Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #26
MollyMac

So, why perpetuate the bullshit by reaponding? There is an ignore function. It's easy to use.
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:52 PM   #27
SKot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
So, why perpetuate the bullshit by reaponding? There is an ignore function. It's easy to use.
Agreed. I too have put om3gag0th666 on my ignore list, as he/she/it/shit has nothing to contribute and is a waste of my time and yours. Obviously they were only here to troll. I gave om3gag0th666 a chance, more than one actually, for reasonable discourse. Instead, the kid shit all over itself and then expected me to change the diaper. No thanks.

--SKot
SKot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #28
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKot
Agreed. I too have put om3gag0th666 on my ignore list, as he/she/it/shit has nothing to contribute and is a waste of my time and yours. Obviously they were only here to troll. I gave om3gag0th666 a chance, more than one actually, for reasonable discourse. Instead, the kid shit all over itself and then expected me to change the diaper. No thanks.

--SKot
Well, at least I can live with the fact that I am not fat, stupid, ceased to grow up, and/or form any original thoughts.

It's a good thing. Now he is ignored.
om3gag0th666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 PM   #29
Graveyard.Crow

Ok would you stop with the fat thing? You sound like a child, and that's an actual child telling you this.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #30
MollyMac

Caution: Subliminal message ahead

IGNORE IT
MollyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #31
Pyre

Yeah, my friend's mom makes bread. Fresh bread is the most delicious kind, mmm.

I wish I had a bread maker. If nothing else, I would make bread. I can't cook as far as I know (never have I tried), but I would make bread constantly if I had the chance.

It is too bad you live in New York, otherwise I would have to force you to make me some dang bread.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #32
Pyre

By the way, guys, if you learned to work around Om3ga's manipulative ways you would be better off. He thrives on the annoyance and anger he causes you people, and yet you keep fueling his fire. If you're going to react to something that he says, react in a less serious way; take him more lightly.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Old 12-18-2006, 06:15 PM   #33
SKot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyre
By the way, guys, if you learned to work around Om3ga's manipulative ways you would be better off. He thrives on the annoyance and anger he causes you people, and yet you keep fueling his fire. If you're going to react to something that he says, react in a less serious way; take him more lightly.
Even better: how about no reaction at all?

I've got better things to do, even if our local troll doesn't.

--SKot
Old 12-18-2006, 06:34 PM   #34
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Yeah, my friend's mom makes bread. Fresh bread is the most delicious kind, mmm.

I wish I had a bread maker. If nothing else, I would make bread. I can't cook as far as I know (never have I tried), but I would make bread constantly if I had the chance.

It is too bad you live in New York, otherwise I would have to force you to make me some dang bread.
No don't think it's an overwhelming task, it's quite easy to make bread with regular ingredients.

You can make your own proof box with a dishwasher, or an oven. I learned a lot of strange things, a proof box is really just a moisture intense area at roughly 100 degrees fahrenheit. Of course you can make breads that do not require yeast.

My favorite kinds of bread usually require baking powder (which uses acidity and heat to puff the bread/cookies/whatever).

Cooking is a lot like chemistry, so it's really fun to experiment.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #35
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Ok would you stop with the fat thing? You sound like a child, and that's an actual child telling you this.
Stop being fat.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #36
Pyre

Hah, that should have been something to tell my Physics teacher before the class ended.
"Come on, let's make bread. It's a lot like chemistry. . ."
He also is a chemistry teacher and astronomy teacher (so that it makes more sense).

I am going to steal my friend's mother's maker. That sounds reasonable.

I should have asked for one for Christmas. . . Stupid me, asking for a keyboard/synthesizer.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #37
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Stop being fat.
Stop leaving the kitchen.
Make my dang sandwich.
On homemade wheat bread.
Mmm. . .

Old 12-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #38
om3gag0th666

Quote:
Hah, that should have been something to tell my Physics teacher before the class ended.
"Come on, let's make bread. It's a lot like chemistry. . ."
He also is a chemistry teacher and astronomy teacher (so that it makes more sense).

I am going to steal my friend's mother's maker. That sounds reasonable.

I should have asked for one for Christmas. . . Stupid me, asking for a keyboard/synthesizer.
It is chemistry technically because you are creating gases from the yeast, and a few other chemical reactions happen, and releases different gases and stuff.

I find it interesting, but my favorite things to make are pastries, I like how eggs have such an impact on pastries like choux.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #39
Pyre

:[ Cook for me, please? You make me envious of your skill and my lack of such.

Maybe I should try it some time. . . The most I could do is burn down the house, right? No pressure.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:41 AM   #40
om3gag0th666

Haha...seriously it's not difficulty, there are many important factors to making bread such as kneading, and braiding the bread (for challah) but they are all pretty easy. You're a girl, you've tied braids before correct? If you have you can make challah bread with the braids, but the kneading process is strange.

I forget what types of breads it is, but certain can be kneaded as long as you want, and others get tougher the longer you do it because you're crushing air pockets, I think it's yeast breads that cannot be kneaded very much.

What state do you live in anyways?
Old 12-19-2006, 09:05 AM   #41
Pyre

As the information below my avatar says, I reside in a little state called Georgia.

Braiding? Heh, it's funny, really. I haven't braided in years. . . I have practically forgotten how. I tried to braid a friend's hair last year, yet I failed miserably. I could braid my own, but I could not braid hers.

Perhaps kneading bread is similar to kneading clay. I worked with clay during my art class, so I have an idea on how to knead clay to work out the air bubbles; I am sure that they are similar processes, if not one in the same. But, I will throw the idea out to my mother about such things, and maybe we can purchase a bread maker of sorts. Ah, the joy of having homemade bread around the house. . . Such a pleasant thought.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:24 AM   #42
om3gag0th666

The only problem with most homemade breads (like French bread, Scones, Challah, Rye, etc.)

It doesn't have perservatives, so it tends to be scrap within 2-4 days, but it's delicious on the first day and the second, but after that it starts to get funny.

Then you have to throw it out.

Of course scones are crap after the first day, you could kill a man with a scone after a day.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:44 AM   #43
Pyre

That is fine. After hosting a band competition at the local high school I brought home extra loaves of bread that were left over. They were gone within a few days. Homemade bread wouldn't last six hours

I might have to test your scone theory.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #44
SKot

Quote:
Stop leaving the kitchen.
Make my dang sandwich.
On homemade wheat bread.
Mmm. . .
Is om3gadork over there still obsessed with the fat thing? Could it be a guilt complex over his own weight problems? Funny that he didn't include a picture of himself... I wonder why?

Now that's actually me in the avatar there. Yep, the real me, not hiding behind Malcolm McDowell. Guess I'm not fat after all.

Wait, I forget... are we supposed to make fun of goths for all being fat, or for all being stick thin? I forget which stereotype is cool these days...

So I guess it's time for om3ga to find a new epithet to use. What might he choose next? Will he claim that I smell? Live in my parents' basement? (haha!) Play Dungeons & Dragons? Speak in Klingon?

I guess if I cared enough to know, I'd have to take him out of my killfilter.

--SKot
Old 12-19-2006, 11:08 AM   #45
om3gag0th666

Quote:
That is fine. After hosting a band competition at the local high school I brought home extra loaves of bread that were left over. They were gone within a few days. Homemade bread wouldn't last six hours

I might have to test your scone theory.
Breads that don't have a lot of fat in them I believe often get harder than a rock pretty quickly. You like bread, but what other foods do you like?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #46
Pyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by om3gag0th666
Breads that don't have a lot of fat in them I believe often get harder than a rock pretty quickly. You like bread, but what other foods do you like?
Pfft, I like food in general.
My favourite meat is definitely chicken. I can do without any other as long as I have chicken. I actually dislike ground beef very much because A) it is terribly bland when not made with an abundance of seasonings/spices or other things, and B) it is more like mystery meat than anything else. (Everything goes into meat grinders. Everything.)
I very much enjoy Asian cuisine, though I also enjoy Mexican cuisine and the like. Italian is decent, but it all tastes so similar, and it seems rather bland.

What about you, Om3ga? (Silly us, talking about food in an overreaction thread.)

Old 12-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #47
Pyre

Quote:
Is om3gadork over there still obsessed with the fat thing? Could it be a guilt complex over his own weight problems? Funny that he didn't include a picture of himself... I wonder why?

Now that's actually me in the avatar there. Yep, the real me, not hiding behind Malcolm McDowell. Guess I'm not fat after all.

Wait, I forget... are we supposed to make fun of goths for all being fat, or for all being stick thin? I forget which stereotype is cool these days...

So I guess it's time for om3ga to find a new epithet to use. What might he choose next? Will he claim that I smell? Live in my parents' basement? (haha!) Play Dungeons & Dragons? Speak in Klingon?

I guess if I cared enough to know, I'd have to take him out of my killfilter.

--SKot
Actually, Om3ga has yet made any fat remarks toward me, and I wouldn't care less if he did. Regardless what he may say about me (and he really doesn't say much) I know more about me than he knows. That should be enough to not get so twisted around his remarks.

Also, if you're going to make fun of him and insult him, at least have the decency to remove him off of your ignore list. It's rather immature to attack a person when they cannot possibly defend themselves if they were to wish doing so.

I am not attacking you, SKot, and I am not defending Om3ga. I am simply posing my opinion on the way things are being handled. People on this forum sometimes take people far too seriously, and if one were to learn how to get around such obstacles and take what is said more lightly, then many problems would be avoided. Do you want to know why Om3ga doesn't attack me the way he attacks others? I don't get wound up about what he says anymore, because I have learned from his posts more about who he is, and I get a sense of why he does what he does. When he does insult me, however, I turn it around and joke on it. That's the best way to handle a situation.

Violence breeds violence.
Hatred breeds hatred.
Laughter breeds friendships.

Stop attacking, start loving. Group hug, guys ^^

Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #48
SKot

Quote:
Actually, Om3ga has yet made any fat remarks toward me, and I wouldn't care less if he did. Regardless what he may say about me (and he really doesn't say much) I know more about me than he knows. That should be enough to not get so twisted around his remarks.

Also, if you're going to make fun of him and insult him, at least have the decency to remove him off of your ignore list. It's rather immature to attack a person when they cannot possibly defend themselves if they were to wish doing so.
Normally I might agree with you here, but om3ga has already proven himself to be far beyond the pale when it comes to immaturity. If some of the other posters who aren't ignoring him were to tell me that he has wised up and is no longer acting like a jackass, I might then consider un-killfiltering him. Otherwise, I don't have time or inclination to read his verbal diarrhea. And if I hear about him indirectly, I'm not going to hold back in stating what I think.

Quote:
I am not attacking you, SKot, and I am not defending Om3ga. I am simply posing my opinion on the way things are being handled. People on this forum sometimes take people far too seriously, and if one were to learn how to get around such obstacles and take what is said more lightly, then many problems would be avoided. Do you want to know why Om3ga doesn't attack me the way he attacks others? I don't get wound up about what he says anymore, because I have learned from his posts more about who he is, and I get a sense of why he does what he does. When he does insult me, however, I turn it around and joke on it. That's the best way to handle a situation.
And I handled it by turning him off, like one would mute a bad commercial on TV.

Quote:
Violence breeds violence.
Hatred breeds hatred.
Laughter breeds friendships.

Stop attacking, start loving. Group hug, guys ^^
Bloody hippie!

--SKot
Old 12-19-2006, 05:53 PM   #49
Pyre

Quote:
Normally I might agree with you here, but om3ga has already proven himself to be far beyond the pale when it comes to immaturity. If some of the other posters who aren't ignoring him were to tell me that he has wised up and is no longer acting like a jackass, I might then consider un-killfiltering him. Otherwise, I don't have time or inclination to read his verbal diarrhea. And if I hear about him indirectly, I'm not going to hold back in stating what I think.
Agreed, but I don't think he's going to wise up on this site at any point in time.

Quote:
And I handled it by turning him off, like one would mute a bad commercial on TV.
Aw, I like commercials. . . Sometimes.

Quote:
Bloody hippie!
Not a hippy I simply dislike it when people oppose one-another.

Old 12-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #50
om3gag0th666

Like Skot actually has a semblance of intellectual acuity, I'm kind of tired of him sitting behind a wall throwing things at me like it affects me.

Firstly, I'm thin, and he is ugly [I've seen pictures, and he is fat]. Secondly, he's deadly stupid, and his pretentiousness cannot be backed up, so it's not even worth reading anymore.

I will still bite Pyre if Pyre pisses me off, but at least she realized my insults are all empty.

Mine for you aren't as empty though, I think you're an ugly little piece of shit.