. so i didn't watch it much..
Old 08-11-2004, 03:22 AM   #13
Kingseesar

Did anyone watch the Nightstalker? I guess that was a little more recent, but not much. There was also a show called Cliffhangers where each week they would end the show with some suspenseful something or other. one segment of the show was about vampires, so I watched it every week, cause you gotta support vampire shows, right?

Oh! BTW I voted for the Adams Family too. I hear once that they were considered the healthiest family on TV because all of their problems came from outside the home. Does anyone know if that is true?

Will
Kingseesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:02 PM   #14
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingseesar
you gotta support vampire shows, right?
No you don't. Not if it's Buffy :x No offense if anyone likes her. I'm really into Vampire myths and legends, but I'm really picky about vampires in entertainment. I understand where you're coming from, though.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Old 12-23-2004, 10:43 AM   #15
WolfMoon

Whoa!

The Munsters were a rip-off of the Addams?No shit?

The Addams ~ A bunch of insane people that keep to themselves

The Munsters ~ A family of monsters that try to fit in with society

Hhhhhmmmm........................

I think that was a bit of a stretch to call it a rip-off.

Me,I couldn't choose one favorite out of the three!
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 11:00 AM   #16
Jane13

Ok... I have something to say about the outer limits- there's this one episode where this guy goes into a macheine that makes him "evolve" and he grows another finger... WRONG!! IT's proven that during the process of evolution, animals LOST digits (fingers, toes, arms, what-have-you). That's why today there is no such thing as a mamal that has more than five digits on each foot/hand/paw (except by freak of nature). ALSO- I read an article in a science magazine that I freeked out over for weeks- THE HUMAN PINKY IS DISSAPEARING! Each generation they get smaller. :oops: :oops: :oops: I'm done being a geek... for now :P
-Cinema Strange
Old 06-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #17
Pathogen.

Re: Old T.V. Shows.

I grew up watching all 3 shows & loved them equally. So there's no 1 programme out of the 3 to call my "most favourite". However, I'm with Wolfmoon on this: The Addams Family pretty much kept to themselves, whilst the Munsters attempted to fit in with a "normal society" that never truly accepted them. Then again, the Munsters had a tricked-out, cutty family car: Dragula! Gotta give Herman & the fam credit for that! And Morticia looked hella attractive than Lilly Munster. Which was a better oldschool TV programme? Still a tough call.
Pathogen. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #18
Fuckedup

adams family all the way
Fuckedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 09:15 AM   #19
Which_ones_Pink?

Young one's is so the best programme ever, Rik Mayall is brilliant!

Addams family has to be the best of those listed, but the Twighlight Zone music...I start humming that every time something wierd happens, even if I made it happen.

"Hey, my video was here a minute ago..."
"Or was it? Do do do do...(That's the tune, OK!)"
Which_ones_Pink? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 04:09 PM   #20
gingerbreadwench

Twilight Zone, Twilight Zone, Twilight Zone!

I think that the old Addams Family was my favorite show when I was four. And then when my parents went on the super-religious kick I wasn't allowed to watch it. But I digress!

Twilight Zone is one of the best shows in the history of television. I only started watching it when I was maybe 12 or 13, but I really love it. Does anyone else feel that the TZ marathon on Sci-Fi is the BEST part about New Year?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:10 PM   #21
Katshin88@Gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
Twilight Zone, Twilight Zone, Twilight Zone!

I think that the old Addams Family was my favorite show when I was four. And then when my parents went on the super-religious kick I wasn't allowed to watch it. But I digress!

Twilight Zone is one of the best shows in the history of television. I only started watching it when I was maybe 12 or 13, but I really love it. Does anyone else feel that the TZ marathon on Sci-Fi is the BEST part about New Year?
I totally agree, it's friggin' awesome! Yet I feel the New Years marathon to be a drag because I have have to go to my grandma's every year. The adults are too busy watching sports or some other crap; but I look foward to the Fourth of July episodes, do you?
Katshin88@Gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote