Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #26
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beowulf
I dont hate you, I welcomed you with an open heart and open mind !!!.
And I thank you for that.
gothicusmaximus, I don't just read Stephanie Meyer.
I read a lot of other books, ranging from Anne Rice to numerous playwrites and poets, including Liz Lochead and Edgar Allan Poe, Hell, even Arthur Miller and Robbie Burns.
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:11 PM   #27
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Gothic-Bubbles*~
I'm not a Wiccan, you asshole.
I'm a Witch- two completely different things.
Intriguing, I have never heard this before. Clearly these beliefs are very unique and distinguish you from the countless other other identity-crisis-beset teens who practice the black arts, none of whom have ever given me the exact same self-righteous spiel you're preparing to give me at this moment.
Male witches are called warlocks, right? What's it like having sex with the devil? Does the broomstick chafe your vagina?
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #28
jack_the_knife

So, let me Clarify.

You decide everyone "hates" you after indivudals expressed their opinion on your choice of literature.
I think you are merely misinterpreting the dislike of an author who's work you enjoy endulging in as hate.
This, in my opinion , which I am now going to freely express, is rather poor on your part.

So in total : No one is being mean, they are but expressing opinions, and this site is about expressing yourself.

P.S.: Please don't swear that often.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:15 PM   #29
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by a morbid curiosity
Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic. Oh, the pathos. You must live such a difficult life, taking so much abuse and so many hardships from a couple of elderly people.

I said I DIDN'T hate you. Get that? "Didn't" is like, "did not"?

You try fucking living with Grandparents who are Evangelists and think you're the Anti-Christ.
And when I say "you" I don't mean you yourself.
I was talking to everyone.
Also, when I say insane, I don't mean that I'm mentally disabled.
I just mean that I'm not, well, what people would call "normal" when it comes to personality.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 PM   #30
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
gothicusmaximus, I don't just read Stephanie Meyer.
I read a lot of other books, ranging from Anne Rice t
Holy crap, ANNE RICE!? Well, if you've studied the GROUNDBREAKING work of that LITERARY GODDESS, clearly you're very well-versed in english literature.

Quote:
I read The Raven because people told me it was gothic, maybe I skimmed The Masque of the Red Death or something one time. I read Death of a Salesman because they made me in high school, and also the Crucible because it's about the BURNING TIMES when my WITCH BRETHREN were oppressed.
I fixed the last part of your post for you.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #31
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
You try fucking living with Grandparents who are Evangelists and think you're the Anti-Christ.
I just mean that I'm not, well, what people would call "normal" when it comes to personality.
Well say 'not normal' not 'insane', just as I say buxom - not cancer.

I also doubt you're 'not normal', you seem to be a total stereotype so far.

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #32
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Intriguing, I have never heard this before. Clearly these beliefs are very unique and distinguish you from the countless other other identity-crisis-beset teens who practice the black arts, none of whom have ever given me the exact same self-righteous spiel you're preparing to give me at this moment.
Male witches are called warlocks, right? What's it like having sex with the devil? Does the broomstick chafe your vagina?
Now that is what I call pathetic.
1: You clearly know absolutely nothing on the subject.
2: Warlocks do not exsist.
3. Witchcraft ahs nothing to do with the Devil.
4: You are an ignorant fuck who's going to get his comeuppance one of these days.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:17 PM   #33
AngelikDemonik

The Crucible is actually about Communism.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
JCC

Quote:
Goddess, why are you people so fucking mean?
You really ought to shorten that just to 'God', I have a penis.

Quote:
Don't hate me just because I like her work.
That's a pathetic reason to hate someone.
If I hated every Stephanie Meyer fan, genocide would've happened by now. I'm not hating you: I'm mocking you.

Quote:
That makes you no better than the people who persecute others because of the music they listen to or the clothes that they wear.
I guess it proves your point that I find persecuting others because of music they listen to or clothes they wear pretty funny too.

Quote:
But you're judging me just because I like Stephanie Meyer.
That's fucking pathetic.
I think Stephanie Meyer along with other writers of that ilk are the death of literature: judging you on your book taste as a collective of literature fans is natural, telling you Stephanie Meyer sucks is justifiable.

Quote:
I get this kind of shit from my Grandparents, only it's about the way I dress, and fuck, I don't need to be judged here for something even more pathetic.
Sounds to me like you need to start defending yourself. Here is a good place to start.

Quote:
I'm not a Wiccan, you asshole.
I'm a Witch- two completely different things.
You have a wart on your nose?

Quote:
Anne Rice
Is shit.

Quote:
Edgar Allan Poe
You don't get brownie points for name-dropping the most overrated writer on Gnet. And that doesn't even mean I don't like him, but damn, people jerk off over him on here like crazy.

Quote:
Arthur Miller
He would be very upset to learn that his work is mentioned in the same thread as Stephanie Meyer's, and not as a rebuttal of how shit she is.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #35
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
I don't need to try living with your grandparents to see that you're attention-seeking and have no self-awareness, and that you think entirely too much of yourself. If you weren't so angsty and teenage, you'd have, y'know, maybe, got a job and moved out?

Gothicus also said he didn't hate you.

Also, when you say you're not normal, you mean you're sooo "individual" and "eccentric", right? NO. YOU ARE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. 'Kay? Glad we cleared that up. Bye bye.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:20 PM   #36
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
The Crucible is actually about Communism.
It's about McCarthyism.
My comment was meant to lampoon what's probably her perception of the play, not what it actually addresses.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM   #37
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Now that is what I call pathetic.
1: You clearly know absolutely nothing on the subject.
2: Warlocks do not exsist.
3. Witchcraft ahs nothing to do with the Devil.
4: You are an ignorant fuck who's going to get his comeuppance one of these days.
Warlocks don't exist? That's peculiar. I'd think at least some men would want to have sex with satan, but I guess that would mean they'd have to hang out with fat goth girls.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #38
AngelikDemonik

Quote:
It's about McCarthyism.
My comment was meant to lampoon what's probably her perception of the play, not what it actually addresses.

Ah okay, I thought she wrote that about the witch brethren during the burning times.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #39
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
It's about McCarthyism.

Actually, I do know what "The Crucible" was about.
I had to, as I played Susanna Walcott in the National Theatre of Scotlands production of it at The Byre Theatre in St. Andrews.
Not a very big part, but it was a part all the same.
The play taught me a lot about how dangeous paranoia and fear of others can be, and how much us humans havn't changed since the Burning times.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #40
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
the Burning times.
You realize that none of the people burned at the stake during the period to which you refer were actually witches, right?
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #41
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Actually, I do know what "The Crucible" was about.
I had to, as I played Susanna Walcott in the National Theatre of Scotlands production of it at The Byre Theatre in St. Andrews.
Not a very big part, but it was a part all the same.
The play taught me a lot about how dangeous paranoia and fear of others can be, and how much us humans havn't changed since the Burning times.
Due to your crappy perception on insanity, I suggest you need to act in more major roles than this.

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 10-06-2008, 12:33 PM   #42
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
You realize that none of the people burned at the stake during the period to which you refer were actually witches, right?
Ofcourse I do.
It was a bunch of girls that started the whole thing. Well, in the play it was.
They cried "Witch!" on people that they mainly didn't like.
For example, in the play, Abigail Williams cried "Witch" on Goody Proctor because John Proctor wouldn't have her back.
She also cried "Witch" on sevral other people, including Mary Warren when Mary threatened to tell the truth about what they were doing.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #43
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiUsAiDh
Due to your crappy perception on insanity, I suggest you need to act in more major roles than this.
Hey, it wasn't my fault that I didn't get given a big part.
The big parts were taken by the professionals.
I auditioned like the rest of the people from my school.
I got given the part fo Susanna Walcott and a friend of mine got given the part of Mercy Lewis.
In the last part of my audition peice, when I had to grab "Betty" and shake her, I couldn't keep a straight face because the girl I had grabbed looked so shocked that I had picked her.
The look on her face was so funny that I couldn't help but laugh.
That's why I didn't get a bigger part.
But atleast I had lines.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:37 PM   #44
a morbid curiosity

Quote:
Ofcourse I do.
They cried "Witch!" on people that they mainly didn't like.
For example, in the play, Abigail Williams cried "Witch" on Goody Proctor because John Proctor wouldn't have her back.
She also cried "Witch" on sevral other people, including Mary Warren when Mary threatened to tell the truth about what they were doing.
I enjoy how, when asked a question about an actual period in history, you just regurgitate stuff from a play.
a morbid curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #45
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Ofcourse I do.
I mean NO ONE, but for possibly a handful of exceptions, burned at the stake for witchcraft was actually a witch, so it makes no sense for practitioners of your religion to refer to that period by a special term, as if it's some dark chapter in the history of your faith.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #46
LiUsAiDh

Quote:
Hey, it wasn't my fault that I didn't get given a big part.
The big parts were taken by the professionals.
I auditioned like the rest of the people from my school.
I got given the part fo Susanna Walcott and a friend of mine got given the part of Mercy Lewis.
In the last part of my audition peice, when I had to grab "Betty" and shake her, I couldn't keep a straight face because the girl I had grabbed looked so shocked that I had picked her.
The look on her face was so funny that I couldn't help but laugh.
That's why I didn't get a bigger part.
But atleast I had lines.
Ech. That wasn't my point.

You said you'd learnt about paranoia - I was suggesting you learnt a little more about it.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:40 PM   #47
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

I'm using it as an example because we didn't get access to records of what happened during the Salem Witch trial.
Abigail Williams exsisted in real life, that much I do know, and that she must have been at least 14 when the Salem Witch Trials happened.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #48
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
I'm using it as an example because we didn't get access to records of what happened during the Salem Witch trial.
That's not true. There are transcripts of the proceedings.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #49
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
I mean NO ONE, but for possibly a handful of exceptions, burned at the stake for witchcraft was actually a witch, so it makes no sense for practitioners of your religion to refer to that period by a special term, as if it's some dark chapter in the history of your faith.
I read the play because I was in a production of it and now that I'm a Drama student I had to do a Play Review on it.
In no way was I reffering to it in special term.
I reffered to it because I liked what I had been reading while rehearsing for the production.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #50
~*Gothic-Bubbles*~

Quote:
That's not true. There are transcripts of the proceedings.

Ech. Let me go and read the back of the play that we got given.