Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #26
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia
It's only right in my head. Sometimes, I feel certain ways about things like this, and I'm confused as to why, so I never mention it to anyone.
Idea: Just don't say anything at all anymore.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #27
Lolly PopMuzik

Quote:
Well, I hear people say things like, "I'm mixed with Mexican black and Irish!" I've always wanted to be able to say that. (Well, I do have a bit of Irish in me, but that was many generations ago....) I just decided that I want my children to be mixed. I think that being one race is boring. My mom is always going on about "have pride!" and black this and black that! It annoys me to no end. Whenever I have a project to do, my mom always nags me like, "You'd better be researching an African-American." It's just one race all the freaking time. Now, what if I were say, half black, half Korean? That would be freaking awesome, I think. I've always been so jealous of those who are multiracial/biracial. Both sides of my family are black, and I want to mix it up a bit. My future children don't -have- to be mixed with Asian, but I do want more diversity.
Would any prospective boyfriends be aware of this?

I suppose you already answered this question when you wanted Ambi to lighten your skin but: Do you honestly have a hangup about your own black culture? Is there something about your own black identity that you don't like?

Granted, it's nice to diversify and have a look at other periods and cultures, but your mom's right and there is some truth to researching obscure black history that is usually sadly obscured.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:01 PM   #28
Duane

Bella, better leave this at that.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:03 PM   #29
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
Bella, better leave this at that.
Alright, I will, after I answer LollyPop Muzik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_dreams
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Don't you have anything better to do than pollute our forums?!?
Bella Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #30
Duane

No... now, just leave it at that.
Duane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:05 PM   #31
Godslayer Jillian

Nevertheless, it is equally true that it is absurd to feel proud about something that isn't part of your identity just because it's in your heritage. I, for example, shouldn't be allowed to bask around some vestige of Mayan heritage like a Chiapan Zapatista just because they're 500 year-old ancestors; because their culture didn't affect my up-bringing.
It's all about accepting the cultures that shaped you and acknowledging their effect on your current individuality. I'm more influenced by criollo culture than by Chicano culture simply because I live on this side of the river.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #32
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly PopMuzik
I suppose you already answered this question when you wanted Ambi to lighten your skin but: Do you honestly have a hangup about your own black culture? Is there something about your own black identity that you don't like?
I honestly don't know. I used to be so proud, but then that pride faded away.
I went to an all-black junior high, and they shunned me. All the boys rejected me, and I had no friends. I don't know if that had anything to do with it directly, but after junior high is when I began to change. I stopped doing anything that I was afraid would... I don't know how to explain it. On example is music: I stopped liking hip hop and R+B and rap. It's like I trained my ears to turn a complete 180. It doesn't sound good to me now, and it's annoying that it's what my family mostly listens to, you know?

Quote:
What the Hell is wrong with you!?!?! who the Hell kill's helpless and innocent babies? that's f***ing sick!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #33
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane
No... now, just leave it at that.
Fine fine, I will.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 07:09 PM   #34
Godslayer Jillian

I've noticed you can't talk about cultures without recurring to stereotypes.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #35
ThreeEyesOni

I hate to break it to you, but that's often what highschool is for some people; a period where you get to see what a lot of your "peers" are like and to start being genuinely confused and dissapointed. It's actually a good primer for adult life, where you get to be confused and dissapointed by the actions of billions of people around the world. Ignorance may not be bliss, but paying close attention to humanity (past and present) will often times cause such a reaction.

As for the original topic... I don't really get your problem. Actually, that's not entirely true; the two black girls that I've been involved with in the past have had a general non-compatability with much of the people sharing thier melanin content. For one it was understandable; her father filled some of the typical sterotypes by being a twat who ran out on the family, and she did much of her growing up in a state that has about 2%-4% african americans (largely concentrated in a handful of cities). The other, I don't really know.

I just have to say that nothing is wrong with black chicks. Or black guys, or whatever shade/gender combo. There are a few cultures that I can nitpick, but that's completely off-tangent. The point is that while some people embody a touch of sterotype, most don't and just as many completely break it apart. This goes for asian guys, too. If someone doesn't like you for the fact of your being black, then who the hell cares?

As for biracial babies... there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever, save for the fact that it shouldn't be your top priority.
ThreeEyesOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #36
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeEyesOni
I hate to break it to you, but that's often what highschool is for some people; a period where you get to see what a lot of your "peers" are like and to start being genuinely confused and dissapointed. It's actually a good primer for adult life, where you get to be confused and dissapointed by the actions of billions of people around the world. Ignorance may not be bliss, but paying close attention to humanity (past and present) will often times cause such a reaction.

As for the original topic... I don't really get your problem. Actually, that's not entirely true; the two black girls that I've been involved with in the past have had a general non-compatability with much of the people sharing thier melanin content. For one it was understandable; her father filled some of the typical sterotypes by being a twat who ran out on the family, and she did much of her growing up in a state that has about 2%-4% african americans (largely concentrated in a handful of cities). The other, I don't really know.

I just have to say that nothing is wrong with black chicks. Or black guys, or whatever shade/gender combo. There are a few cultures that I can nitpick, but that's completely off-tangent. The point is that while some people embody a touch of sterotype, most don't and just as many completely break it apart. This goes for asian guys, too. If someone doesn't like you for the fact of your being black, then who the hell cares?

As for biracial babies... there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever, save for the fact that it shouldn't be your top priority.
Thanks for the helpful reply. I'll take it all to heart. <3

Also, no worries. It's not my top priority.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 10:05 PM   #37
blackwater1110

*thread hijack*
OK, this is going to sound wierd, and perhaps stereotypical, but, has anyone else here ever noticed that black people smell really good?

Sorry if that comes off bad in some way, but I have noticed in my limited personal experience that the black people I have gotten close enough to have a very unique odor. Do white people have an odor, too, that I don't know about? Or am I just crazy/racist?
blackwater1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:14 PM   #38
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
criollo
Buy me one of these, and I will love you forever.
http://www.conquistador.com/criollo2.jpeg
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #39
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
*thread hijack*
OK, this is going to sound wierd, and perhaps stereotypical, but, has anyone else here ever noticed that black people smell really good?

Sorry if that comes off bad in some way, but I have noticed in my limited personal experience that the black people I have gotten close enough to have a very unique odor. Do white people have an odor, too, that I don't know about? Or am I just crazy/racist?
*smells my arm* Well... I do smell good... XD

Quote:
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #40
Mir

When you're of a legal age, come and see me. We'll make some multi-cultural babies together!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:34 PM   #41
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
When you're of a legal age, come and see me. We'll make some multi-cultural babies together!
*naughty thoughts* Oh my! *blush* lol

Quote:
Old 04-13-2008, 12:16 AM   #42
ionic_angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
It's all about accepting the cultures that shaped you and acknowledging their effect on your current individuality. I'm more influenced by criollo culture than by Chicano culture simply because I live on this side of the river.
Unless, of course, one comes from a typical WASP upbringing in the suburbs, of Amerika, in which case one should hang his/her head in shame at their cultural repression of others.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:40 AM   #43
ionic_angel

Quote:
You're not seeing my angle. No one ever sees my angle. I'm not even going to try to explain to anyone anymore. I try, but it never comes out right in words. It's only right in my head. Sometimes, I feel certain ways about things like this, and I'm confused as to why, so I never mention it to anyone.
You know, I tried hard to like you. Really, I did. But somehow, your indefatigable determination to post with all the intelligence, verbosity, and depth of a fifteen-year old at cheer-leading practice is really starting to grate on my nerves.

Perhaps I would be less inclined to suggest that you immerse yourself in an encyclopedia were it not for the fact that you have contaminated numerous threads around the site with a style-less but enthusiastic blathering devoid of intelligent reasoning.

Unfortunately, I believe that my criticisms of the mean level of maturity displayed in your posts will fall on deaf ears, as you usually respond to criticism by others with a self-righteous identification as the horribly harmed victim, along with a reaffirmation of the validity of your beliefs, despite your apparent lack of reasons for said beliefs.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:44 AM   #44
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwater1110
*thread hijack*

I don't go around sniffing black people. Or any people, for that matter. I tried, once. Got punched in the nose for it, so I stopped.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:43 AM   #45
KontanKarite

Well, this was certainly an interesting thread.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:35 AM   #46
gothicusmaximus

I need to make some quick changes to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Sophia's signature
Bella Sophia: Oh yeah, and I was called racist today.
Maru-chan: really by who?
Bella Sophia: half of gothic.net
Maru-chan: thats funny
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
You know, I tried hard to like you. Really, I did. But somehow, your indefatigable determination to post with all the intelligence, verbosity, and depth of a toddler with downs syndrome
My work here is done.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #47
Solumina

Bella don't strive for a bi-racial family just to have one, fall in love with someone and have kids with them because you love their personality, not race.

You also do need to understand that it isn't so great being bi-racial, it can really suck. I'm part Irish and part German but I don't really count as either. In high school I was part of the German culture club (it wasn't like you had to be German to be a member) and I tried to start a Celtic culture club and I was told that if I did I would have to leave the German club (in my school there were A, B, and C clubs and every Friday would be a club day and it would cycle through the groups so it wasn't a time conflict). It may not seem big to you but it hurts to hear that you have to pick which part of your heritage you have to embrace.

Oh and you do get hated for the part of you that people don't like, I have been called a Nazi as well as a Mick (you would think that people couldn't tell but bigots can). So just give that a thought before you decide that bi-racial is more "interesting"
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #48
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Bella don't strive for a bi-racial family just to have one, fall in love with someone and have kids with them because you love their personality, not race.

You also do need to understand that it isn't so great being bi-racial, it can really suck. I'm part Irish and part German but I don't really count as either. In high school I was part of the German culture club (it wasn't like you had to be German to be a member) and I tried to start a Celtic culture club and I was told that if I did I would have to leave the German club (in my school there were A, B, and C clubs and every Friday would be a club day and it would cycle through the groups so it wasn't a time conflict). It may not seem big to you but it hurts to hear that you have to pick which part of your heritage you have to embrace.

Oh and you do get hated for the part of you that people don't like, I have been called a Nazi as well as a Mick (you would think that people couldn't tell but bigots can). So just give that a thought before you decide that bi-racial is more "interesting"
Ah, I see. I hadn't really thought of that until yesterday. Someone suggested that I move somewhere where being mixed is "the norm." I don't exactly know where that would be, but I'll find some place.
But I already understand that it shouldn't be a top priority. It's not my top priority.

Quote:
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #49
Shadows_Jukebox

I want vulcan X human babies is that so wrong? Sorry but why make such a big deal out of race, if you love the guy shouldn't that be enough instead of searching out a man who is just asian, white, black or what ever. if you do that you might just miss the perfect guy... i know that from experiance
Shadows_Jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM   #50
Bella Sophia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Jukebox
I want vulcan X human babies is that so wrong? Sorry but why make such a big deal out of race, if you love the guy shouldn't that be enough instead of searching out a man who is just asian, white, black or what ever. if you do that you might just miss the perfect guy... i know that from experiance
I know, but I don't just search out people of a certain race.

Quote: