Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #8676
shadowynne

Oh, and yeah, it's me... phant. So?
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:35 AM   #8677
Acharis

Oh, oh! Can I be a haemmorhoid instead? Or if a bunch of people are named so, the leader of them?

I've always wanted to be a Royal Pain in the Arse.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:45 AM   #8678
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Oh, oh! Can I be a haemmorhoid instead? Or if a bunch of people are named so, the leader of them?

I've always wanted to be a Royal Pain in the Arse.
Ohhh me too! I love getting right up people's butts and making them squirm!

I'll let you lead me Acharis, as long as I can bring my buddies with us. I'm looking at you Timeless, you Danish pastry.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:49 PM   #8679
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
RANT: I totally get young people's attitudes towards older folks like myself, and I know it comes with the territory when trying to talk to them, some rejection and ridicule will happen (I always make it clear upfront how old I am, otherwise sometimes young people accidentally hit on me and then I have to deal with an embarrassing situation, young people have strong drives at that age after all).

BUT...some sites have so much ageism discrimination that I just give up.

I can go to Pinterest and other grandpa sites but they are mostly so closed minded politically, musically, and other ways that I can't stand it.

I guess I am caught betwixt generations.

I can have a great conversation with someone on tumblr about the Black Veil Brides or Lacuna Coil or the plot between the lines in Frozen, but then I mention Led Zeppelin and suddenly it's how old are you?

What, you mean a 21 year old can like Bach who has been dead over 200 years but a 59 year old liking EDM drum and bass like Soulero or Veela or other Monstercat jams is creepy?
Christ!

I am so fucking glad gnet knows me and accepts me.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:50 AM   #8680
Acharis

Having a rest on the floor... My joints are killing me. I think dinner is going to be a sandwich and then time for an early night.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #8681
Fruitbat

I'm almost sad at not letting anyone close. Then I wonder what it would take for me to let someone close again, and I'm not sure I'm up to it. There's only so many times you can be hurt before you say "I've had enough"... but then I don't really want to give up the hope of finding a guy who will actually listen to what I have to say and take it on board, and accept me for all my zany ways and not actually let him in, behind the barrier I put up because I'm tired of people hurting me.

Why is it that people don't do what they say... why is it that people can say "I love you" but they dont' really...

I think I should just get a dog... they are loyal and loving.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #8682
Acharis

*hugs Fruity*
Old 08-23-2015, 09:09 PM   #8683
Fruitbat

thanks acharis... xo

Old 09-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #8684
BourbonBoy

Awesome. Back injury from over a week ago is still bugging the shit out of me. The joys of not having medical insurance to have a doctor at least be able to take a look.
BourbonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:42 AM   #8685
BourbonBoy

I have no idea why but I prefer the comfort of a whore/hooker over the comfort of my long term girlfriend.

Gnet, WTF is wrong with me?
Old 09-11-2015, 02:01 AM   #8686
Molster

Commitment issues, or perhaps she is not the right person for you?
Molster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #8687
BourbonBoy

Sobered up and thought about it.

Commitment issues. I've been with her for over a year and she's the one I've dated the longest.

Note to self:
Don't post while drunk
Old 09-12-2015, 02:49 AM   #8688
Acharis

Maybe because you worry about getting judged? Someone who is working might be more sexually/emotionally non-threatening than someone you spend a lot of time with and have hopes for long term.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:58 AM   #8689
Molster

If you are prepared to sleep with other people, then you are hardly committed to your "long term girlfriend" in fact you are totally disrespecting her!
Old 09-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #8690
Saya

Unless they have an open or polyamorous relationship.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 01:41 AM   #8691
Acharis

Right now everything feels pretty traumatic and awful. I'm just going to shirk all of my adult responsibilities as much as I can and stay in my house reverting to childhood.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:40 AM   #8692
Molster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Unless they have an open or polyamorous relationship.
Face it, if you find a hooker preferable, your long term girlfriend isn't right for you, she isn't giving you what you need from the relationship...you need to decide what it is the hooker is giving you that she isn't and discuss with your girlfriend if that is something you can get from the relationship or not. If it is fine, if it isn't, end it...
Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 AM   #8693
Molster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Right now everything feels pretty traumatic and awful. I'm just going to shirk all of my adult responsibilities as much as I can and stay in my house reverting to childhood.

Damn that sounds like a great idea! Let's have a sleepover!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #8694
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molster View Post
Face it, if you find a hooker preferable, your long term girlfriend isn't right for you, she isn't giving you what you need from the relationship...you need to decide what it is the hooker is giving you that she isn't and discuss with your girlfriend if that is something you can get from the relationship or not. If it is fine, if it isn't, end it...
Most sex workers I have met were very warm and lovely people. It's not my thing but I can understand why people would find them comforting. The fact that the other woman is a sex worker doesn't make her any less fulfilling as a lover than a woman who isn't, nor is his girlfriend necessarily not filling some deep seated need. Likely the reason he finds it distressing is, as he said, commitment issues.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:03 AM   #8695
Molster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Most sex workers I have met were very warm and lovely people. It's not my thing but I can understand why people would find them comforting. The fact that the other woman is a sex worker doesn't make her any less fulfilling as a lover than a woman who isn't, nor is his girlfriend necessarily not filling some deep seated need. Likely the reason he finds it distressing is, as he said, commitment issues.
I didn't lay any judgement on any sex workers as people or lovers and in fact it was me that originally raised the notion of commitment issues. He; as I read it, rejected the idea altogether, so that simply leaves the option that he isn't getting what he wants from his girlfriend, no? Why would he prefer to be with someone else if his girlfriend fulfilled his needs? I think he needs to sit down and think very seriously & carefully about what he wants from his relationship(s), what he is getting, and why he feels the need to visit the sex worker(s)

Personally, if I was with someone who was seeing a sex worker I would be getting rid. If that is what grooves his truffle, then fine, but when you post questions like he has, it obviously isn't working and if it isn't working you need to evaluate why....
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 AM   #8696
Saya

Because again, we don't know the nature of their relationship. People in open relationships/polyamorous relationships aren't less fulfilling. He also did not reject the idea of commitment issues.

Plus, he was drunk. As a former bartender I can assure you people say ridiculous shit they would never say sober. Like, did you know there's no black people in America? Oh look I gotta fly a plane in four hours?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #8697
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonBoy View Post
I have no idea why but I prefer the comfort of a whore/hooker over the comfort of my long term girlfriend.

Gnet, WTF is wrong with me?
You're off the hook for posting when you're drunk.... how's your back?

Why do you suppose the hooker gives you more comfort? Are you more comfortable with a business arrangement than a relationship?

I'll go back to hang upside in my tree....

My life is shitty at the moment... Struggling with major change that I so desperately need and want, but it's so painful. Makes it harder that I don't have the words to express what I'm feeling (apart from fear of the change). Fuck knows i'm going to be sitting on the edge of this cliff, until I grow a pair of balls and just take a running jump into the air, knowing it will be a long way down, but also knowing that when i get there, there will be a trampoline to shoot me back up to the top.

The question is... how strong am I?

Old 09-17-2015, 12:02 AM   #8698
Acharis

*hugs Fruity* I'm sorry mate. All I'm hoping is that the change may bring some relief, and I'm hoping you reach the point where you're reconciled to making the jump.

Me... I'm going through a lot and think I've finally cracked mentally. Fucking humans have finally driven me round the bend.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:43 AM   #8699
Scientiam

Im doing great!
thats a lie. I'm not sleeping as much as i should, and I'm not doing all the work i think i should. Fuck you self set goals.... cries
Scientiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 01:23 AM   #8700
Molster

*** Hugs everyone *** together we can beat everything!