Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: what do you think of gay marriages?
i totally support it 147 81.22%
ugh, it's disgusting 9 4.97%
don't care 25 13.81%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2004, 03:48 AM   #126
Loy

Alekzandr-So, let me get this straight (excuse the pun)-What you're saying is that you don't mind fags as long as they don't act faggy around you? Maybe this wasn't what you were trying to say, but you saying "I have no problem whith people who have homosexual temptations, its only when we give into them that we detract from our taskmasters" sure as hell comes across that way. I could get into a philosophical and theological debate here, but I'd like some clarification from you, since your statement comes across as A-concrete sounding but ultimately vague and non-commital, and B-excusive in a way to relinquish any kind of responsibility of belief from you to something outside of yourself (or, in simpler terms, "somebody else says this, so I'm gonna go along with it").

And about your statement about the state not supporting an institution that doesn't bring about more citizens-to point out the obvious, old and infertile couples are allowed to marry. Are you going to say that couplings of this kind shouldn't be allowed to marry, since they can't breed more cretin hellspawn as screwed up as themselves to work for the man? This isn't a snide insult, but a questioning of where exactly you stand.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #127
MrMaelstrom

Disgusting! And how very "christian" of them too :roll: .

I think a lot of "believers" have no idea that it's them and not the freaks who are gonna burn in the lake of fire for eternity.

Oh, well....Fuck'em!
Old 04-13-2005, 06:03 PM   #128
Solumina

Awww that sucks big time
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #129
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
fucking homophobes are the reason I can't lay on my side-- they bruised my ribs. Big black & blue mark on my side... it fucking hurts.
Oh my god, I want to kill the people that hurt you. But I know that's not the right answer... but that makes really angry! I mean good lord- who would hit you??? What the hell is wrong with people these days... see somebody who identifies with a different sexuality.. and *HIT* them??? This world is going to hell.
I hope your ribs feel better, and I hope any more cerebral bruises they may have caused feel better, too. If you need support, you know where to come.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
TeapotScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #130
edible_eye

Quote:
fucking homophobes are the reason I can't lay on my side-- they bruised my ribs. Big black & blue mark on my side... it fucking hurts.
what do you mean they bruised your ribs? what happened?
Old 04-14-2005, 04:13 AM   #131
drgnlvr

Xng, love, did you get those looked at by the doctor? :cry:
Old 04-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #132
WolfMoon

Xng,

It might not seem like a big deal, but I'd definately get those bruises checked out by a Dr. If for no other reason than to have the incident documented.Just in case, love.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:44 AM   #133
Morbideus

If the fundy anti-gay-marriage people really give a shit about the "Sanctity of Marriage" they should push for the outlawing of divorce.
Morbideus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 05:43 AM   #134
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
The murder rate would go way up overnight.

Hell, nobody wants to be eternally trapped into anything. Having a fairly easy way out is a good way to ensure that you won't want to use it.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 09:53 PM   #135
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
The murder rate would go way up overnight.

Hell, nobody wants to be eternally trapped into anything. Having a fairly easy way out is a good way to ensure that you won't want to use it.
Very true.... and your point? :wink:

The other choice could be people actually THINKING about it before getting married. Regardless, my real point being that "Preserving the Sanctity of Marriage" is bullshit.

Whether or not two guys or two women get married in no way cheapens the value of marriage. Divorce, however, does.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #136
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
so do laws that state what a man and a woman who are legally married can do in their bedrooms. Or two men or two women, or five men and eighteen women, etc.

In a country where oral, and anal sex are agaisnt the law in some palces, do you really expect couples who are almost solely limited to these methods of intimacy have any peace?
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 PM   #137
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
so do laws that state what a man and a woman who are legally married can do in their bedrooms. Or two men or two women, or five men and eighteen women, etc.

In a country where oral, and anal sex are agaisnt the law in some palces, do you really expect couples who are almost solely limited to these methods of intimacy have any peace?
The Supreme Court shot down all of the anti-sodomy laws. It took them long enough, but that stuff is not illegal anywhere in this country anymore. (Not supposed to be anyway...)
Old 05-19-2005, 11:26 PM   #138
MrMaelstrom

Slaughter the Irish? Are you fucking crazy? You think I want the Welsh trying to make Guiness?

I mean, In reality, I got a personal stash of ICBM's I only didn't use on american soil, as I don't want the chicanos or canadians trying to make me sour-mash-whiskey :P

Me racist? No. I hate all kindsa people...
Old 05-20-2005, 01:23 PM   #139
WolfMoon

Quote:

And what about the Glory Hole? When are they gonna lift the ban, people? When? It should be everyone's right to stick their crotch in a hole for sexual gratification!

What?
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 08:49 PM   #140
Morbideus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
And what about the Glory Hole? When are they gonna lift the ban, people? When? It should be everyone's right to stick their crotch in a hole for sexual gratification!

What?
Not just a right, it should be a requirement for citizenship.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:59 AM   #141
St_Raven

I can't believe what this world has come to these days..."Is same-sex marriage OK?" Who the fuck cares if someone else is getting married to a same sex parter? God says this...God says that...St. Raven says this:

Separation between Church and State is supposedly established...hmm...I wonder what Pagans have to say about all of this nonsense. It infuriates me to see that Christians have taken it upon themselves to establish what is 'right' for our nation. Marriage is a step two people can take if they want it to be official. It isn't only a Christian (Catholic) ceremony, but a Pagan and Atheist rite as well. It infuriates me that, as a Pagan, gay and lesbian friends cannot get married, like they want to, because of this situation Catholics have brought upon us.

If only the government really was fair...

Forever wandering in darkness,
St. Raven
St_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #142
Solumina

It isn't just Catholics so don't blame this all on them, in fact most of it is due to born again Christians so go blame them. If you don’t want to get flamed I suggest that you don’t post opinions as facts and check facts before you post them. Oh and go introduce yourself
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 07:44 PM   #143
God of Death

ok hi im on and off this place but i hate when people talk about gays. life would be better if people did not care about gays.

the guys like girl on girl thats gay sex.

Im god of death and im glad to say that IM GAY and im 16/m/nebraska
God of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 11:57 PM   #144
rockandrose

Im sure most or all of you know the story of 'Adam & Eve'. Im not basing my opinions on a religious point of view. But, people are used to seeing, believing and knowing that a marriage is made up of a husband and a wife. Hence, people are afraid of change, the idea of two set of boobs or two sausages reuniting as a couple to form a marriage scares the daylights out of certain people.

We are all equal...!
Old 10-20-2005, 12:39 AM   #145
nonfatsuperjesus

I am gay so.... how can I not support gay marriage?
nonfatsuperjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:55 PM   #146
edible_eye

for the record, i don't think xnguela was referring to nonfatsuperjesus.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #147
punkirony

Quote:
Originally Posted by St_Raven
I can't believe what this world has come to these days..."Is same-sex marriage OK?" Who the fuck cares if someone else is getting married to a same sex parter? God says this...God says that...St. Raven says this:

Separation between Church and State is supposedly established...hmm...I wonder what Pagans have to say about all of this nonsense. It infuriates me to see that Christians have taken it upon themselves to establish what is 'right' for our nation. Marriage is a step two people can take if they want it to be official. It isn't only a Christian (Catholic) ceremony, but a Pagan and Atheist rite as well. It infuriates me that, as a Pagan, gay and lesbian friends cannot get married, like they want to, because of this situation Catholics have brought upon us.

If only the government really was fair...

Forever wandering in darkness,
St. Raven
Quote:
Go die, asshole.
Yeah everyone, as ee said, that's what really went down.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:20 PM   #148
Loy

Kenny Lee? Am I blind or just so tired that I'm missing posts?
Old 10-22-2005, 05:39 PM   #149
edible_eye

nah. you're fine... well, pretty much.

kennylee was a 'tard who apparently got booted. his posts were removed.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:46 PM   #150
Ariis

I think marriage was supposed to be a commitment
to care for each other and their kids. But in today's
world, whatever the facts are, unmarried couples
who can support a family would be much better
than a father who doesn't want to work and a mother
who has to take a job that doesn't pay near what
even 1/2 what it takes to raise a child. I
think that a gay couple who adopt, that can meet the
demands of a child is a better bet than Mr. Lazy and
Mrs. Overburdened. Whatever the reasons are for