Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #26
The Minister Saint-Fond

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawed-mentality
im herto if you made you choice whatever it is ive great respect for those who have chosen.if you havent chosen dont worry about it .as a dude i do have one problem ,if the girl your with likes a dude you can do somthing about or compete .but if shes bye and gos for a girl theres nothing you can do and no man can compete with a chick . i kid i kid you people are all right in my book

Can you go over that one more time?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #27
rockandrose

Is there a maze that flawed-mentality created in his mind that I don't know about???
Old 11-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #28
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Someone told me once that 1 in 10 animals are homosexual. Could be wrong. My information isn't backed up....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_animals

While it doesn't back up that fact up... It's still interesting.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #29
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawed-mentality
im herto if you made you choice whatever it is ive great respect for those who have chosen.if you havent chosen dont worry about it .as a dude i do have one problem ,if the girl your with likes a dude you can do somthing about or compete .but if shes bye and gos for a girl theres nothing you can do and no man can compete with a chick . i kid i kid you people are all right in my book
I've done the charitable deed of trying to translate this into English. I could be wrong, but I believe the intended message would look a little something like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone who can speak English
I'm hetero. If you've made your choice, whatever it is, I've great respect for you; if you haven't chosen, don't worry about it. As a boy, I do have one problem: if the girl you're with likes another guy, you can either do something about it or compete, but if she's bisexual and goes for a girl there's nothing you can do (and no man can compete with a chick)... I kid, I kid. You people are all right in my book.
Despite that, it seems to be indecipherable all the same. The message seems to be something akin to sensicality, but more of a second or third cousing as opposed to a direct relative.

Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #30
The Minister Saint-Fond

Oh... That was in Canadian! No wonder I couldn't understand it.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:17 PM   #31
thetiesonyourcorset

i've came out...my mum never did chat to me about it when she said she would...my sister hasn't said much either and well my brother doesn't mind i mean he understands so that's cool and i don't know if my dad knows! my sister and brother found out as my mum told them,i told my mum online as she saw my name on msn about this girl i fancied and she fancied me at the time too i had called her my "lesbian lover" and my mum goes "you aren't are you?" and i'm like "i'm not a lesbian but i am bisexual" and she said "i hope you aren't sexual at all" lmao!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 PM   #32
thetiesonyourcorset

what do you mean? talk like what?

oh and then she went on to say it wasn't "healthy" and stuff like that!! geez so wrong!!
thetiesonyourcorset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #33
Disfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Minister Saint-Fond
Oh... That was in Canadian! No wonder I couldn't understand it.
Never, ever fucking dare dishonour the verbal prowess of my forefathers with labelling that reprehensible banter under anything resembling the word "Canadian", again.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #34
The Minister Saint-Fond

Now, now. There's nothing to get upset aboot.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:42 PM   #35
Disfunction

Quote:
Now, now. There's nothing to get upset aboot.
I wouldn't start something, even in good humour, that I wasn't willing to finish. You live in Detroit. Don't get me started.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #36
Disfunction

However, I'd like to take my comment about Detroit back; if I'm going to be making any offensive statements, I'd rather make humourous comments at the expense of one specific individual as opposed to an entire group that I've had yet to confront in any way, shape, or form aside from just passing through.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:51 PM   #37
The Minister Saint-Fond

By all means, say what you like about Detroit. We know it's a dump. But it's not as bad as Flint. As we say, "Detroit is the ass of the world, and Flint is 60 miles up it."
Old 11-02-2005, 05:52 PM   #38
The Minister Saint-Fond

But don't let me get your goat. I love Canada. Toronto is great and it's very pretty there in the summer.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #39
Disfunction

Unlike you, I'd rather not lower myself to stereotypes and would rather use verifiable examples.

On another note: Canadians don't pronounce it "aboot"; we pronounce it "about". Americans pronounce it "abowt" and for the life of me I've yet to understand where the w came from.

Old 11-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #40
Disfunction

Quote:
But don't let me get your goat. I love Canada. Toronto is great and it's very pretty there in the summer.
My goat's fine. I feel like being hostile today.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #41
The Minister Saint-Fond

But why not? Stereotypes are so funny. And if the worst stereotype about Canadians is the use of "Aboot" then there could be worse things. People also use that pronunciation in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan and parts of Wisconsin, so it's not just a Canadian thing. It's a country thing in the northern North American continent.

There, all squeaky clean now?

Seriously, why pick a fight over this?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 PM   #42
Disfunction

Quote:
But why not? Stereotypes are so funny. And if the worst stereotype about Canadians is the use of "Aboot" then there could be worse things. People also use that pronunciation in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan and parts of Wisconsin, so it's not just a Canadian thing. It's a country thing in the northern North American continent.

There, all squeaky clean now?

Seriously, why pick a fight over this?
As I said, I feel like being hostile. It's not even a Canadian thing. I can speak in nearly any accent I should ever please; most Americans always thought I was an American when I lived there, so that's hardly a concern of mine. There are many stereotypes, I've been exposed to them for the bulk of my existence. It's not that it's enough to piss me off, but I've never been fond of petty irritance.

How old are you anyway?

Old 11-02-2005, 06:16 PM   #43
The Minister Saint-Fond

So people can't say things that are stereotypical or un-"P.C." for their humorous value?

"Lesbians aren't allowed to wear shoes." <- Open mouth, remove foot.

And apparently old enough.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #44
Disfunction

Quote:
So people can't say things that are stereotypical or un-"P.C." for their humorous value?

"Lesbians aren't allowed to wear shoes." <- Open mouth, remove foot.

And apparently old enough.
How on earth is that a stereotypical comment? There's no perceived validity behind that comment whatsoever.

Old 11-02-2005, 06:26 PM   #45
The Minister Saint-Fond

Disfunction, my point is that any harmless statement, stereotypical or not, can be taken to an extreme and become offensive. This statement, taken to its extreme, implies that lesbians are a sub-class of people who are not permitted to have the same comforts as the rest of us due to an innate inferiority. I've chosen to take a post of yours to its extreme, just as you've chosen to take my "aboot" post to the extreme that I'm implying that all Canadians are uneducated hicks. Neither one is true.

If you just feel like being confrontational, then let's have some fun. But if you're honestly offended, then I'm saying that I did not mean it in an offensive context and I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #46
Disfunction

As I said previously, I just feel like being hostile. If I let myself take much of anything on G.net to heart that wasn't from the people who I care about (and they should know by now who they are) I probably wouldn't be as (or at all for that matter) respected a user as I've become.

If we are going to have some fun, we best take it to another thread as this one's been jacked to all hell.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:08 PM   #47
edible_eye

a hostile disfunction?!? will the wonders never cease? could that be real?

(rubbing my eyes)

holy shit! it still says "hostile".
Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #48
Disfunction

The flaw in your particular assumption is that when I say I pronounce it "aboot" that I pronounce it "aboot." The pronunciation I use is in fact "about." If ever I heard someone that pronounced it with anything resembling "aboot" I would smack them with a chair.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #49
Disfunction

I'm too tired to even contemplate this one much further. *blinks slowly*

Yes, sleep time is now..

Old 11-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #50
mortalitas incomitatus

Jeez, have disfunction and minister finished their little pissing competition?

is it safe to enter the forum yet?

back to the origional topic, i dont know if i'm bi or not, i've never really thought about it in depth.
i seem to go through phases, when i get sick of men i'll have a fling with a chick, its always fun but i seem to prefer men when it comes to relationships.
but a female/female relationship and a female/male relationship are two completly differant things which i don't think can ever be compared.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote