Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #126
Versus

Thank you jesus, we're saved. You have sent us a strait white cis man that has the balls to stand up to PoC.

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:46 AM   #127
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Thank you jesus, we're saved. You have sent us a strait white cis man that has the balls to stand up to PoC.

I have the stones to stand up against racist ideas and racist speech, no matter who it comes from.
Skippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 AM   #128
Versus

You brave soul. If only there were more like you to put me in my place.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #129
AshleyO

Somebody call Kenny Loggins cause Skippy is in the DANGER ZONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0P1Bk8Cx4&hd=1

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:36 AM   #130
Versus

I have an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
I'll stop when they admit their logical fallacy that racism against whites isn't racism.
How about this. You put your money where your fucking mouth is or shut the fuck up. I challenge you to provide actual evidence instead of talking out your ass.

I can show you a mountain of shit that demonstrates PoC are systemically treated worse in America than white people. Not some bullshit anecdotal story or article, but actual fucking tangible, systemic, evidence. You cannot provide a single fucking statistic.

You show me that white people suffer tangibly and systemically from discrimination to actually compare to PoC and I will tell you that I was wrong and probably think about a lot of shit aside from that. You can even join our discussion about colorism.

I already know you won't, but go ahead and take your time trying. I'll wait.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #131
Alan

I don't think anyone ever said racism against whites isn't racism.
All we've been saying is that YOU don't get racism.
I'm beginning to think you're not racist in any meaningful sense after all; just a very sad and lonely man who thinks if the world tells him he's doing something wrong, then the world is the one that owes him an apology.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #132
AshleyO

Technically Alan, I would argue that racism really is discrimination + power. So from the get-go, racism isn't some zero sum game that we all technically have an equal standing in. I think the confusion that Skippy is having is the conflict between layman high school education level concepts of racism and racism as it's understood through critical race theories. The problem then lies in the fact that Skippy's understanding of racism simply isn't sufficient enough of an understanding of the phenomenon though he's privileged enough to think he can come in and tell us all what it really is. It's literally like some middle school science fair winner coming into a chemistry lab and insisting that all we really need to understand is that vinegar plus baking soda makes the fizzies go wild.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 02:23 PM   #133
Alan

I agree with that, but there is still racism against white people. It's common that people have taken up the argument that white people are systemically discriminated as a minority in other countries.
That's fair enough. It still doesn't show how minorities in other countries somehow mean that they in America have suffered as much as slaves did, but whatever, it's true that racism against whites exist.

However as you say it's important if we continue this to either distinguish between racism and bigotry, or understand that sometimes when one says racism they're really talking about bigotry and then make clear which one we're talking about.
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #134
Versus

Tried that like 10 pages ago and it's the point that I'm trying to lead to.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:38 AM   #135
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
It's common that people have taken up the argument that white people are systemically discriminated as a minority in other countries.
I would argue that a lot of that is a reaction to western imperialism and exploitation. White people still are perceived with a lot of credibility in countries where they are the minority.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 PM   #136
Skippy

Quote:
I have an idea.

How about this. You put your money where your fucking mouth is or shut the fuck up. I challenge you to provide actual evidence instead of talking out your ass.

I can show you a mountain of shit that demonstrates PoC are systemically treated worse in America than white people. Not some bullshit anecdotal story or article, but actual fucking tangible, systemic, evidence. You cannot provide a single fucking statistic.

You show me that white people suffer tangibly and systemically from discrimination to actually compare to PoC and I will tell you that I was wrong and probably think about a lot of shit aside from that. You can even join our discussion about colorism.

I already know you won't, but go ahead and take your time trying. I'll wait.
It has taken place right in front of you.

You and others on here have been part of it.

You're blind to that fact or you really just don't want to admit that you are part of it, because deep down you feel guilt for it, or are angry that I called you on it.

And because I dared to call you on it you are angry, the only thing is though I don't know if you are angry at me or if you are really angry at yourself for doing the same thing you accuse others of doing.

But to give a better example of what I'm talking about.....

Black on white race driven crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxMUbXFVWE

Notice that all of these instances were only covered on local media, and very few if any received national attention.

And also notice how the situation would have been reversed if the skin color of the perps was white.

It would be covered for months on national media.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #137
Skippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I agree with that, but there is still racism against white people. It's common that people have taken up the argument that white people are systemically discriminated as a minority in other countries.
That's fair enough. It still doesn't show how minorities in other countries somehow mean that they in America have suffered as much as slaves did, but whatever, it's true that racism against whites exist.

However as you say it's important if we continue this to either distinguish between racism and bigotry, or understand that sometimes when one says racism they're really talking about bigotry and then make clear which one we're talking about.
What I have been saying all along, and what I think is lost on a number of people is that racism has no known boundaries or is only used in one given instance.

What you have been saying is that it can only be perpetrated by one group in a given area, not taking into account the individual experiences, regardless of who is the minority/majority group.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #138
Versus

Quote:
Black on white race driven crime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxMUbXFVWE
1. That video shows edited, unrelated, and cherry-picked anecdotal news stories that don't even unanimously presume a racial motivation. I could give you a thousand others as well, all of which are equally useless except to highlight individual pain. Instead, I'll give you a relevant study that shows that black people are 2.8 times more likely to be murdered by a white person that a white person is to be murdered by a black person, despite that about 57% of people encounter by any given black person is white while about 3% of people encounter by any given white person is black. Also have you even looked at the other videos of the uploader(s)? Cracker Von Patriarch needs to stay off the internet.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-math-reflections-on-racism-crime-and-the-illiteracy
-of-right-wing-statistical-analysis/

Quote:

Notice that all of these instances were only covered on local media, and very few if any received national attention.

And also notice how the situation would have been reversed if the skin color of the perps was white.

It would be covered for months on national media.
2. Actually a study showed that stories with a white victims of violent crime were 74% longer and white victims got 2.3 times more coverage than black or Hispanic victims. This is what I was fucking telling you when I said you were talking out of your ass. Please fucking tell me that you want a source for that because I can give many.

3. I want you to read what "Systemic" means.

4. I said that I wanted comparable evidence. Com-par-a-ble. As in basically every facet life.

The point that I'm making is that there is a difference between discrimination and racism. White people can be discriminated, but it's not supported by a system of power and oppression.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:37 PM   #139
Skippy

Quote:
1. That video shows edited, unrelated, and cherry-picked anecdotal news stories that don't even unanimously presume a racial motivation. I could give you a thousand others as well, all of which are equally useless except to highlight individual pain. Instead, I'll give you a relevant study that shows that black people are 2.8 times more likely to be murdered by a white person that a white person is to be murdered by a black person, despite that about 57% of people encounter by any given black person is white while about 3% of people encounter by any given white person is black. Also have you even looked at the other videos of the uploader(s)? Cracker Von Patriarch needs to stay off the internet.

http://www.timwise.org/2013/08/nazis-cant-do-math-reflections-on-racism-crime-and-the-illiteracy
-of-right-wing-statistical-analysis/

2. Actually a study showed that stories with a white victims of violent crime were 74% longer and white victims got 2.3 times more coverage than black or Hispanic victims. This is what I was fucking telling you when I said you were talking out of your ass. Please fucking tell me that you want a source for that because I can give many.

3. I want you to read what "Systemic" means.

4. I said that I wanted comparable evidence. Com-par-a-ble. As in basically every facet life.

The point that I'm making is that there is a difference between discrimination and racism. White people can be discriminated, but it's not supported by a system of power and oppression.
You want comparable here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyrILMqDU2U ruled as a hate crime immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J56g28YUo4 How many have been ruled as hate crimes and how long was this going on before the MSM picked it up?

I'm not saying that what has taken place is right, it's a deplorable act no matter who is carrying out the act.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:26 AM   #140
Versus

Before I tear your bullshit apart would you fucking please respond to my entire post and stop cherry-picking for once.

-Breathin, Tupac.