Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
Daywalker

Father's day

I have a question OK I don't know how to put this politically correct so I will just fucking say it straight. In the poorer ghetto neighborhoods. What the hell do the little black kids do for Fathers day. A lot of them don't have dads, don't know there Dad or were he is and. Then theirs the " Baby's Daddy ' thing that i just don't get. So if any one has a idea please tell me. This is all so for any one that does not have a dad.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
I have a question OK I don't know how to put this politically correct so I will just fucking say it straight. In the poorer ghetto neighborhoods. What the hell do the little black kids do for Fathers day. A lot of them don't have dads, don't know there Dad or were he is and. Then theirs the " Baby's Daddy ' thing that i just don't get. So if any one has a idea please tell me. This is all so for any one that does not have a dad.
So aside from this obvious troll post, what is gnet's actual father's day plans?

I for one actually am a bastard child so I never had to deal with it.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
Underwater Ophelia

First of all, op, if you don't have a dad, on farher's day you'd just do the same thing you'd do any other day. It's not like it's a big deal.

As for me, I called my dad for a chat yesterday. I don't really celebrate holidays.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Still Jack

I got drunk with my dad. But then again I do that quite often....
Old 06-20-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
horse

I just sent my dad the quick email
horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
korinna5555

I sent my step-dad a few cards, and I'll call him later today.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Saya

Me and my dad were estranged for years so I don't feel right doing something for Father's Day. We talk now but I can't find a Father's Day card that says "Thanks for abandoning us when we really needed you! Love and kisses, the daughters."
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
MissCheyenne

Meh, I haven't seen my father in over 20 years. I sent my step father a card though.
MissCheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
Solumina

We got Jakes grandfather a universal remote since he can never remember what remote goes to what device and we are getting Jake's dad a Nook (when I say we I mean me, Jake, his sister and his mom) and we all signed a card for his grandfather but I wanted to get my own card for his dad since I've never really been able to tell him before how much it means to me to be able to think of him as a father and now just kind of seemed like the right time.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
Ben Lahnger

Solumina, if you can find a way to express that in a card to Jake's dad (or even without the card - just tell him), the timing is really good. I can't imagine that will make him feel anything but wonderful and appreciative. Good call.

I'm going to call my dad in a bit ... have a card and gift card in the mail but they're going to be late. Also, I'm going to have him check his email for a message from me which will have a link to a customized video that shows all these historic heroic events with his name replacing the original, like "That's one small step for (father's name)", with the ending tag ... "Just wanted you to know you're my hero."

I think that will work.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #11
Solumina

I've decided on writing it in a card since I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to see him (everyone is going out to dinner tonight but I couldn't get off of work) and I have a really hard time finding the right words to express myself over the phone. I wrote up a little poem that I'm going to tweak during my downtime at the desk and I'm going to get a blank card to write it in.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
If there was a man in your life that although was not your father was a positive and cherished male role model there is nothing wrong with wishing him a Happy Father's day. If the real dad left the scene, instinctively boys will look to other men (subconsciously or consciously) and those men would accept the compliment I'm sure.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote